Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guy in a box, but why LOTRO?

"While summer trips are something many of us look forward to as a relaxing break from our normal routine, performance artist Jordan Wayne Long decided to do things a bit differently. Starting on July 7, Long will be confined to a small wooden box as he is shipped from Bald Knob, Arkansas to Portland, Oregon. The 7-day trip will top 2,100 miles, and all the while, Long's only contact with the outside world will be through Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO), a massively multiplayer online game."

From Yahoo! News Blog, by Mike Wehner.

But why LOTRO? EQ extended is way more fun and...

oh wait, the guy's locking himself in a box for 7 days. He's not right to start...

carry on.

Comments

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289

Well EQ Extended or LOTRO are both pretty mind numbing clones with a mindless quest system where you kill x of y and fetch y of z whilst endlessly climbing levels to do the same old shite again.

I guess the best part of the experience for him will be being inside the wooden box then :)

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by Kaelano1

But why LOTRO? EQ extended is way more fun and...

Maby he's enjoying LOTRO more?, just a though.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Saorlan

Well EQ Extended or LOTRO are both pretty mind numbing clones with a mindless quest system where you kill x of y and fetch y of z whilst endlessly climbing levels to do the same old shite again.

I guess the best part of the experience for him will be being inside the wooden box then :)

LoLz @ ^

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

I hope he doesn't decide to play PVMP because it may turn out to be a pretty action lacking ride in that case.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

I think the most important consideration in choosing a game is that it needs to actually work on whatever sort of Internet connection you can get in a wooden box.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

It's probably the only way to make him play LotRO.  If it was me, they'd have to threaten to cut off my food and water as well... and even then I'd want to think about it long and hard.

• MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

It seems the likely aim of this 'quest' is to determine the viability of online gaming social connections as your primary outlet with imposed limited mobility.

Considering that I think it can be noted that LotRO has a pretty well respected community as far as maturity, general tone and longlasting guilds, etc.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I want to try this. But give me WoW, or maybe Rift(big maybe) instead of LoTRO. I need both PvP and PvE to juggle between.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design