Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategy game

DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185

Hey so im looking for a strategy game that is extremly fun to play, free to play, have a couple servers at least and that does not sh*t on new players instantly...I played games like Ministry of War and Evony and the players that have been playing awile kill new players early making it hard to build. Im looking for similar games like those but that has a decent player base that wont kill somone right when they get out of newbie protection which sometimes is only a day. Thanks.

Comments

• fissehansfissehans Member Posts: 25

Well, i was also looking for a game like that.

Im currently trying out medievo.com, its different from your standard browser strategy games - and its currently in beta, which means that for the while being its totally free.

• FehdFehd Member UncommonPosts: 64

Try StrongholdKingdoms.com , it is a mix of the stronghold stand alone pc series ( 1 , 2 and crusader ) games . It is in beta and have 2 servers of which server 2 is a bit quiet yet while server 1 is in rage wars between factions . From my experiance in server 2 older players tend to leave newbie alone and the only pilage attacks I had early on were from newbie players of my ranks .

• DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185

ok well im checking out the stronghold one. The other one didnt want to work is it an english site because it seemed like it was in spanish or something else...lol

• fissehansfissehans Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Deathsmind

ok well im checking out the stronghold one. The other one didnt want to work is it an english site because it seemed like it was in spanish or something else...lol

Hehe, its portuguese, well it says that its down for maintenance. About stronghold, I have been looking at it aswell, but its simply pay to win, so be prepaired for that =))

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Originally posted by fissehans

Originally posted by Deathsmind

Hehe, its portuguese, well it says that its down for maintenance. About stronghold, I have been looking at it aswell, but its simply pay to win, so be prepaired for that =))

Odd I played Stronghold for a long time and never put any money into it at all to get an advantage ( you can do just didn't feel the need to ).

Dawn Of Fantasy is a great fully 3D Stratergy RTS with MMO option. Been in beta a while all I can say at this stage but worth checking out if you like that sort of thing just with it would release lol.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I'm playing Illyriao very casualy at the moment. It's kind of like Evony but has more of a role play feel to it. Four races to choose from, quests and you can claim ingame currency every day you log in. Doesn't feel like a pay to win game but as you would expect cash shop items help a lot. I play on premium with in game currecy I have collected rather than bought. Plus the community is a lot nicer and freindly compared to Evony and they frown on ganking noobs. It's not for everybody but may be worth a look if you are into this type of game. http://uk1.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Herald

• DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185

Thank you all. I will be checking out which one i like the most and might keep it as my new strat game. Theres always down time in my games and i like to fill it with strat games usually.