Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server hardware failure 25th June 2011

VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

"The server has been shut down to prevent data loss due to hardware failure, we will try to have the situation resolved as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that it is weekend so it might take a bit longer than expected. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Not like a weekend evening might be prime time game playing time or anything. Not like (other) people aren't paying for them to maintain the servers or anything.

Sigh. No matter how much you try to like (and play) this game....image

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

Comments

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Anyone taking bets on the real reason the server came down??  Corruption spell exploit?  New Dupe?

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

What do you mean new dupe? The old ones are working fine.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by cirsyndic

LOL

LOL Syndic I miss you.   Well the server was just down for 3 days to fix a task system dupe.  Thats a new one.  I was wondering if there was a new new one found.  :P   What game are you playing btw?

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44

Jesus christ, second weekend gone to waste, we still haven't been compensated for the first one.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Originally posted by Shabale

Jesus christ, second weekend gone to waste, we still haven't been compensated for the first one.

It said on the website you will be compensated for the last one. I've had this game on my HD a while  now. I keep waiting to start my trial but this stuff keeps happeneing. Sounds like dawn made the game even more buggy =(

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by Moreplex

LOL Syndic I miss you.   Well the server was just down for 3 days to fix a task system dupe.  Thats a new one.  I was wondering if there was a new new one found.  :P   What game are you playing btw?

Man they haven't been able to fix nodeline dupes since Closed Beta, doubt they can fix any of them... Nevermind the vendor dupe which is more easier and accessible.

Playing Perpetuum, EVE just went into terminal meltdown and a f*ckton of players are rolling into Perpetuum. Its gonna be chaos for the coming months as they all try and get established.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Looks like the patience of even the longest and most ardent followers is finally reaching the breaking point:  http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63500-how-long-unti-server-will-up.html

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

Losing the weekend play time sucks.

I'm wondering just how much of this 14 days free trial time I'm actually going to get to spend in game?

I lost the first three days (evenings) to server down time, and now the weekend to further server down time. So far the game gets 2/10 for playability.

• Killswitch34Killswitch34 Member Posts: 87

Yeah, this is sad, I love MO but getting pretty sick of how bad star vault.

Karasu Linkshell for Final fantasy 14 now accepting all members! Just head on over to karasuls.shivtr.com and apply now! Linkshell info is on the site. :)

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

R.I.P. server hamster

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

So much for the very recent "server up and running smooth" thread...LOL

Still down. Still no further announcements from SV.

Do they actually expect people to pay for this level of service?!?

Not even an update on what's *not* happening?

I guess this is actually useful information though. I now know that SV don't provide any form of server backup or server room maintenance during the games busiest period (weekends).

I didn't get to play the game for more than a couple of hours, but it was a useful trial period after all. :-)

I think this is the first time in MMO history, "it's the weekend" has been used as a reason why the server downtime will be extended.  LOL!!  Got to love SV they provide the laughs, and the punchline is people pay for this.

• picohicopicohico Member UncommonPosts: 18

Nah the punchline is there are people like you who bitch about every server down time and act like the devs should be bound and chained in a room until the server is ok. As long as  they add some free game time I could care less; after all if MO being down ruins your weeked you got problems anyways. By the way SV is always good about giving free game time for the days the game has been down before.

Sadly MO is the best sandbox mmorpg on the market today; they made a game concept  a lot of people (myself included) like and that how they keep subs, yes they dont test their patches/expansions well, and they arent always fast at fixing things but what other game we got to choose from thats worth a fuck?

Pico if you think MO is the best sandbox out there I ahve a bridge to sell you.  EVE is far better by a million miles.  MO lacks the proper tools to even call it a sanbox.  FFA PVP full loot doesn't a sandbox make. 

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Moreplex

Pico if you think MO is the best sandbox out there I ahve a bridge to sell you.  EVE is far better by a million miles.  MO lacks the proper tools to even call it a sanbox.  FFA PVP full loot doesn't a sandbox make. 

Space games appeal to a smaller group though. I tried eve, but I couldn't get into it. I think it is a very nice game graphically, but I have never been into space content of any kind. So...to compare a ground game to a space game is kind of lame I think.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by picohico but what other game we got to choose from thats worth a fuck?

Darkfall.

Bigsmiff he said sandbox not fantasy or scify.  For space games having a smaller group I have seen more people in a back water system than I have seen in the whole game of MO.

Just been reading through the MO forum posts over on the SV forums about the downtime. Oh boy, they are not happy MO bunnies!

Interestingly though. No one seems to be discussing the real issue. Why no update from SV. Absolutely no information is forthcoming from SV. If they were to update the forums with info, it might calm things down a bit.

I swear fools will believe anything....

Rep Power: 0 princereaper has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via Skype™ to princereaper

lets just be happy it wasn't world of warcraft that K'O the server this time.

It was not WoW that did it last time.  And it is not a hardware problem now.  If it were a server hardware problem any company that handles that for you that is worth the money you are paying them would have it fixed in less than a day.  We all know weekends for SV from launch has been a crapshoot because they do not work weekends.  I am sure it is a problem on thier end but they are away on holiday.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

It is frustrating.  I can't explain what I like about the game.  It just feels right. . all through the beta I loved the game and had a lot of fun.  it is  very social if you want it to be.  It is a cool world.   

I just do not have time for the constant problems.  I don't want to have to read up on the current issues just to play a game.  I was all over those forums and read them daily.   I love the concept and love parts of the game but as far as enjoyment playing it just isn't there consistantly enough for me yet.

Also, as a casualish player I play mostly evenings and week-ends. . mostly week-ends and the fact that they still are off on the week-end and can't fix a major issue like that is a problem.  No one thinks they should not have days off. . but look at restaurants. . most staff work the week-end and have days off during the week when they are less busy.  MMOs are an entertainment industry - most people enjoy their entertainment on the week-end above other days.  I am going to wait to download the trial for a few months I am thinking.  It is too bad.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289

Guys the game is down for a bit. Get over it. Go out.

Stop the "I demand compensation" threads, stop the "SV suck" threads. Just go out and get some air.

Come back Monday and it will be fixed.

Seriously you like drug addicts or something.

Yes SV could be a bit more professional and tweet progress reports but communication seems to be a failure of all IT teams in general.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

When you have server hamsters like this:

Bad things are going to happen.

Than again it could just be that the folks running MO just suck.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

On topic: maintainence is done --http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63488-server-maintenance-25-6-a.html#post1166902

Off topic:  I don't think anyone has claimed that MO is a better sandbox style game than EVE. At this point Eve clearly does many things better than MO, and is rewarded with a MUCH larger population. Despite this, some people just don't get into playing the role of a spaceship. If a person is looking for a sandbox style game where they play a person, MO and Darkfall are the leading contenders at this point.