Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PVE oriented F2P MMORPG

chaod1984chaod1984 Member Posts: 271

Which do you think is the best right now?  Trying a bunch and want to see if I missed any.  Have an alright time with Forsaken World but starting to see where the Cash shop might come in handy and I dont want to play a Pay to Win game.

Comments

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Well i have heard a lot of things about Lord of the rings online and how it has Great PvE 

so i suggest Lotro

And forsaken world ain't that bad but its more of a p2w game

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• chaod1984chaod1984 Member Posts: 271

yeah, cancel the idea of LOTRO...I played that back in the day up to level 37...not my cup of tea...not a big fan.  It does have alot of PVE though...just grew tired of it. 

You could also try

Runescape

Guild wars

Age of Conan

Dungeons and Dragon's online

Everquest 2

Silkroad online

Glboal Agenda

Warhammer?

Those are all i can think of atm

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

I'm picky on PvE stuff, it really does have to be good for me to enjoy it - I'm a PvE SNOB or something :P

And being a PvE snob I'm gonna tell you, (right now), the F2P PvE market is er...not as good as it could be? Really the only ones, (that I have personally played so can recommend), are:

• Age of Conan, (Tortage is good...the rest? Hm)

• EverQuest 2

• Eeeeeeh...I wanna say DDO but it was pretty grindy to me, (told you I was a PvE snob)

It's kinda a short list, sorry.

Anyway as you know there's different tastes to PvE so you may find some of the grindier ones fun, I personally don't so can't recommend any grindy F2P titles.

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378

Originally posted by chaod1984

Which do you think is the best right now?  Trying a bunch and want to see if I missed any.  Have an alright time with Forsaken World but starting to see where the Cash shop might come in handy and I dont want to play a Pay to Win game.

F2P games with cash shop.... If you want to compete for pvp or something... you have to pay to win.  Then whats the point for F2P games.... Subscription game is way to go for ALLOT less price and ALLOT better graphic and ALLOT more fair.

Otherwise.... Try out Sword 2...

Kain_Dale

Originally posted by Kain_Dale

Originally posted by chaod1984

F2P games with cash shop.... If you want to compete for pvp or something... you have to pay to win.  Then whats the point for F2P games.... Subscription game is way to go for ALLOT less price and ALLOT better graphic and ALLOT more fair.

Otherwise.... Try out Sword 2...

I agree Subscripltions games are alot better then f2p