Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Baaaaaack........

MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Yet again the prediction system is bonkered people getting hit from far away or by invisible people and ofcourse rubberbanding.  How do the same bugs keep returning???

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63559-seems-like-desync-has-gotten-worse-than-prior-dawn.html

Veteran Member

Mounts are worst but people on foot are still bad getting more frequent hits from far away and seeing people freeze on my screen, then watching them fly forward.

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

My guess is that there going to blame the unreal engine. Always a bad excuse anyway...

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Henrik's replies:

CEO

Since when exactly did you notice this?

We did a small update in the prediction since our mounts were not workign very well with current prediction, I suspect this is causing the overall feedback you are giving us now?

and

CEO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post

Quite a bit more "lag" feeling during all times, american players seem to have much more of it, even to the point of warping when very close to players. Was not an issue before the server downtime.

Allso, the fog effect has issues with prediction, making characters and NPCs sometimes float on it

Not as bad before downtime, ok, then it really points on our prediction updates that suposed to make mounts work better. Guess we need a seperate on mount prediction here.

Yes we also have some issues on prediction on collision boxes that are on pickables which we are working on.

Thanks for informing us.

"Guess we need a seperate on mount prediction here."  Guess?  Well shit, that didn't work.  Guess we'll try somethijng else...

~Ripper

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Coman

My guess is that there going to blame the unreal engine. Always a bad excuse anyway...

i hate to say it the unreal engine is a pos engine for an mmo. gawd darkfalls engine is hella lot better

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

It's very unfortunate, but the unprofessional behavior and very apparent lack of experience of the team is the #1 reason I am no longer playing this game.  I see threads come up like this and shake my head from time to time when I see them pop up :(

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Raxeon

i hate to say it the unreal engine is a pos engine for an mmo. gawd darkfalls engine is hella lot better

Yeah, I do wonder how come it works for every other MO out there.. 

Originally posted by Toferio

what mmo has been good besides maybe global agenda with unreal engine : / and i dont even consider global agenda an mmo

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

what mmo has been good besides maybe global agenda with unreal engine : / and i dont even consider global agenda an mmo

Lineage 2, Fury, Spellborn used Unreal.

Unreal is just a graphics engine. Atlas is the MMO networking extension for Unreal that seems to be garbage.

Edit: Apparently, these games as well ... interesting that many haven't survived:

Unreal Engine 3-driven MMO games like RealTime WorldsAPB, NHN USA's Huxley, Acony Games' Parabellum and Sony Online Entertainment's The Agency and DC Universe Online.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Originally posted by Excalaber2

It's very unfortunate, but the unprofessional behavior and very apparent lack of experience of the team is the #1 reason I am no longer playing this game.  I see threads come up like this and shake my head from time to time when I see them pop up :(

Its the only MMO I have never purchased a copy of.... and for this reason ^

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by merieke82

Unreal is just a graphics engine. Atlas is the MMO networking extension for Unreal that seems to be garbage.

Edit: Apparently, these games as well ... interesting that many haven't survived:

Unreal Engine 3-driven MMO games like RealTime WorldsAPB, NHN USA's Huxley, Acony Games' Parabellum and Sony Online Entertainment's The Agency and DC Universe Online.

didnt no l2 used unreal XD but dc is a decent mmo but lacking

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by merieke82

didnt no l2 used unreal XD but dc is a decent mmo but lacking

Throw TERA into that pile as well. There are plenty of working MMOs based on UE, they may not suit your taste, but they are working :P