Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Devs Respond to Internal Newsletter Leak & Fan Reaction

1235»

Comments

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

They dont want to address our worst fears of buying skill points with aur or plex.

• DuviousDuvious Member Posts: 116

My sub has been cancelled, vote with your wallet people and not in the way they are hoping for!

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Originally posted by Duvious

My sub has been cancelled, vote with your wallet people and not in the way they are hoping for!

Good luck in mortal online then.

If you really ever played the game and enjoyed it, you would try to affect CCP as a paying customer.

Most companies listen to their paying customers, those that wont pay........... why listen to those at all?

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by tinuelle

If you really ever played the game and enjoyed it, you would try to affect CCP as a paying customer.

Most companies listen to their paying customers, those that wont pay........... why listen to those at all?

Really? so a company losing subs which funds the future projects the company has in development is going to carry on with an unpopular policy rather than the opposite of people still paying and just whinging on the forums and in game but STILL PAYING for said projects, how'd that work out for SWG and Allods? I'll use a popular MMO colloquialism U MAD BRO?

Cal.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

Originally posted by Xondar123

Also fuck every EVE player that boughrt a shitty, overpriced, fake, virtual monocle. You're helping sink EVE by shitting all over the game. The least you could have done was curb your purchasing impulses until CCP became much more reasonable about the whole thing.

I read a thread on the EVE forum where some people are making it corp policy to refuse membership to anyone with RMT items, and even going so far as to wardec and make KOS anyone wearing a monocle. I thought that was pretty funny.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by jonrd463

Originally posted by Xondar123

Also fuck every EVE player that boughrt a shitty, overpriced, fake, virtual monocle. You're helping sink EVE by shitting all over the game. The least you could have done was curb your purchasing impulses until CCP became much more reasonable about the whole thing.

I read a thread on the EVE forum where some people are making it corp policy to refuse membership to anyone with RMT items, and even going so far as to wardec and make KOS anyone wearing a monocle. I thought that was pretty funny.

and this is why I play EvE...to enforce what rules I WANT. If they introduce special ships (read: scorpions with new paint) and require a standard scorp to be exchanged..fine. I can understand why people would be upset if you could buy ships with RL money, though. I guess my view is...that has been going on for years...why are people getting pissed now? I can show you websites where you can buy fully fitted T1/T2/T3 ships, blueprints,datacores, mins, anything you want.

Are people that ignorant of gold farming really? I don't want to see crafters left out..but with the way drone regions are now...min prices aren't exactly that great. If people want to spend $60 or $600 on a virtual kilt..then let them. Who cares? Even buying skill points, etc...it doesn't mean that player is any better.

Any vet will tell you..fly only what you can afford to lose. The real concern is for the existing vets (like me) that could abuse it. Again, it's already going on...but now people that don't live in 0.0 are becoming aware of it, it's an issue now.  Stop crying..it's going on already.

All of this crying almost seems staged..at least in Jita. It's going to happen....alot of people don't even pay a monthly sub to play EvE anyway. Now they are getting their panties in a twist b/c CCP has realized their mistake in introducing GTC's. How many subs would they lose if tomorrow EvE said.."ok we see our mistake in intro'ing a new currency, and selling virtual cosmetic items...so we will stop. Starting tomorrow...we are discontinuing our PLEX/GTC service. Only paying customers should have a right to access our content."

What would happen then?

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Originally posted by CactusJack

and this is why I play EvE...to enforce what rules I WANT. If they introduce special ships (read: scorpions with new paint) and require a standard scorp to be exchanged..fine. I can understand why people would be upset if you could buy ships with RL money, though. I guess my view is...that has been going on for years...why are people getting pissed now? I can show you websites where you can buy fully fitted T1/T2/T3 ships, blueprints,datacores, mins, anything you want.

Are people that ignorant of gold farming really? I don't want to see crafters left out..but with the way drone regions are now...min prices aren't exactly that great. If people want to spend $60 or $600 on a virtual kilt..then let them. Who cares? Even buying skill points, etc...it doesn't mean that player is any better.

Any vet will tell you..fly only what you can afford to lose. The real concern is for the existing vets (like me) that could abuse it. Again, it's already going on...but now people that don't live in 0.0 are becoming aware of it, it's an issue now.  Stop crying..it's going on already.

All of this crying almost seems staged..at least in Jita. It's going to happen....alot of people don't even pay a monthly sub to play EvE anyway. Now they are getting their panties in a twist b/c CCP has realized their mistake in introducing GTC's. How many subs would they lose if tomorrow EvE said.."ok we see our mistake in intro'ing a new currency, and selling virtual cosmetic items...so we will stop. Starting tomorrow...we are discontinuing our PLEX/GTC service. Only paying customers should have a right to access our content."

What would happen then?

Well I think you do a better job of showing where CCP is coming from than “anyone” else.

I’m not sure it's a question of players using third party venders, but I may be wrong. I think it goes more like this. A player sets up a bot in null sec to generate isk, and then uses the isk to buy plex. As a result, this player plays for free, while an “honest” player has to buy multiple subscriptions each month (His normal sub plus the plex he buys for isk).

Either way it’s because "players" are cheating and corrupting the plex system, and it’s not hard to see how this could upset CCP and put them in a tight place too.

It should be pointed out that neither you nor I have any evidence to show this is occurring enough to cause a real problem.

