Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics Set-Up

schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110

I'm trying to configure my graphics the best I can for FFXO on my custom built PC running at 1680x1050 on a radeon 5850...

I read the guides, yet a lot of it doesn't make any sense...

On Registry Editor I have:

0000: 1

0001: 1680

0002: 1050

0003: 1680

0004: 1050, ...... After that, the rest are either 1, 2, or 0  Except 029: 12

On FFXI Config I have:

Enable MIP Mapping and Start in Windowes Mode:  Checked and Gamma Base at 0.0

Screen Size: Overlay Graphics Resolution: 1680x1050 while background is blank (Think I did that one in Registry)

Textures: Both Uncompressed

Effects: Enable Bump Mapping: Checked and Animation SMooth

Does this sound right, the graphics still aren't like some ScreenShots I see, which is making me fusterated!

Playing: GW2, Planetside 2.
Trying out: Age of Wushu
Looking forward to: AA, Wildstar

Comments

• RproRpro Member Posts: 89
  • ZinefriZinefri Member Posts: 34

Use the unofficial windower program.

http://www.windower.net/

When it's installed go to programs in start menu then in it's submenu open it using the "GUI" option. This let's you choose resolution options that will automatically adjust your registry for you without dangerous tweaking.

Set your overlay resolution to whatever you like. My screen is a 4:3 monitor and I like it to only take up about most of my screen, not all, so mine is set to x 1200x944y. Click the "advanced" box to open the background resolution settings. Now set the background resolution to what you want it to be to achieve a better look. If I remember correctly 2048 is the maximum it will allow for, mine is set to 2048 x 2048 y.

The difference between vanilla FFXI with no tweaks and the psuedo anti-alias version using windower is surprisingly dramatic. I don't think I would even want to play without it anymore. If I remember I will take some in game pics to try and demonstrate.