Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Hands On | Gamebreaker.tv

CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

In this episode, Massively.com’s Rubi gives her impressions on ArenaNet's FanDay and her Hands On with the demo. There's also talk about EVE Online and SWG if you're interested. Enjoy.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/this-week-in-mmo-52-guild-wars-2-hands-on/

Eat me!

Comments

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

He's a good interviewer.  He's asking all the questions I'd want to ask :)

• InkRavenInkRaven Member Posts: 26

Excellent discussion. 

I found it interesting that an experienced GW1 player found the dungeons to be so difficult. Just goes to show how big the dodging and new combat techniques actually play into the in-game combat. 

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Originally posted by InkRaven

Excellent discussion. 

I found it interesting that an experienced GW1 player found the dungeons to be so difficult. Just goes to show how big the dodging and new combat techniques actually play into the in-game combat. 

Yeah, she actually said that she felt like she was particularly ineffective precisely because she was trying to play like she was used to playing in GW1.  

• mafia514mafia514 Member Posts: 148

First time i see rubi's face!!!

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Umm yeah  I am jealouse. Well to those that are claiming that GW2 is behind because Anet didn't make an appearance at E3 or that they have a lack of confidence in their product, I say letting people play to this extent VS. a short stint at  an E3 booth shows great confidence in the state  GW2  is in at the moment. Great questions and good info shared. Good find OP.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

Originally posted by FlawSGI

Umm yeah  I am jealouse. Well to those that are claiming that GW2 is behind because Anet didn't make an appearance at E3 or that they have a lack of confidence in their product, I say letting people play to this extent VS. a short stint at  an E3 booth shows great confidence in the state  GW2  is in at the moment. Great questions and good info shared. Good find OP.

I found it a good  find too, i love how people can find the good, and the bad, no doubt a game isnt going to be perfect? but atleast i know it won't be a letdown to some people like Rift was

Off topic, i love your Comment, Rip the Rev, and Paul gray, our greatest instrumentalists.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by Serenex

Originally posted by FlawSGI

I found it a good  find too, i love how people can find the good, and the bad, no doubt a game isnt going to be perfect? but atleast i know it won't be a letdown to some people like Rift was

Off topic, i love your Comment, Rip the Rev, and Paul gray, our greatest instrumentalists.

I am one of the many that are scooping up every scrap of info that comes out on GW2 and cannot wait for a release date. That being said, I have pointed out a few concerns about the game as well, but none of it was a knock on the game, just somethings I will have to get used to. Rubi actually pointed out the hole she got stuck in during her dungeon. While this is a sign that the game isn't perfect, haters will flock to something like that and try to pick it to pieces and tend to forget that Gw2 isn't even in the fine tuning state. Those little bumps will be leveled out by the time a beta hits, if not for sure by release.  What cannot be denied are the facts that are being released about the games design. The dungeon info and swimming stuff recently revealed has me drooling. Nitpick at a few bugs all you want, the developers have given us some fine ideas. Now if only we can get our hands on it ourselves :)

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Homitu

He's a good interviewer.  He's asking all the questions I'd want to ask :)

He really is a good interviewer! His way of moving the conversation between different people and getting their opinions is quite elegant and few discussion hosts know how to do that appropriately.

This is not a game.

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

Couldn't agree with you more, FlawSGI. Besides, in today's world the E3 is just outmoded, anyway. The E3 is like the bloody Amish side of the gaming subculture, it's just something that's hanging in there and doing everything it can to fight its growing obsolescence, but that effort will, in all inevitability, be completely futile.

ArenaNet's approach of putting the game in front of people instead of canned gameplay and CGI is a far, far more modern one.