Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

@EVE-quitters: a warm welcome to mmorpg.com.

DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Did your Icelandic landlord cruely evict you from your forum appartment?

Did she suddenly increase the rent to an amount you could not and didn't want to pay?

Have you been hurt by her sudden change of priorities, putting her most wealthy clients over you, who has supported her for so many years and helped her become what she is today?

Or are you looking for just a temporary home and hoping to return to Iceland one day, when things have changed for the better once again?

There is a place for you here, at the mmorpg.com shelter, were you can find all the information you need on new housing projects and discuss them with other people looking for a new home.

The tea and coffee are free. And have a warm welcoming-croisant (with chocolaty bits).

It is clear that CCP is holding on to their cash shop revolution and it's a sad time for those who oppose it. All EVE players in this are part of a cold and extensively researched equation:

- The deep discontent and protests were fully anticipated.

- A percentage of EVE players were expected to quit over this

- At the end they are convinced that they can make more money from those who keep playing as:

- there is also a small percentage of EVE players that will use the cash shop

So just because they can make more money by catering for a very specific group, they are willing to lose another as well as hurt their reputation with many more. All in all it's an ousting of many old time EVE fans and a shocker for those who always supported CCP.

It is a coup in that sense, as obviously their cash shop plans are extensive. If not it would have been a top priority for them to debunk the revelations of eventually also offering non-vanity items like ships, modules, standings, etc. which they didn't. They are going all the way with this.

It's up to the player base now, to show whether their cold calculations were correct or not.

The more sub-cancellations over this the better. Even if they are just temporary. So ...

Welcome to mmorpg.com

*warm smile*

p.s. the rules regarding personal attacks are a bit more strictly enforced here compared to the EVE-O forums so pick your words carefully if someone annoys the hell out of you

Comments

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Duh,

If its all about money they will choose what gives the most profit.

If this solution is what gives least profit, they will probably abandon it.

For myself I cant really say that the cash shop or the captains quarters bothers me much at all.

I'm giving CCP time, want to see what this ends up with.

And those that dont like EVE anymore, can go play perpetuum.

• RompsterRompster Member Posts: 21

Lol, read up on the new blog CCP Zulu posted along with the 70+ pages of nerd-raging comments; which incidentally, are both funny and appropriate to the response given by CCP.

CCP must think that its players are a bunch of monkeys or something.  Just remember that a chimp recently tore a lady's face off  :P. So OP, I +1 your "warm welcome" to these forums that, hilariously, are already full of bitter MMO vets. (Mainly sanboxers too!)

Romp

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

eerhmm sorry but i don't understand what the hell has happened........Can someone xplain it to me ?

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Originally posted by pupurun

eerhmm sorry but i don't understand what the hell has happened........Can someone xplain it to me ?

While I only played EvE for about 2 months from what I understand is that they are adding in an item shop.

I don't see how this is such a big deal concider that with CCP (I don't care what the company is called I don't play the game any more) ease with letting people buy game time, that they would let you buy cash shop items from other people using in game currency.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by DarkPony

The tea and coffee are free. And have a welcome-croisant (with chocolaty bits).

The more sub-cancellations over this the better. Even if they are just temporary. So ...

Welcome to mmorpg.com

*warm smile*

p.s. the rules regarding personal attacks are a bit more strictly enforced here compared to the EVE-O forums so pick your words carefully if someone annoys the hell out of you

Ah, great! Even more disgruntled, embittered MMO homeless showing up that don't enjoy as good as any MMO anymore and spend the majority of their forum time ranting and trashing all kinds of other MMO's for the simple reason that those aren't sandbox MMO's! image

As if we haven't enough of those homeless MMO drifters roaming around already on these forums!

Thanks a lot CCP! image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Rompster

Lol, if you read up on the new blog CCP Zulu posted along with the 70+ pages of nerd-raging comments, which incidentally, are both funny and appropriate to the response given by CCP.

CCP must think that its players are a bunch of monkeys or something.  Just remember that a chimp recently tore a lady's face off  :P. So OP, I +1 your "warm welcome" to these forums that, hilariously, are already full of bitter MMO vets. (Mainly sanboxers too!)

Romp

Hehe, thanks. And you are right. Many bitter vets here so there are quite some similarities with the EVE-O community.

p.s. The cancellation thread is going strong: approximately 2000 accounts cancelled at this time (if you factor in the unupdated pages). That already amounts to a loss of 2000 x $15 x 12 = $360k yearly income. This means they need to sell around 6000 monocles a year to break even. I hope that number increases a bit more.

edit: p.p.s. Lol, don't mind Maverick. He means well (and is a worthy opponent in any discussion ;-)

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

edit: p.p.s. Lol, don't mind Maverick. He means well (and is a worthy opponent in any discussion ;-)

Yeah, yeah, of course, I mean well. Now stand still please, newcomers, moving around means you move out of my crosshairs which leads to me having to spill more of my ammunition imageimage

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by pupurun

here you have a 250+ page thread to be informed http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1536065&page=1

BestSigEver :P

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Ah, great! Even more disgruntled, embittered MMO homeless showing up

Sounds like they'll fit right in.  Greets EVE vets.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Oh, SHOCK! HORROR!

