Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a good one =(

FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

I need an MMO >.<

Things it *must* have: 

1.) No Google Translate. It has to have respectable grammar and spelling...

2.) A decent amount of players >.<  I played one that I liked, but only 6 people played xD  I don't understand that one...

Things I would like:

1.) I want it to feel like an adventure. Runescape sort of does that for me, and the Everquest that was exclusively for PS2 especially did....

2.) A nice combat system. I don't have to be able to dodge and block or anything(as nice as that would be), I just want it to be fun. Dragon Age: Origins's combat system is amazing. An MMO with that kind of combat would be perfect.

3.) Very party-friendly. I want it to encourage forming parties. 

4.) Mainstream quests. Like Mabinogi's or Shin Megami Tensei's.

5.) War's always nice. Or any kind of pvp. I love pvp.

6.) A slow leveling curve. I want to feel like I've earned a high level.

7.) I prefer anime graphics, but anything's fine really.

8.) Trade skills.

9.) I'd like for it to be open-world. Instances can be fun...but I'd prefer for the areas I explore to be open to everyone at the same time. I'd like to randomly meet people while I'm adventuring.

10.) Dungeons.

Games I've played (only the ones that I think someone would suggest....It would be a very long read if I put them all here): Mabinogi, Shin Megami Tensei, Dynasty Warriors Online, World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Illutia, Runescape, Perfect World, Forsaken World, Atlantica, and Fantasy Earth Zero(best game I've ever played, but it's not being published anymore).

I don't care if it's P2P or F2P as long as it's worth whatever I'm spending on it, whether it's time I'm spending, money, or both. I don't care if it's 3D, 2D, sidescrolling, or whatever either. I can check screen shots before I play, and graphics aren't as important to me as gameplay.

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Only 2 games that come close to covering your whole list are Vanguard and LoTRO and both of them have trade offs.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Try Eden Eternal. It is actually a nice game.

• ValarienceValarience Member UncommonPosts: 25

I'm not sure that Vanguard meets the population requirement, but I haven't played it in a few years. I'll go ahead and look like a tool by suggesting my game of choice, Aion =D

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by mainstream questing, but just about everything else meets your requirements (including anime graphics). The only things instanced in the game are the dungeons. There's no real instanced PvP unless you count dredgion, but it only occurs three times a day so it doesn't detract from world PvP. It's also the sort of game that even after changes to reduce grinding, you'll still level (towards higher levels) and acquire gear at a pace that makes you feel like you've worked hard for what you have.

• vkejaivkejai Member UncommonPosts: 99

The graphics on Vanguard are dreadfull.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Feverfew

I need an MMO >.<

Things it *must* have: 

1.) No Google Translate. It has to have respectable grammar and spelling...

2.) A decent amount of players >.<  I played one that I liked, but only 6 people played xD  I don't understand that one...

Things I would like:

1.) I want it to feel like an adventure. Runescape sort of does that for me, and the Everquest that was exclusively for PS2 especially did....

2.) A nice combat system. I don't have to be able to dodge and block or anything(as nice as that would be), I just want it to be fun. Dragon Age: Origins's combat system is amazing. An MMO with that kind of combat would be perfect.

3.) Very party-friendly. I want it to encourage forming parties. 

4.) Mainstream quests. Like Mabinogi's or Shin Megami Tensei's.

5.) War's always nice. Or any kind of pvp. I love pvp.

6.) A slow leveling curve. I want to feel like I've earned a high level.

7.) I prefer anime graphics, but anything's fine really.

8.) Trade skills.

9.) I'd like for it to be open-world. Instances can be fun...but I'd prefer for the areas I explore to be open to everyone at the same time. I'd like to randomly meet people while I'm adventuring.

10.) Dungeons.

Games I've played (only the ones that I think someone would suggest....It would be a very long read if I put them all here): Mabinogi, Shin Megami Tensei, Dynasty Warriors Online, World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Illutia, Runescape, Perfect World, Forsaken World, Atlantica, and Fantasy Earth Zero(best game I've ever played, but it's not being published anymore).

I don't care if it's P2P or F2P as long as it's worth whatever I'm spending on it, whether it's time I'm spending, money, or both. I don't care if it's 3D, 2D, sidescrolling, or whatever either. I can check screen shots before I play, and graphics aren't as important to me as gameplay.

Main stream quest + War PvP + Slow learning curve + Anime graphics + Trade Skills + Open World = Aion

I think Aion is your best bet. It just updated its graphic engine anyway. It definitely has a big playerbase, third behind Rift and WoW I heard (don't ask for facts and sources, if I want to write a paper, I wouldn't be here :)) Even tho its made in Korea, I've tried the game and it definitely is up to scatch with its English, like it was properly westernized.

Other than Aion, I think Rift and WoW will seem like your stuff, they aren't realistic graphics but not like finial fantasy anime style either, like western fantasy style-ish, with standard gameplay mechanics.

Anyways enjoy whatever you decided to play.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Aion sounds really nice, and I've been wanting to try it for a very long time, but I've heard that it's changed too much >.<

I saw videos that showed an amazing combat system(it looked like Dragon Age!) but I heard that they changed that to cater to the no-life WoW fans that love to watch their characters repeat the exact same combat animations again and again to no end.

If I hear that the combat system is the same as it's always been(or that it is different from the rest of the MMO world...that it's fun) then I'd love to try it. I may try it anyway......

For now, I guess I'll try Eden Eternal. I'll try Vanguard if I get to Aion and it does nothing for me....

Thanks guys.

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

Aion sounds really nice, and I've been wanting to try it for a very long time, but I've heard that it's changed too much >.<

I saw videos that showed an amazing combat system(it looked like Dragon Age!) but I heard that they changed that to cater to the no-life WoW fans that love to watch their characters repeat the exact same combat animations again and again to no end.

If I hear that the combat system is the same as it's always been(or that it is different from the rest of the MMO world...that it's fun) then I'd love to try it. I may try it anyway......

For now, I guess I'll try Eden Eternal. I'll try Vanguard if I get to Aion and it does nothing for me....

Thanks guys.

Download eden eternal

Download the vanguard trial

Download the Aion Trial

while your at it, try the Rift trial

And the WoW trial.

Problem solved? :D

• dazedconfusedazedconfuse Member Posts: 67
    If you liked the original EQ (the early years) I would say you will enjoy Vanguard.
  • ValarienceValarience Member UncommonPosts: 25

Thanks guys.

That's the first time I've heard anything of the sort. The only thing that's changed about Aion since launch are reduced grinds, better graphics, and more content. The combat is exactly the same now as it was when I first played it, which is nothing short of beautiful to watch. (and fun to play, depending on your tastes)

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Serenex

Thanks guys.

Download eden eternal

Download the vanguard trial

Download the Aion Trial

while your at it, try the Rift trial

And the WoW trial.

Problem solved? :D

I download free trials every day :o

What's wrong with taking a short cut? I've never met a smart smartass :o