Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server hardware failure 25th June 2011

2»

Comments

• VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by Saorlan

Guys the game is down for a bit. Get over it. Go out.

Stop the "I demand compensation" threads, stop the "SV suck" threads. Just go out and get some air.

Come back Monday and it will be fixed.

Seriously you like drug addicts or something.

Yes SV could be a bit more professional and tweet progress reports but communication seems to be a failure of all IT teams in general.

I don't recall any of my posts looking like that.

Also, Monday is a bank holiday in Sweden (I'm led to believe), so you may have to wait until Tuesday! image

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

• VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

The server is up!

Fingers crossed.

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Saorlan

Guys the game is down for a bit. Get over it. Go out.

Stop the "I demand compensation" threads, stop the "SV suck" threads. Just go out and get some air.

Come back Monday and it will be fixed.

Seriously you like drug addicts or something.

Yes SV could be a bit more professional and tweet progress reports but communication seems to be a failure of all IT teams in general.

Who said anything about compensation?  I guess if I am like a drug addict it is a drug that I use primarily on the week-end. . in which my dealer has dec ided he doesn't work.

I am guessing you were not outside "getting some air" while you posted that reply :)    I appreciate the news though since it has a lot to do with when I try the trial and based on their history of support (including week-ends) it will ultimately decide wether I resub or not.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• picohicopicohico Member UncommonPosts: 18

Yes EVE is no more of a sandbox than Mortal is.... last time I checked in eve you are always in a ship never leaving your ship... Yes I know they just implemented where you can walk around in your own little area and view your ship... there is no TRUE sanbox but to exclude Mortal as being not a sandbox is very naive... and if mortal isnt eve is most definetly not .. maybe a point and click flight sim...  but I get why some people like eve with the crafting and corp ideas but the combat is too slow for me.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Originally posted by cirsyndic

What do you mean new dupe? The old ones are working fine.

Hahahha

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Weekly server issues are the most consistent feature MO has going for it.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

MO: so hardcore, it won't even let you play with it!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by osmunda

Off topic:  I don't think anyone has claimed that MO is a better sandbox style game than EVE. At this point Eve clearly does many things better than MO, and is rewarded with a MUCH larger population. Despite this, some people just don't get into playing the role of a spaceship. If a person is looking for a sandbox style game where they play a person, MO and Darkfall are the leading contenders at this point.

I am playing a game right now that is all those things and more, and it's neither of those games.

It is everything SV claimed MO would be, except it works. That includes full loot PVP, territory control, real sandbox elements and not Quake Arena Online, etc. The only different feature in MO is forced 1st person view. Do you think that single feature alone is enough for a customer to pay AAA prices for a game that just doesn't work?

So just stop this constant "MO is your only choice!!!" nonsense. It has never been true.

The game is Ultima Online btw, and I even get to play for free.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

Originally posted by cirsyndic

What do you mean new dupe? The old ones are working fine.

rofl thank you very much for that laugh.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Hardware failure..?

I beta tested since Group A, bought the Mortal collector's edition "grab bag?"  & played for 7 months off & on..

That said, nearly anyone who has played MO knows StarVault is plauged with unprofessionlism at nearly every level, save world building & artwork.  I hope it does a quick death, so another company can come in and buy it's assets and make a new game out of it.

Secondly, Henrik doesn't understand that you build/create a world in chronological order.  Players don't invent steel & have steel armors, weapons, etc...   when no factions yet have clothing!  Or, craftable cloth & leathers... thousands of combos right there. Metal Armor would only ever be seen in rare instances were heavy enlongated bettles are expected. Not in everyday use.

Just like you don't worry about horsebreeding & guild insignias, guild keeps, guild walls, guild housing...  when a single stand-alone player cannot effectively use 2 daggers vs long sword. Or no sword at all, but buckler & wodden mace. The fundmental aspects of this game are still not in, but they keep ignorantly ignoring them and adding fluff...

Lastly, Mortal Online is not about player skills behind the mouse, as StarVault & Henrik taunted, it has become 100% about the items you own.

Which is 100% different than what SV set out to do. The player with the guild weapon wins every time, as a good FPS player has no chance when their weapoin does 20dmg & his foe's weapon is doing 50~80dmg. The types of meterial used in making a wepon should not have such a massive effect on gameplay, not even such variences in the weapons dmg.

Everyone understands this, Henrik himself said a few years ago, that in MO players won't be as reliant on items, as much as their player skill.

This is no longer case...  as Henrik keeps listening to these start-up clans (Myrmadon, Aq, etc) who are mostly 17 year olds, with very little FPS, or gaming under their belt... only to find his game in shambles for listening to them collectively.

Then, u still have millions of duped $$ in the system... so why even start playing the game if a single person is so disadventaged?

Why does any of that matter^^...  because a server crash is the least of ur worries, if your play MO.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon