Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Incarna 1.0.1 Patch Notes Posted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The EVE Online site has been updated with the official patch notes for the Incarna v1.0.1 patch that is scheduled to be deployed tomorrow, June 28th. The patch addresses several bug fixes to the interface and graphics among other things.

Technical

• Resolved a crash issue when loading into the Captains Quarters.

• The Corporation "Edit Member" function has been fixed.

• The client would occasionally crash if jumping when the client was minimized. This has been fixed.

• When running full screen on the secondary monitor, the mouse will no longer jump to the primary monitor when clicking.

• Fixed a crash triggered by undocking from station.

• Fixed a minor memory leak when undocking from station.

• Fixed an issue, that on very rare occasions, could cause the camera to disconnect from the players avatar in the CQ.

• Fixed an issue, that on rare occasions, could cause the mouse cursor to not behave as expected in the CQ.

• Additional server side errors relating to the mouse controls within the CQ were fixed.

Read more of the v1.0.1 patch notes on the EVE Online blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jmcgrathjmcgrath Member Posts: 23

Business as Usual over at CCP. /sarcasm

Glad to see some gibly launch bugs are being stamped out.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Yeah lol.

But on a serious note. So far it was always SOE who was topping the MMO studio charts when it comes to PR dissasters.

Seems CCP just took over from SOE. lol.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

There are two kinds of games companies. Those who have severely pissed off their customers already and those who haven't... yet. Probably unrealistic expectations are to blame.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Mahlo

There are two kinds of games companies. Those who have severely pissed off their customers already and those who haven't... yet. Probably unrealistic expectations are to blame.

CCP's expectation that they could force Power MTs onto an extremely hostile customer base and then insult them to their faces without losing thousands of subscriptions would seem to be the most unrealistic of all.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

I hear alot of rage quit threats...i doubt many are leaving.

comparing this to SOE is an insult to the SWG playerbase who lived through the NGE.

CCP is doing just fine with their monocle sales, and everyone that doesn't want one doesn't have to buy one.

CCP hasn't done squat to anyone here, it's all a bunch of people looking for an excuse to blame someone for their own anger issues.

Originally posted by Faxxer

comparing this to SOE is an insult to the SWG playerbase who lived through the NGE.

CCP is doing just fine with their monocle sales, and everyone that doesn't want one doesn't have to buy one.

CCP hasn't done squat to anyone here, it's all a bunch of people looking for an excuse to blame someone for their own anger issues.

EVE Online is a true sandbox in which practically everything is player created! Everything!

That is the heart and soul of EVE Online.

With Incarnia, a lot of us were looking forward to it with great anticipation and the idea of being able to craft and customise clothes, items, housing stuff, etc. To expand on EVE's great legacy!

No No.... it has gone CCP to their heads and greed has taken over. All incarnia related stuff (that should be craftable and obtainable ingame to continue in the spirit of the game) will be available on the Cash Shop only. And not only that! Against outrageous prices as well!

In a way you can almost call this a NGE on itself, as it's a FUNDAMENTAL change of direction with the game!

It doesn't matter if it's Vanity, non-vanity or whatever... there is no place for a Cash Shop in a game as EVE Online, in which everything used to be obtainable ingame and everything player created.

So the people, the longterm fans, that stood by CCP for years, have every right to be outraged and angry. Especially the way how this all unfolded and the sheer arrogance and unprofessionalism CCP showed in handling this debacle.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Originally posted by JeroKane

Yeah lol.

But on a serious note. So far it was always SOE who was topping the MMO studio charts when it comes to PR dissasters.

Seems CCP just took over from SOE. lol.

Thay have MILES to go before they reach SoE... With the EQ2 Cash shop debacle... SWG CU and NGE and what many consider the canibalization of games like Vanguard and such i'd say this is mostly in the range of Blizzards realID waterglass storm.

"EVE Online is a true sandbox in which practically everything is player created! Everything!

That is the heart and soul of EVE Online."

So was SWG... .. . And there you can talk about a COMPLETE change in game... since it changed class/combat/leveling/crafting/and the playstyle of a small but vital community. (the image designers)

This is at best a slight shift and some broken hopes... the core fo the game is still the same no matter how much you like to paint it not so.

This have been a good conversation

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

EVE Online is a true sandbox in which practically everything is player created!

Cash shop does not have to change a thing about it.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Gdemami

As long as they relegate cash shop items to stuff for your avatar which, if I may remind everyone, did not exist for EIGHT YEARS. The game was fine for all that time, remember? That being said, the EVE playerbase is extremely hostile to any notion of microtransactions, so CCP made quite a statement by including monocles at all. It has obviously backfired, but I think Fearless did far more damage than the Noble Exchange alone. We have a Chicken Little phenomenon right now, but it can't be helped.

