Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHY WON'T IT LAUNCH ?!! D ;

Hi, I downloaded the 12 GB Client, i installed it, but now, when i click to Launch the Lord of the rings online, the game will simply NOT START!!!!  In procesess, it says that the launcher is running, and also, my CPU Usage is at 100%, suggesting that maybe my computer is fightng to start it but cant ?

i went to canyourunthis and saw that my PC could handle LOTRO very easily, what is happening, i was WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT FOR ALMOST A YEAR!! PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP ME!!  D :

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

what system are you running,,vista or w7,how much ram have you got also.if your having major difficulties,go to tech support at turbine and ask them for help m8.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Gonna bet you have win 7?

If so did you let it install into the default spot? Program files x86?

If so delete it and try to install to another location and see what happens.

If that does not work go to the turbine forums and read up on the things that it needs to be installed to run. I think, back when i had my issues, that it needed to install something that did not come with win 7. And it had issues trying to install it to the default location for me. Sorry it has been a while but i am thinking it was something to do with net framework 1 or 2? one of the older ones?.

Any how first try the install to directory other than default and go from there, luck:)

• kel766kel766 Member Posts: 47

Windows XP, 1GB of RAM left, also how can i re-install it into another place without completely removing the game and having to download it again ?

Windows XP with 1.00 GB of ram

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

I had a problem with launching lotro a while back. On this very computer so I'm not even sure what was going on BUT every time I first tried to launch it wouldnt work. I checked processes and it said Lotro is running. Ending the process and trying to relaunch worked every time. Weird =)

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Lord of the Rings Online: System Requirements;

In order to fully experience the amazing world of Middle-earth you'll need to have a Windows PC that meets the following requirements:

Minimum System Requirements

O.S.: Windows® XP

Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 1.8 GHz or equivalent

RAM: 512MB

Video: 64MB NVIDIA GeForce® 3 or ATI® Radeon® 8500

Disk Space: 7GB available

DirectX: DirectX® 9.0c

Optical Drive: 2X DVD ROM

Connection: 56kbps Modem

Recommended System Requirements

O.S.: Windows® XP/Vista

Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz or equivalent

RAM: 1GB

Video: 128MB NVIDIA GeForce® 6800 or ATI® Radeon® X850

Disk Space: 10GB available

DirectX: DirectX® 9.0c

Optical Drive: 2X DVD ROM

Connection: Broadband DSL/Cable

Sounds like it does not take much to run, having under the standard 2-Gigabytes of ram is pretty bad in these times. Id highly recommend investing in a small $15 - $20 upgrade.

In run; type 'Dxdiag' to bring up your computer specs, for more specific details;

! That is the same thing with me!! Please tell me how you fixed it man - i see some hope : /

hmm...I have all those minimum requirements except the 7GB of free space, i only have 4.6 GB of free space left on my (C:) where it is installed, do you think that that good be why it will not start ?

Do you think that maybe i can move the files from (C:) into (D:) where i have 80 GB of free space ?

Thanks ~

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Originally posted by kel766

hmm...I have all those minimum requirements except the 7GB of free space, i only have 4.6 GB of free space left on my (C:) where it is installed, do you think that that good be why it will not start ?

Do you think that maybe i can move the files from (C:) into (D:) where i have 80 GB of free space ?

Thanks ~

So you have 1gig ram and 4gb free space on C ?

Yes I would move it to D I would also uninstall anything you have on C that is considered JUNK seen as you only have 1gb Ram. VMM and page files will use that 4gb in a second.

{mod edit} You might be a millionaire, but I am certainly nowhere near that, my Parents bought this PC for me 4 years ago for 900 Euros, i am going to buy a new laptop soon, but i cannot afford one yet, {mod edit}

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

I see you live in greece, is there any chance that you got an EU version that wont work now? I'm not sure if this is even possible, anyone know?

hmm...i don't thnk so, i downloaded the standard client