Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Diablo 3 release affect wether or not you buy GW2?

lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

In case both games are released about at the same time, will one affect the desire to purchase the other?

Would you for example buy D3 and not GW2 or would you just buy GW2 and not D3? Both?

It's possible that both release about the same time so, I guess people won't play both at the same time...

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

It depends on the reviews and player feedback. At this point I intend to try both of them.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Guild Wars 2 will be released waaaaayyyyy before Diablo 3 so it won't have any impact on my purchase decision to get both games...

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624

i quit diablo 2 halfway and dont care about diablo 3

so no it wont affect it the slightest

also torchlight >diablo

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

If they release on the same time i will go Diablo III > GW2.

When finished with Diablo III, depending on what games are then on the market and the reviews of GW2 will decide if I will try that as well.

• darlok6666darlok6666 Member Posts: 211

Even if I was playing my wet dream MMO I would still buy Diablo 3, I have many fond memories of Diablo and will be a good campain game to play at the very least.  Sadly nowadays there are way too many rare single player games nowadays... at least for those that appeal to me.

... and the OP should be tarred n feathered n dumped in honey then dragged though the ant hills in Africa n many other unpleasent things for creating yet another retarded "Will X game affect your GW2 purchase?"

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

It won't affect my decision whatsoever.

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

i've lost hope for diablo 3. if that game and guild wars 2 were to be released on the same day, i'd still purchase GW2. 

• DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185

Diablo 3 all the way. GW2 still has yet to impress me. Maybe if they actually let people play it then i would have a better impression on them but so far they are only thowing out a carrot for those poor fan boys.

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

Nope. These are the only two games I'm looking forward to ATM. Will buy and play them both at the sametime.

(DOTA2 is also on my list)

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

D3 by a landslide.

• mmonoobletmmonooblet Member Posts: 336

Two completely different games, one does not affect the other.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by Deathsmind
    Diablo 3 all the way. GW2 still has yet to impress me. Maybe if they actually let people play it then i would have a better impression on them but so far they are only thowing out a carrot for those poor fan boys.

They have let people play at several of the conventions. Furthermore, the only major convention they really skipped is E3 and they even said they won't show at E3 since it is more about the press than about actual gamers.

Truly don't know why you are posting this, since if you had any interest in the game you would have know this in the first place.

BOOYAKA!

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Nope... will be picking up both of these games.

Ratero.

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

Diablo 3 won't affect my purchase of GW2 whatsoever. But then I have no interest in isometric action dungeon crawlers.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

D3 is for few days. GW2 is for years. 

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

whyyyyyy whyyyyy this thread even exist???!!! and why am I responding to it??!!O.o

Did Black Ops release affected your ACII:B buy??

What the hell srsly...

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

Hey, if you haven't watched the footage of people playing the game at Gamescom 2010, PAX Prime 2010, Pax East 2011, or ArenaNet Fan Day, it's not GW2 that has failed to impress you. Nobody's going to beam that footage directly into your brain.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

Uh, Tiger Woods PGA Tour game didn't affect my playing of Mario Golf, so I don't think so.

I think I might be missing the correlation between the two games other than the setting being fantasy?

• Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82

how can a game impress you when ur not even interested in it in the first place? if u were one bit interested, u'd know they've been letting people play different demos since last year's gamescom, so people HAVE played it. there's plenty of gameplay videos on youtube.

On topic, no, not at all. i intend to get both but will definitely give GW2 a go first IF they were to release on the same day.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

I think not because Diablo 3 and GW2 are two totally different games.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

What?

People have been playing it for the past year or so at conventions and events, and the impressions have been pretty much 100% positive so far.  What are you on about man?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

D3 is one of those games that will be bought and played every so often, just like all my other single player games and will affect MMO's not at all.

• katasteelkatasteel Member UncommonPosts: 30

Nope, I will simply buy both...

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

No. Two different types of games, I love both IPs and will purchase and play both... Why wouldn't I?

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

If, hypothetically, they are both released at the same time, my priority goes to GW2.  However, I will certainly have a large circle of friends who will be playing D3, and I'd definitely play through the campaign with them.  There's no reason you can't play both at the same time.  

But once my D3 friends learn how fantastically awesome GW2 is from reviews and players alike raving about it, they'll leave D3 behind and commit the rest of their lives to GW2 :)