Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About to try this game.

I am about to try this game out i have never played it before i just heard this was a great game and is very fun to play.

I just wanted to know if there is any tips people could give me for a player just starting

like best Race/Classes  and any other tips that will help a new player.

I would really appreate it thanks

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Honestly, there aren't any best race or classes. that's the beauty of this game. Or I should say that one race might give a small advantage to one particular class but in the end it really doesn't matter.

Play what you want to play.

Realize that the quests in the shire are "shire quests". So if you aren't jazzed at delivering the mail and avoiding nosy neighbors or doing pie runs then you might want to move to another part fo the world. Meanign you can be any race and quest in any new player area.

Keep in mind that there is a "tutorial" and then an instanced part fo the world after the tutorial that starts the main quest. So you might see a lot of new players running around (or players with alts) but finish that up and you should be well on your way.

Warden is a fun but very challenging class to play. So keep that in mind.

Read the quests. Some of them are very entertaining or interesting.

If you are a "rush to end game" type of player then you might be dissapointed. Even with their added content this is still a "journey" type of game.

There are a lot of cosmetic options so you can change your character to a variety of armor/clothes chocies.

there is a music system in case you want to park it somewhere and play us a tune.

You don't have to take all the quests and you can just explore (for the most part) if you like. I say "for the most part" because there are areas such as caves or a keep or the like that won't let you in unless you are on a particular quest. Still, there is more than enough to explore.

There is a skirmish system that is essentially instanced adventures that you can do alone or in a grouup and you can scale the level. Higher difficulty means better rewards.

Well, that's just a start.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by syrusmag3

I am about to try this game out i have never played it before i just heard this was a great game and is very fun to play.

I just wanted to know if there is any tips people could give me for a player just starting

like best Race/Classes  and any other tips that will help a new player.

I would really appreate it thanks

I went back for a few months last fall.  Dwarf Rune Keeper was very good class.  I just got bored of it.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

If you never tried the game I would give the Hunter class a try. It's free, unlike the Warden/Runekeeper classes. As far as race it doesn't matter. They pretty much even out at about level 30 or so, maybe even earlier. Also, when going with the Hunter class pick up the profession of Explorer, you can thank me later. This will allow you to access the most amount of raw materials to make money or to save and give to alt crafters. Have fun.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Needs more info :D!

Are you going in as 'Free'?  If so, you are semi-limited in what you can do without either buying points, or grinding a bit.

Check around, there are still (rare) copies of Mines of Moria (the first expansion)  IF you can happen to find one, snap it up immediately.

I know that most people hate to read, but at least read the comparisons between Free-Premium-VIP on their website.  While you most definately can play the game entirely free (and people have blogged how they've done it) it's a fair bit of grinding (again though - if you're an 'achievement' type of person - that's what you'd be grinding)

Check out this site, there's a LOT of excellent info on it....

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/

and finally, yes, try out a hunter (if you're familiar with WOW - it's not the same :D)  It's one of the easier classes to get going on.  Just remember that for your first 7 or so levels, you're in an instance (the beginner zones) and are unlikely to hear much, if any chatter.  Once you get out of there though, you'll hear quite a bit more.  Of the starter zones, the Shire is usually the most populated (and chatty).  Once you're done your starter quests, make sure you join the GLFF channel (Pretty much all the servers have it)  It's a 'global channel'

Have fun in there.  I do!

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Thanks for all the tips and helps guys :D i really appraicate it 

i just started palying and i am enjoying it soo much

I picked a

Elf    Loremaster Because it said it was hard and i like challages in games :D

Also

If anyone wants to add me here is my information

Server ::: BrandyWine

Name :::: Anfail

:D

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Welcome, hopr you enjoy your stay.  I won't be seing you in game as I hop around on Elendilmir.

One key piece of advice is what Eli up above mentioned.  Having the option to /joinchannel glff makes a world of difference in your ability to communicate with other players or be privy to what is being chatted about.

Not everyone likes it because it is the global channel players use for anything and everything but good to know its there regardless.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.