CCP is not going to say they will never make a cash shop!

Why?

Be course they havent decided yet.

Simple.

What was leaked was a document menat to promote internal discussion on the subject. To say they wont do it, before having made an internal decission either way is silly.

The nerd rage is uncalled for.

Funny thing is that with an avarage EvE player active play life between ½ - 1 year, most of the "rage quitters" would have quit anyways before such a change would even get near the live server.

It would be funny if it wasnt sad. The level og stupidity at show in the nerd e-rage on the eve forums is amazing. The few point that are valid are getting drowned:

* We need a disembark button and the old station shipview back.

* And... Oh... THats about it.

Regards,

Qual - In eve since may 2003.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

Its a bit early to say imo. Ppl who rage quit at this stage are just trying to add to the attention this is already getting. Trying to force CCP to promise they will never implement a cash shop (going beyond vanity items) is just silly as they would surely have to eat that up at some point. Comparing it to the famous NGE debacle is also stupid in that it diminishes the whole SWG/NGE/SOE affair.

Also, welcome =)

Edit: for clarity

Originally posted by hfztt

Oh, SHOCK! HORROR!

CCP is not going to say they will never make a cash shop!

There already is a cash shop. And if it is intended for vanity items only they would have said so.

Why?

Be course they havent decided yet.

Maybe not on the exact details but they do have a distinct strategy laid out for us.

Simple.

What was leaked was a document menat to promote internal discussion on the subject. To say they wont do it, before having made an internal decission either way is silly.

Despite what they say I think the newsletter was mainly intended to inform the rest of the employees and not just "personal opinion to spark debate":

"...there are three main areas that virtual goods sales will focus on in the game: cosmetics, items of convenience and items of power."

"One other service we're looking at is selling faction standings. We want to offer convenience"

"Not all virtual purchases will focus on customization, some will simply be new items, ammunition, ships, etc. that can be purchased outright."

"Thus we will not and cannot focus on virtual sales only within the Incarna evironment, nor build that evironment around such sales, rather we will effect a universal strategy of micro-sales throughout the EVe experience."

Those don't read like just opinions to me.

Also they haven't debunked that they have plans to sell much more than just vanity items. They would have done so as it is one of the main sources of people's discontent.

The nerd rage is uncalled for.

If it has ever been appropriate regarding EVE, it is now.

Funny thing is that with an avarage EvE player active play life between ½ - 1 year, most of the "rage quitters" would have quit anyways before such a change would even get near the live server.

It would be funny if it wasnt sad. The level og stupidity at show in the nerd e-rage on the eve forums is amazing. The few point that are valid are getting drowned:

* We need a disembark button and the old station shipview back.

* And... Oh... THats about it.

Those last points are just your opinion and your priorities.

Regards,

Qual - In eve since may 2003.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I will say as much... I look forward to having nice little "dress-up" items to spice up my avatar with.

And since all this is based of a "internal PM" i'l be to say the least mildly amused if it turns out to be fake or at least taken out of it's context to create a controversy.

This all feels like a bit of a storm in a waterglass to me.

But sure... Since we will loose the SWG NGE vets now (or will by dec 15 atleast) we need new blood.  *raise glass* Welcome

This have been a good conversation

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Originally posted by tawess

I will say as much... I look forward to having nice little "dress-up" items to spice up my avatar with.

And since all this is based of a "internal PM" i'l be to say the least mildly amused if it turns out to be fake or at least taken out of it's context to create a controversy.

But sure... Since we will loose the SWG NGE vets now (or will by dec 15 atleast) we need new blood.  *raise glass* Welcome

If you think the SWG disposessed will vanish once the game is shut down, you are in for quite a disappointment ;)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I like the part where die-hard EVE fanbois turn around to despise the game they loved after throwing it in our faces for so long.

Sadly not, it has been fully confirmed, addressed and echoed officially. Nothing has been said to debunk the strategy it unfolded. If it would have been just vanity items they would have told us. It seems they jumped on the slippery slope of cash-shops (mind you: in possibly the best sub based, sandbox game ever) and are intending to ride it all the way.

To me its more like a military coup which sparked a popular revolt.

Aye, we can all look forward to playing Swtor, GW2, ArchAge, TSW (or whatever anyone's hype-poison is), together here :)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Sadly not, it has been fully confirmed, addressed and echoed officially. Nothing has been said to debunk the strategy it unfolded. If it would have been just vanity items they would have told us. It seems they jumped on the slippery slope of cash-shops (mind you: in possibly the best sub based, sandbox game ever) and are intending to ride it all the way.

Maybe so but ti is a long way between a internal memo and a actuall product.But now we will never know as they will have data to either do as it said in the memo... or if they change it the "revels" will claim it was all their doing.

