Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade & Soul Beta Review

EverstarEverstar Member Posts: 10

Blade & Soul Dojo just posted their review of the beta.

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/

Comments

• VigilianceVigiliance Member UncommonPosts: 213

Honestly this game looks really good, and i love how the combat system has allowed them to make really nice unique classes with actual flavor. This is probably one of the few MMO's I'll pick up by default just to try. Give it a good read, the developers there are really trying to do something new and enjoyable.

• EverstarEverstar Member Posts: 10

An indepth analysis of the user interface was recently posted.

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/2428-blade-souls-user-interface/

Apparently, there is currently no way to inspect other players to see what their gear and spec is. I wonder if it will actually stay this way. I suppose it does hold true to the whole martial arts theme of "never underestimate your opponent" but a lot of people like to see what builds other people are using.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by Everstar

An indepth analysis of the user interface was recently posted.

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/2428-blade-souls-user-interface/

Apparently, there is currently no way to inspect other players to see what their gear and spec is. I wonder if it will actually stay this way. I suppose it does hold true to the whole martial arts theme of "never underestimate your opponent" but a lot of people like to see what builds other people are using.

Well, that's one of the first good things I've heard.

In Lineage 2 you couldn't see what your opponent or heck, ally, was wearing.

I find it preposterous that a player can inspect another player.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • warmen_faithwarmen_faith Member Posts: 90

Seems like another game with lack of exploration, everything is marked on your map, and told where to go. Holding your hand along the time you play, I thought RPGs/mmos were about big vast worlds for you to discover. I hope i am wrong about this game, as it looks like fun.

• ArthineasArthineas Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by Everstar

Blade & Soul Dojo just posted their review of the beta.

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/

Thanks for sharing this link.  It was an interesting read and I will be closely following the progress of Blade and Soul.  Personally I think it will be a much better game then Tera from what I have seen so far from the two games.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

I look forward to giving this a go, but suspect it will require a controller pad to play effectively.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Originally posted by therain93

I look forward to giving this a go, but suspect it will require a controller pad to play effectively.

you must be joking?

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

you must be joking?

Care to elaborate?

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by olisud

Ahh! Who for  light of creator was giving 7,9 hype to this game??? Maybe 12 mil Korean players. Please don't post anything more about games like that one. We have some 3 mil games like B&S on market. I hope they get broke before release

I would say that B&S is different from your average MMO, Korean or otherwise.

Glad to see you hate a whole country's worth of games though.  Good for you.

• EtheldredaEtheldreda Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by Meowhead

Originally posted by olisud

Ahh! Who for  light of creator was giving 7,9 hype to this game??? Maybe 12 mil Korean players. Please don't post anything more about games like that one. We have some 3 mil games like B&S on market. I hope they get broke before release

I would say that B&S is different from your average MMO, Korean or otherwise.

Glad to see you hate a whole country's worth of games though.  Good for you.

That's why im gonna put him on my block list.

Just reading that post gave me a headache. The kid can't write something without spamming "???" and make it flow with some intelligence. It sounds like someone who went full retard.

It makes me want to rip my own eyes out after reading it.

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101

So far, from what i've followed on this game, to me it looks like a potential for one of the best mmo ever released.

Certainly in the video for the first 30 minutes of gameplay out there, there is nothing that i've seen or played that touches it apart from some great single player rps. Hoping for the best with this one, i see nothing but sheer awesome with it.

• RaikoLivesRaikoLives Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by trembulant

So far, from what i've followed on this game, to me it looks like a potential for one of the best mmo ever released.

Certainly in the video for the first 30 minutes of gameplay out there, there is nothing that i've seen or played that touches it apart from some great single player rps. Hoping for the best with this one, i see nothing but sheer awesome with it.

You, sir, may stay. This is the kind of comment I'm looking for when I read forums and threads about upcoming games. Some damned OPTIMISM that isn't just sheer raving lunacy. It LOOKS awesome. It SEEMS really great. Unique too. Sure, it could suck. As we get closer to launch we'll find out. But... right now I'm considering learning Korean to get in quicker.

• bbalmorebbalmore Member Posts: 8

I'm with trembulant, this game looks nuuuuuts!  I just hope it's not too grindy.

• Cancer335Cancer335 Member Posts: 12

Idk, im on the fence about this game. Personally I dont believe this game will live up to the hype with tera around. B&S has somethings going for it like a more down to earth action mmo, but there something about the combat that bothers me. Idk if its slow or if it seems like your just waiting to attack at the right time or what it is, just the combos and combat is blah. Graphics its great, the style is amazing, but from what ive seen and looked at, in the end it just seem to stack against a game that has all this and more. I hate to say this game is better than this game, but when the two games look and feel so close to each other I have to compare at least a bit. I guess in the long run people will go to what game they like mor :/

• RaikoLivesRaikoLives Member Posts: 89

Must be a personal taste thing because I think the combos and combat look excellent. This is definately not an "Action MMO" like what I understand TERA to be and something like DCUO. It is "use a series of specific attacks/spells" much like "normal" MMOs (WoW or Rift or TOR etc). The attack animations blend very well together and the UI is nice and dynamic changing up as your combat options change. 

I had a very specific idea of what to expect from DCUO but when I played it it felt totally different, so going by looks alone, compared to being able to grab hold of the game and play, is always risky, but the elements of the game as they have been described thus far, I'm on board. The recently released video of the assasin class may help ease your fears?

• PaybackXeroPaybackXero Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

you must be joking?

Care to elaborate?

Just taking a guess, but he probably means "You're joking. A controller? NO ONE uses controllers on pc games."

On a side note, I use controllers for emulators on my PC.

• harry_watharry_wat Member Posts: 33

High-end graphics. Lots of custom presets on each races/class. Good skill combo system, it's just like you're playing Tekken. And the Destroyer class looks scary.

• KusariyaroKusariyaro Member Posts: 12

Mage, Assassin and Destroyer for me. That is all.