Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Heres some tidbits of info I picked out from one of those news stories for EQ2.

"So what's next for the game? Georgeson laughed when we asked this and said, "We're going to start relying a lot less on expansion packs to create content for the game, and what we're going to do is create lots and lots of content and put it out there on a quarterly basis for free."

This means that the game's next expansion will concentrate more on adding features to the game while the team will deliver the content through free updates. "People need new challenges on a regular basis," he explained. He even speculated on a future model by which expansions are completely done away with, leaving players to purchase features on an individual basis.

For the expansion, the team is trying to revive Freeport and Qeynos by turning those cities into "multi-level questing hubs" as NPCs rebuild them. These include class- and race-specific quests that should add more variety for alts, as well as public quests.

Players frustrated with not being able to find groups will rejoice to hear that the EQII team is hard at work on a solution. "We have an idea of our own that will help people find groups without necessarily sticking to their server," he teased. Georgeson said the devs would also love to do a "real" mentoring system compared to what they have right now."

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the mounts went live today

http://everquest2.com/news/read/current/3983

Just as a reminder, the level restrictions on mounts are as follows:

• Ground: Level 1+

• Leapers: Level 30+

• Gliders: Level 60+

• Fliers: Level 85+

Where to Find Leapers and Gliders

Leapers and Gliders are available through adventure quests, tradeskill quests, and the Marketplace.

Questgivers:

• Adventurers level 30: speak to Saldas in Butcherblock Mountains

• Tradeskillers level 30: speak to Ellerith in Butcherblock Mountains

• Adventurers level 60: speak to Ferwah in Tenebrous Tangle

• Tradeskillers level 60: speak to Darga in Tenebrous Tangle   

What’s important to note here is that unlike the 5 day “waiting period” for flying mounts, Leaper and Glider mounts can be acquired through a quest that only takes about 20 minutes.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

I already oredered the DoV and can't freaking wait!  I have always come back to EQ2 after trying other games....I don't know why I leave.

In fact, I wish I never left....I have missed exploring all the new expansions and the lore while trying fail games like wow, etc.

Nothing compares to the amount of content in this game....NOTHING! 

Just look at the different types of mount.  Also, you can pick your gods and based on your devotion you can get miracles, etc.  I have never seen that anywhere else.  There is housing and guild halls....signature quests, heritage quests, collection quests...the title of the game is definitely fitting.