To me its more like a military coup which sparked a popular revolt.

Yes... Angry university students waving flags and shouting slogans... then they go off and have a brew and a smoke... Some might quit the school and move to another contry but for most the day will go on as it always has.

Aye, we can all look forward to playing Swtor, GW2, ArchAge, TSW (or whatever anyone's hype-poison is), together here :)

That is how it usually work is it not?

This have been a good conversation

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Originally posted by Rompster

Lol, read up on the new blog CCP Zulu posted along with the 70+ pages of nerd-raging comments; which incidentally, are both funny and appropriate to the response given by CCP.

Romp

agree, one of the funniest OPs I've read: So apt!

Dunno, if CCP has built credit in the past that can give them some slack for a period of time, surely? EvE is the last chance saloon for me in mmorpgs if none succeed in the next 12 months so I hope they don't burn their own shop down, just yet.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

The tea and coffee are free. And have a welcome-croisant (with chocolaty bits).

Welcome to mmorpg.com

*warm smile*

Ah, great! Even more disgruntled, embittered MMO homeless showing up that don't enjoy as good as any MMO anymore and spend the majority of their forum time ranting and trashing all kinds of other MMO's for the simple reason that those aren't sandbox MMO's! image

As if we haven't enough of those homeless MMO drifters roaming around already on these forums!

Thanks a lot CCP! image

I'm a ccp vet   and I've been here longer then you! CCP has been my favorite MMO I just went back after a break from gaming 3 weeks ago now I cancelled 2 accounts got 2 left waiting to hear what CCP has to say regarding buying skill points I need a definate answer on that cause it will all be a waste of time to stay at this point if skilling my character wont even matter in the future.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Despite what they say I think the newsletter was mainly intended to inform the rest of the employees and not just "personal opinion to spark debate":

"...there are three main areas that virtual goods sales will focus on in the game: cosmetics, items of convenience and items of power."

Nice try.

That quote is NOT from the EvE part of newsletter. Whatever they intend to do in DUST or WoD does not count. The balance of the games are different.

It IS suggested that you could buy ships and equipment, which is mildly desturbing. But then again, when have CCP delivered what they promised?

I still call bull on the whole Rage. We have a shop with vanity items. If we ever get a  shop with Pay2Win items, i'll join you, but not one second before.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by hfztt

Nice try.

That quote is NOT from the EvE part of newsletter. Whatever they intend to do in DUST or WoD does not count. The balance of the games are different.

It IS suggested that you could buy ships and equipment, which is mildly desturbing. But then again, when have CCP delivered what they promised?

I still call bull on the whole Rage. We have a shop with vanity items. If we ever get a  shop with Pay2Win items, i'll join you, but not one second before.

As I've said before if you wait until it's implemented in the game then you've waited too late. Once it's in it'll never be removed, just ask the SWG vets. The time to voice concerns is now while it's only in the planning stage, not after it's in the game.

I think they may have underestimated this a bit. Many of the vets have multiple accounts, some as many as four or five accounts. Many are cancelling those accounts but hanging onto their main waiting and hoping CCP will reverse thier course. Those multiple accounts give the players a stronger voice than they would otherwise have.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by BarakIII

As I've said before if you wait until it's implemented in the game then you've waited too late. Once it's in it'll never be removed, just ask the SWG vets. The time to voice concerns is now while it's only in the planning stage, not after it's in the game.

I think they may have underestimated this a bit. Many of the vets have multiple accounts, some as many as four or five accounts. Many are cancelling those accounts but hanging onto their main waiting and hoping CCP will reverse thier course. Those multiple accounts give the players a stronger voice than they would otherwise have.

Voicing concerns solves nothing, I think CCP has made that perfectly clear at this point, the only thing they are looking at is how sales go with these items, and how many subs they lose. The only direct way to tell CCP anything is to cancel all subs, and move on.

Sitting around screaming while you still have an unchanged active account is the worst thing anyone can do at this point. It just says do what you want I'll just bitch and moan, but I'll still give ya my money.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I was going to return to EVE when CQ hit, but now I have absolutely no interest in EVE anymore. Which is a good thing because CCP have killed my addiction to EVE. *Edit* My character has almost 65 million skillpoints, that's how much I liked EVE... */edit*

Subscription + cash shop + greed = bad business.

You take into account a cash shop would never have a place in EVE CCP assured us, now here it is...This cash shop is probably the beginning for bigger things, buying ships, modules etc would no doubt happen as CCP's greed grows in size. EVE has been tainted because of these first signs of greed and it's a real shame as I've always liked EVE Online. :(

Amount of cancelled subs from people posting it in the EVE-O thread should be around 2750 now.

That's 2750 x 12 x $15 = $495.000 yearly sub revenue. That's around 8250 pixel monocles they need to sell this year.

Keep showing them folks.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Chaotic16

Welcome to mmorpg.com

*warm smile*

{mod edit}

If peopl would actually learn what "freedom of speech" was perhaps they wouldn't have so much trouble on forums.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo