Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP's dire financial situation

jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

If you play EVE or follow EVE you would know the various other media EVE Players gather.

Just in case there are those who follow EVE but don't know about Fail-Heap Challenge, thought I'd bring this link up.

http://209.130.195.20/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2522&start=160

To my limited knowledge a business has to file (whether it is public or private) financial statements in Iceland and that is considered public over there. Yes, someone in Iceland went and got those files.

Yes, we have accountants looking at them and doing their bit on that forum. As someone who did 'accounting-101 15 years ago' this stuff is just way beyond my meager brain but it is facinating notheless and sheds light on the whole '70bux monocle'

To those who want a punchline (TLDR crowd) here's a juicy one.

Assuming that nothing changes with regard to their income and expense structure, and that they can't refinance the loan, CCP will go bankrupt on October 28th.

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

This really comes as no surprise to me, while I'm sure EVE brings in some money, I highly doubt it's enough to develop as much as they are developing right now. I was speculating on this when the storm hit initially.

It also makes perfect sense why CCP would pull a 180 on how they treat their customers and listen to them. Then again I also feel CCP constantly giving in to players led to financial trouble for them. As players don't think about these things they just don't like spending more money. They rarely think about why a company might be asking for more.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Already a thread n the subject here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/319724/CCPs-financial-situation-AKA-ccp-need-moneys-to-develop-Dust-and-Wodmilk-eve.html

Check the first page or two at least before starting a thread on recent topics. Thanks. Locking this one up.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.