Furthermore, it does not excuse the line of deception, and the failure to communicate their true vision for the game……Come to Iceland….We’re all in this together…We’re on your side…Oh and BTW, we’re just stringing you along.

I think it’s wrong to think the creators of this game aren’t accountable for much of what is occurring.

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by tinuelle

No they dont.  It just means they can continue to shit on you while you smile and ask for more pudding.  If they listened to their paying customers then they would have never done this to begin with since it was obviously an unpopular decision.  Not paying anymore shows dissatisfaction and if enough folks do this then they will listen because it affects the bottom line.  If you pay then you change nothing. 

Exactly, well said parrotpholk.  I'm already paying them, or soon to be was.  How else can I affect them other than stopping payment?  By not buying things via microtransaction?  That would work real well, /sarcasm.  I may just be one of the players that doesn't want some of those items.  This way at least they understand why I am cancelling and why I am voting with my wallet.  When you cancel it asks you why, and sure as hell I told them why. 

And I'm not going to play Mortal Online, way to show your maturity there by throwing out hasty generalizations.  Was that supposed to hurt my feelings?  Hah, nice try.  Also I already have a lifetime sub to CO and don't have to pay a dime for anything, get free monthly currency for the cash shop and don't have to spend anything on MT's since it's already part of my Gold membership and if I want somethng I'll wait a month or two til I get enough free coin to buy it in the store since we are given 400 Cryptic points a month.

Before you bash me for playing CO I'll beat you to the point.  It's not the best game out there but I enjoy it and that's all that matters.  I subbed to CoX for 3+ years as well and enjoyed it thoroughly until it became dated and IMHO, CO is a better MMO these days than CoX, not in certain areas (especially teaming) but all around I enjoy it better as I did everything I wanted to do in CoX and haven't yet in CO.  Not to mention I work 60+ hours a week, have a wife, starting a family, etc.  So I don't spend much time on any one game in particular or some weeks games at all for that matter.  Maybe that is why it was so easy for me to leave EVE, because it's not my life as it is for some of you.  I get on and pew pew occasionally and mostly just pay the $15 to train skills.  So no loss for me really. 

On another note the whole gold farming argument is invalid to me because you will have that with any MMO and I don't believe it will ever be completely thwarted by said companies.  It's one thing to have some a-holes in China doing it on the black market, but an entirely different thing when the game developer is actually doing it.  That's where I draw the line. 

Looking forward to Guild Wars 2 (no sub, yah!) and STWOR.  And if both of those don't meet my expectations and CO starts boring me, I always have my consoles.  Yes, I love my console games and play them just as much if not more than my MMO's.  By the way you can find some pretty cool games on the PSN for cheap such as Outland ($9.99) and that has given me more enjoyment gaming lately than any MMO has.  To each his own I guess.  Good riddance to those of you who feel the need to bash me for "MY" financial decision of where to spend my money and who "I" wish to support.  Continue following the herd and not thinking for yourself.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Every company wants to cash in on the idea behind F2P.. I guess it is coming to the point where a company feels that the player should not be enititled to everything with a subscription payment.. So if other P2P games decide to try and grab more money using F2P methods while forcing the player to pay a flat subscription rate as well, then you will have no one else to blame for the destruction of the P2P payment model than the companies themselves..

One more bit to chew on, Hilmer from CCP recently added this remark...

"Currently we are seeing _very predictable feedback_ on what we are doing. Having the perspective of having done this for a decade, I can tell you that this is one of the moments where we look at what our players do and less of what they say. Innovation takes time to set in and the predictable reaction is always to resist change."

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1536495

Once again, I have cancelled my subscription and am speaking with my wallet, but not in the way CCP was hoping for with MT purchases.  As Hilmer states above, they listen to what players do more than what they say.  All the whining on the forums does no good, but hitting them where it hurts financially does. 

Hasta la vista EVE!

• DalgardDalgard Member Posts: 6

The problem with EVE is not this Cash Shop. It's far more serious: the lack of content, the lack of choices, and the lack of change. The game changed very little over the years. And the basic game actually never changed.

Once Incarna was out, I started a fresh account on trial (just wanted to see it worth re-sub, after 2 years of absence). When I saw that strange puppet moving slowly in a small room, and the stupid controls, I said: ok, they screw it, but that's not so bad. I don't care about their stupid shop, cause I'll never buy clothes for this zombie anyway.

The next thing I did was to check the market. I wanted to see if they added new skills. Nothing (in fact, all learning skills were gone).

Then, I checked to see if there are new frigates, new assault ships, new cruisers or new battleships. Or maybe new weapons? Absolutely nothing! Zero! Same old Jaguars, Thorax, Ravens...the Retribution was the same useless ship...everything was exactly the same as 2 years ago, 3, years ago or 7 years ago.  And not only we have just a handful of ships on the market, but most of them are useless. So all players end up using the same ships, and the same setups.  In EVE, character cloning is the undisputed king. Which is boooooring!

And this is an old game guys! Until now, we should have thousands of frigates, hundreds of cruisers, dozens of battleships for each race! I must admit, I never really liked most of the ships in EVE (personally, I like symmetrical ships) and I always hoped for new, better looking ships to appear on the market. It never happened.

So I decided not to resub, despite Incarna, and I closed the door to EVE. This game is immobile, frozen.

So frozen, one might say it's dead.

• rciqrciq Member Posts: 1

Screw eve then. I want nothing to do with item malls. Cancelling my sub.