Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet: William Fairfield on designing the dungeons

romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

http://www.arena.net/blog/william-fairfield-on-designing-the-dungeons

"When sitting down to design the flow of a dungeon, my first consideration is creating challenges that the player must use skill and ingenuity to overcome. I’m not just designing these challenges for the players though; I’m designing them for myself as well. I come from a fairly hardcore player background, raiding in EverquestWorld of Warcraft, and even City of Heroes. I love a good challenge, and I hope to reach out to the players who do as well."

Comments

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

Going into dungeons is going to be fun if they have a bunch of references to Guild Wars 1. It's going to be great for the long time Guild Wars 1 players to see these things that bring up many great memories of an amazing game.

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

"It's great to see a company put so much thought into the dungeons, if it came out a mess, recycle it, dont put it into the game. The Devs also play the game too which suprises me. Of couse you have your beta testers or alpha testers try it, but the devs really get into the mood, if it's too hard, too little lore. Good job ANet."

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

so basially they do like any other compentant company...

In Bioware we trust!

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Nazgol

And we all know there's a shortage of those in the MMO industry.

This is not a game.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by Zeroxin

Originally posted by Nazgol

And we all know there's a shortage of those in the MMO industry.

hahaha word