Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was it worth it?

VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177

After looking for my old age of empires CD in my library It was then I realized my mass collection of games.. I keep all orignial boxes and file them lol yes. After examining my mass collection of games I wondered how much money I've wasted on games as well as monthy subs for xbox, mmos, etc. So, I looked through all of my old statements and reciepts and found my number... since 1999 starting at the age of 12 I've spent a total of $23,356 on games... and to answer your question before you state it yes I was buying my own games at 12 with my own money I earned. lol

It was worth it

Comments

• jado818jado818 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 356

Yes

It gives you the most awesome pickup line ever...  "Wanna see my 23 thousand dollars worth of video games >_>"

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

long live the piracy!:D

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177

Originally posted by Pigozz

long live the piracy!:D

Lol epic

• IfeedtrollsIfeedtrolls Member Posts: 122

Lol. Pirating is sometimes the route you have to go. I found my original D2 cd awhile back and a WC floppy, yes I downloaded WC onto a floppy when I was younger and guess what, both of them, my Windows 7 was unable to read :( I cried...for hours...into the next day.

• SerpentarSerpentar Member Posts: 246

Originally posted by Vandarix
    After looking for my old age of empires CD in my library It was then I realized my mass collection of games.. I keep all orignial boxes and file them lol yes. After examining my mass collection of games I wondered how much money I've wasted on games as well as monthy subs for xbox, mmos, etc. So, I looked through all of my old statements and reciepts and found my number... since 1999 starting at the age of 12 I've spent a total of $23,356 on games... and to answer your question before you state it yes I was buying my own games at 12 with my own money I earned. lol
    It was worth it

This is one of those questions that people outside the gaming community have misconceptions of. Luckily a lot of the "Is it worth it?" is being reversed with it being well more mainstream and seen for what it is as a hobby. Photography, Hunting, and even Art and other such more 'accepted' hobbies are still more accepted and can be just as expensive.

I am not sure if I have reached that amount with the number of games, computers, upgrades, and consoles that have been bought over the last couple decades. But with the many many hours and money that I have spent playing games. Almost every last minute was worth it due to the enjoyment and basically to hell with others perceptions of it heh.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Serpentar

Originally posted by Vandarix

It was worth it

This is one of those questions that people outside the gaming community have misconceptions of. Luckily a lot of the "Is it worth it?" is being reversed with it being well more mainstream and seen for what it is as a hobby. Photography, Hunting, and even Art and other such more 'accepted' hobbies are still more accepted and can be just as expensive.

I am not sure if I have reached that amount with the number of games, computers, upgrades, and consoles that have been bought over the last couple decades. But with the many many hours and money that I have spent playing games. Almost every last minute was worth it due to the enjoyment and basically to hell with others perceptions of it heh.

Just look at cars.  Half the hours if not less of enjoyment for much more money.  Or vacations (which to me arent too enjoyable) which cost thousands of dollars depending on how many people you take.  I think our hobby is actually pretty cheap.