Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands revisited

anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Just recently revisited Borderlands 2 years later. I upgraded my computer and video card recently and have been trying out some of the games that were beyond my old computer at the time.

When I played Borderlands at release I could play it on pretty decent settings, but my computer and video card werent so hot. My new comp is a dual quad amd with 4 gigs of ram and card is N460 GTX Cyclone.

After installing Borderlands on Windows 7 64 bit (4 hours of pissing around) I cranked up every setting to full and was blown away. You just can't beleive how amazing the graphics are until you can crank them to full and get high framerates. And the gameplay has always been stellar.

Just wanted to share it, it's just a 10 out of 10 game and even though it's 2 years old, precious few games come close to acheiving what 2k games did with Borderlands.

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by anarchyart

Just recently revisited Borderlands 2 years later. I upgraded my computer and video card recently and have been trying out some of the games that were beyond my old computer at the time.

When I played Borderlands at release I could play it on pretty decent settings, but my computer and video card werent so hot. My new comp is a dual quad amd with 4 gigs of ram and card is N460 GTX Cyclone.

After installing Borderlands on Windows 7 64 bit (4 hours of pissing around) I cranked up every setting to full and was blown away. You just can't beleive how amazing the graphics are until you can crank them to full and get high framerates. And the gameplay has always been stellar.

Just wanted to share it, it's just a 10 out of 10 game and even though it's 2 years old, precious few games come close to acheiving what 2k games did with Borderlands.

Borderlands is Awesome!  I actually play that a lil often! ^_^

Lets play together sometime! If you have steam or somefing, we can group up and hunt some skag @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

In my opinion borderlands is still absolute junk when played alone, I wouldn't rate it over a 3/10

But the co op.. Oh god the co op.. I did.. So many hours of co op.. Yes, 10/10, oh my god..

The graphics in this game are phenomenal because they dont try to look realisitc, It's cartoony cellshaded goodness like i love it!

I might like the singleplayer if i could scale the difficulty up to begin with, but the first playthrough is just way to easy when you are on your own, where as with 3-4 players i die quite often.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Agoden

the first playthrough is just way to easy when you are on your own

Auto-aim off makes it a touch more challenging, but yeah co-op with friends=joy.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

In my opinion borderlands is still absolute junk when played alone, I wouldn't rate it over a 3/10

But the co op.. Oh god the co op.. I did.. So many hours of co op.. Yes, 10/10, oh my god..

The graphics in this game are phenomenal because they dont try to look realisitc, It's cartoony cellshaded goodness like i love it!

I might like the singleplayer if i could scale the difficulty up to begin with, but the first playthrough is just way to easy when you are on your own, where as with 3-4 players i die quite often.

I'm not as down on the single player game as you are, but I agree the co op is fun as hell. Probably my favorite co op game yet.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AuxiliaryAuxiliary Member Posts: 90

Borderlands was too simple? I still have nightmares about the duo skag bossfight. I do admit that most other enemies went down too easily. It is sad to see that the studio decided to pick up the trash (DNF) and try to salvage it instead of focusing on a new game in this series. I just hope that the studio doesn't die from this fiasco.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Heh, 3/10?  I never even played co-op, but rate the single player 9/10, at least.  Best shooter I've played in years, and wouldn't rate any I've played since as highly.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.