Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why not 3d-person?

MeDzZMeDzZ Member Posts: 20

I have been looking for a very long time a sandbox game that suits me, and when i finaly find one it has a poor FP-view (please don't troll, it's my own opinion).

Is there an explanation from the devs why they didn't implement an option for Third-person-view perspective?. This is the only thing that stops me from getting this game . .

I completly understand if Firstperson view is theyr style, i liked it in other games (morrowind,oblivion etc) not theyr games but still great idea. But it doesn't fit as good in this game !

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Simpy a design desicion tied to combat, immersion, restrictions ect. Take it or leave it :p

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Henrick Nystrom:

You play Mortal Online in first person view. We find this much more immersive than "externally" controlling your character as in most other mmo's, and it's also a prerequisite for our combat mechanics - fighting become a tad more twitch-based and requires more player skill. We do know that many players are accustomed to third person view, but even if we'd like to we can't allow for switching between the two modes as that would require different mechanics and lead to impossible balancing-issues. That said, we are sure that most players will grow accustomed to the first-person view and hope they will be impressed by the real-time combat system that simply wouldn't be the same in another mode.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-10-15/20081015225506492,2.shtml

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

You might find that you get used to it after a bit.  I know after playing third person MMOs, switching to playing Oblivion feels akward for a while.  For me, it passes in a few days.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • pausenpausen Member Posts: 10

a company suxx in coding + UT engine what were back then primary made for fps

after what i have seen of this game so far they just stick with the default and sold it as feature

they just didn´t got i working in 3rd person

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

First person view is a tactical element too, sneaking up to someone and/or thieving wouldn't work otherwise. It's also more realistic. And better. :P