Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Devs Listen Here

AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well they do!

Anyway, I'm a lone MMORPG player, I will get into a group if necessary but love playing on my own. My problem is is that there isn't a game out there that truly caters to that. I would like to see scaled private instances. Meaning, you could decide the difficulty of the instance (somewhat like DDO has) and the rewards are based on that.  Group dungeons are all fine and dandy, but you need groups and coordination to get things going, unfortunatly there are not quite enough people to keep this possible all the time. Just my 2 cents.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Comments

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Amjoco

Well they do!

Anyway, I'm a lone MMORPG player, I will get into a group if necessary but love playing on my own. My problem is is that there isn't a game out there that truly caters to that. I would like to see scaled private instances. Meaning, you could decide the difficulty of the instance (somewhat like DDO has) and the rewards are based on that.  Group dungeons are all fine and dandy, but you need groups and coordination to get things going, unfortunatly there are not quite enough people to keep this possible all the time. Just my 2 cents.

I don't understand... But, wouldn't your suggestion make is a single player RPG with a chat function? Why pay for an MMO if you don't want/be bothered to interact with other people???

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well I also love PvP. I have yet to be attacked by someone who is non existent. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Amjoco

Well I also love PvP. I have yet to be attacked by someone who is non existent. :)

Fair enough. image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• KralomaxKralomax Member UncommonPosts: 2

I  like that idea also. What do you mean set the dungeon level like DDO? I haven't played it but I'm guessing that your talking like being able to choose for example a number between 1 and 10 and that is the Mob/exp/item level.  An instanced dungeon like that would be very kewl. I have never heard of anything like this, it would be unique and would grab more potential players. Seems like a fairly easy job for the devs too! lol just kidding

• VaygusVaygus Member Posts: 131

Could be me, but I'm completely missing the point of adding solo-based copies of existing instances. Aion has a solo-instance that was actually quite fun to play; but it was just that one, and it wasn't a single-player mode on an existing instance; it was designed from the ground up to be a solo played instance.

Alganon already feels more like a singleplayer game than the majority of current MMOs out there. Most of your time will be spent soloing. What is the difference between completing a challenging solo quest and completing a soloable copy of an existing instance? I see none.

Actually, I see it hurting encounters. Having to nerf what could be an epic 5-man boss fight to where it can be solo'd, and by every class, eliminates more than just mechanics, it's an overall nerf to the experience. It just doesn't make sense in an MMORPG, where the game progression is built around group mechanics, which is why you have a tank that tanks, a healer that heals the tank, and designated DPS.

Another point I'd like to make is in current MMORPGs it's virtually impossible to level by questing as a group. Other than RIFT, most games add an XP nerf with no group bonus, which is why most MMORPGS are currently solo-able by questing to cap. The only content that a group of players can do (without steamrolling content, or still getting decent experience) is dungeons. Why cater THAT much to a solo player when it's a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game? There are games speficially designed already for people of your perspective.

Do you really want Alganon developers wasting the little income and available time for such a small team wasted on turning the ONLY group content into solo-content? Or just add completely new and fresh solo and group content, that steer their separate paths, as they're supposed to?

I just see no need for a single-player instance. The key thing here is that instance doesn't = dungeons. Instances were created to prevent competing with other groups for bosses, drops, and spawns. I understand how some players can want a dungeon all to themself, instead of running from Spot A on a map to Spot B and grinding mobs. The progression flow of a dungeon is much more stable, enjoyable, and suitable for a lot players. But what you should want are dungeons designed for a solo player to progress through, creating rich solo content, not a single player instance. 

At the point you are wanting a single player instance, you're wanting to play a solo game. An area completely void of any other player. There are plenty of RPGs that currently offer features similar to this; with offline and online play. This definitely sounds more of your genre of games, than constraining something intended and designed to be Massive and constrain it because a player is in the wrong game genre.

There are plenty of single player RPGs that 90% of the gameplay can be completely solo and singleplayer, but still offers co-op grouping and/or PVP. Why jump into a game that is completely opposite of what you want, and insist to the developers to waste limited funding and time and give it a claustraphobic feeling?

There are so many titles out and so many sub-genres of RPGs, you can find exactly what you are looking for in them without making suggestions that go against the principal of the MMO genre which is: player interaction with other players.

• cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73

while i agree with this being a mmo, have you ever tried to get a dungeon group at low levels?  It dont happen unless you can find a nice high level to help you.  Maybe this game needs a few at lower levels till you get high enough to find groups. Just my 2cents

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Although you have a lot of good points, you have to understand this game is not populated like other big name mmos. There is more to an MMO than instancing that makes interaction with others popular.  I'm just trying to throw out that while the instances are availble, it seems like they could be scaled for a single player or just a couple to go in and be able to benefit from them. 

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

I don't get the title of this thread. Wouldn't it be more informative to name it "I like to play solo"?

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Originally posted by TalRasha

I don't get the title of this thread. Wouldn't it be more informative to name it "I like to play solo"?

Haha, yeah, just what I was thinking :P

scribble scribble scribble