Originally posted by Gdemami

Yes it does. It means less and less will be added to the game itself, to slowly force people into buying stuff on the Cash Shop.

It happened to both EverQuest 2 and LOTRO. Two perfect examples (especially LOTRO) which started out innocent with just vanity items and slowly expanded with more and more power items.

Same will happen to EVE Online. The monocle is just a start. It already means we won't be able to craft in Incarnia (like clothes, items, housing items, etc), as you can bet they want to put that stuff on the Item Shop.

And in that essence... CCP made a fundamental change in direction of the game.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

EVE Online is a true sandbox in which practically everything is player created! Everything!

With Incarnia, a lot of us were looking forward to it with great anticipation and the idea of being able to craft and customise clothes, items, housing stuff, etc. To expand on EVE's great legacy!

No No.... it has gone CCP to their heads and greed has taken over. All incarnia related stuff (that should be craftable and obtainable ingame to continue in the spirit of the game) will be available on the Cash Shop only. And not only that! Against outrageous prices as well!

In a way you can almost call this a NGE on itself, as it's a FUNDAMENTAL change of direction with the game!

It doesn't matter if it's Vanity, non-vanity or whatever... there is no place for a Cash Shop in a game as EVE Online, in which everything used to be obtainable ingame and everything player created.

So the people, the longterm fans, that stood by CCP for years, have every right to be outraged and angry. Especially the way how this all unfolded and the sheer arrogance and unprofessionalism CCP showed in handling this debacle.

This person is way off the deep end!  Sorry youy only find fluff items in the shop, nothing remotely craftable or usuable in space.  It effects the economy not at all.  Adding fluff items changes the game NOT ONE IOTA.  

All I can say is you are really ignorant of what the item shop has in it.  Maybe you should play the game first before making such outrageous remarks!

The only fundemental change here is people going off the deep end over nothing.

Originally posted by Ozmodan

This person is way off the deep end!  Sorry youy only find fluff items in the shop, nothing remotely craftable or usuable in space.  It effects the economy not at all.  Adding fluff items changes the game NOT ONE IOTA.  

All I can say is you are really ignorant of what the item shop has in it.  Maybe you should play the game first before making such outrageous remarks!

The only fundemental change here is people going off the deep end over nothing.

Go tell that to the LOTRO and EQ2 players. There the cash shop started innocent with just fluff items too.

Just have a look at those Cash Shops today. (altho the EQ2 shop isn't as bad (yet) as the LOTRO shop)

They all start innocent and with the promise it will be innocent fluff only.

So please. I have gone through this crap with several subscription based games already, who suddenly started deploying a cash shop.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Eve will be just fine.

People worry to much, haters on this forum love to toss fuel on the fire...

They sell crap in that store and will continue to do so.

Its completely optional BS.

If the Optional fluff crap in the store becomes an Iwin button Eve will still be just fine.

The game is exactly the same with or without the shop...

You could already buy a Iwin character through plex. 

Go ahead try it.

Through plex i can buy a character that has millions of skill points, then sink more money and buy millions of isk to buy awesome ships and equipment with.

Then sit in high sec like a fat cat and make millions apon millions over and over and buy multiple accounts that i never pay for...

Yet everyone is QQing over cosmetics? lol

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Z3R01

Eve will be just fine.

People worry to much, haters on this forum love to toss fuel on the fire...

They sell crap in that store and will continue to do so.

Its completely optional BS.

If the Optional fluff crap in the store becomes an Iwin button Eve will still be just fine.

The game is exactly the same with or without the shop...

You could already buy a Iwin character through plex. 

Go ahead try it.

Through plex i can buy a character that has millions of skill points, then sink more money and buy millions of isk to buy awesome ships and equipment with.

Then sit in high sec like a fat cat and make millions apon millions over and over and buy multiple accounts that i never pay for...

Yet everyone is QQing over cosmetics? lol

It has nothing to do with that.

The whole point with this is, that more and more emphasis will be put on the Cash Shop, with more and more new stuff ending up there, than in the game itself!

As why would they then continue to put lots of stuff free in the game, while they can just as well put it on the store instead and charge extra money for it.

That is exactly what happened with games like LOTRO and EverQuest 2.  Pretty much all the cool new stuff ends up in the Cash shop, while ingame they just keep recycling old crap, to try push people into buying the new stuff in the Cash Shop.

That's why I hate these Cash Shops with passion!!!

As they make you belief that the extra money they earn via these Cash Shops will be used to bring more and better content into the game, but that is just a downright lie! AGAIN, look at LOTRO and EQ2 as prime example.

They just stick the extra money in their own pockets (CEO/ stake holder bonusses) and for funding new projects.

So the game will turn into nothing more than an ordinary milkcow for the Bobo's soaking in their greed!

I think that leaked "internal" newsletter pretty much reflected that perfectly.