Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With 4.2 comming out which class will be the OP class now??

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Im kind of thinking bout getting back into WoW at 4.2 which class will be the most useful and OP or both?

And Why did you choose this one?

Comments

• nilsmullnilsmull Member Posts: 3

which*

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

you forgot a class

• MonfangMonfang Member Posts: 48

Why do any of them have to be OP? How do you knwo they will be OP?

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Mages suck that bad now eh?  Damn.

Shamans should be op again, like way back.  I loved having a two hand with windfury and just destroying people.  I really have no idea what class will be op, don't play anymore, sorry.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Originally posted by Foomerang

you forgot a class

Haha I did forget a class. OK what about mages?

• dirgeofsouldirgeofsoul Member Posts: 6

all of the mages must feel sad that u have forget them.

i think mage will still op

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

Holy sh... DK got upgrade or something?

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I just voted DK because the true OP class is not an option up there.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

I've only really looked at the SPriest notes, so can't really vote (would be nice to have a 'just see the results' option). That said, it seems SPriests are going to remain fairly level. If I recall, our dots are going to get weaker and our direct spells are going to be slightly stronger. Unless I completely misinterpreted the notes, I don't see much changing for us in terms of raw output. Not complaining mind you..I'm just glad Mind Seer actually does some damage again...even if we had to give up single-target, non-self dispels :P

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• ichimarunicoichimarunico Member Posts: 210

Are we talking PvP/PvE? In PvP, are we talking BG or Arena?

Overall, I'd say mages w/ Dragonwrath are basically going to be monsters. That on top of the nerf to warriors and DKs is going to make for a "fun" Wizardcleave  all over again. I think we'll be seeing some FMage/Spriest/RSham teams rocking the top ranks, and obviously RMP.

Basically what I'm saying is if you're a good player you can't go wrong with Mage. Don't play DK, and don't play Moonkin.

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

Every class will be OPed except the one you play.

Godz of War I call Thee

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

If you go by stats like on stateofdps.com  and others.    I think frost DKs will see the biggest jumps as far as overall damage is concerned.   In Tier 11,  melee were handicapped in a lot of boss fights, which is why casters make up almost all the top spots. Tier 12 is much more friendly to melee.     Frost DKs were also frequently used as the ´kiters´, which hurt their position on the charts.  Tier 12 has no, or very little, fights where frost dks are the obvious choice for kiting....which means more time being a flat out dpsers...

Plus, after all of those things that hurt them in T11, they were still near the top of the charts for melee dps.

The biggest faller will be shadowpriests.  Their T11 numbers were propped up by multi-mob dotting, which got drastically nerfed.   They are currently top 3, but I expect they will be below 50% the first month.