Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online dungeon (the temple of dooooom) ...it has traps :O

ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

A video of indiana cyde and tranny jones enter a dungeon to get loot but what they did not know, was that they was being chased by other treasure hunters......but it wasn't the treasure hunters that was the greatest threat, it was the cursed temple of doom with its deadly spiked traps.

will indiana cyde and tranny jones get the treasure? or will they perish to the temple or the threat that sneaks up behind them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsE9dlVbjgQ <--- here link to video

here thread that it was linked from.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63044-temple-doom.html

p.s just thought I post it in here, since no one posted it, also I guess you don't see deadly traps like this in other games :D with treasure.

[Mod Edit] 

{mod edit}

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Yeah, you don't see traps like this in a game :))

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

Haha! Awesome!

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44

In order to open the chests, you need to kill a named boss in the graveyard, which drops a key. Content of the chest varies, from a couple of gold to some portable utilities.

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Originally posted by ange10

A video of indiana cyde and tranny jones enter a dungeon to get loot but what they did not know, was that they was being chased by other treasure hunters......but it wasn't the treasure hunters that was the greatest threat, it was the cursed temple of doom with its deadly spiked traps.

will indiana cyde and tranny jones get the treasure? or will they perish to the temple or the threat that sneaks up behind them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsE9dlVbjgQ <--- here link to video

here thread that it was linked from.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63044-temple-doom.html

p.s just thought I post it in here, since no one posted it, also I guess you don't see deadly traps like this in other games :D with treasure.

[Mod Edit]

Is MO the only game you have played??  UO had extensive dungeons with treasure and traps.  Whats even more funny is the traps you see in the video are the same ones you can find in UO. (Spike Trap)  And there are lots of games with treasure and traps.  Also at least in UO thieves had lockpicking so they could pick the locks. 

What I do see in the videos tho is.  Alot of lag and no real content in the dungeon.   I do not know many games with dungeons where you could sit there and play with the traps and no mobs are constantly coming to get you. 

• KalTheoKalTheo Member UncommonPosts: 65

Watched the whole video, I'd say DDO's traps are far more impressive and deadly.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

That is not correct. Above mentioned Dungeons and Dragons did lot better, and even Warhammer had more interested traps in their expansion zone then this. 

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

I've seen more impressive traps in Rift dungeons even...

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

your comparing theme park mmos with "instanced" dungeons to a persistant online virtual world such as mortal online.

comparing the other 2 games, xyson and darkfall, you do not see this.

{mod edit}

plus in MO the players are the mobs :P and plexy you know that mo is "uo insipred" and "spike traps, isn't a UO thing"

your comparing theme park mmos with "instanced" dungeons to a persistant online virtual world such as mortal online.

for some reason, a mod felt to delete xsyon and darkfall from my opening post.

plus in MO the players are the mobs :P and plexy you know that mo is "uo insipred" and "spike traps, isn't a UO thing"

LOL All I see is excuse excuse excuse you sound like one of the females I personally train when they do not feel like working out.  You said no game has treasure and traps now it turns into well those are theme parks.  And the people are the mobs?? lol is that the new reason why there is no content??   And spike traps were in UO.  I know for a fact you did not play UO I saw you say it yourself on the official forums.   UO also had exploding traps, poison gas cloud traps, teleport traps, spear traps, arrow traps.  You get excited a game in 2011 a year after release puts 1 spike trap in a 1 room cave, and call it a dungeon with content that no other game has.  lolololol.

Also the Dungeons in DF are so much better than MO.  Go play you will see.  Also there are treasure chests in DF.  I do not remember if there were traps.  But there is a lot of pve content.  I am sorry MO does not have pve content because the AI is some of the worst AI I have seen in any game I have played.  And they are "still working on it".  I remember when Henrik said the EPIC patch os going to fix AI.  How did that go?

Pic of a treasure chest in DF.

What does it matter if spikes are instanced or not. For engine, surely it doesn't. Even WoW got open world hazzards in non instanced places.

{mod edit}  Even if he did the statement is untrue see DF.  And you forgot about UO.  It is a persistant open world with over 10 different traps and treasure. Along with content rich dungeons.

But you also said this.  "p.s just thought I post it in here, since no one posted it, also I guess you don't see deadly traps like this in other games :D with treasure."  

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by Moreplex

{mod edit}

LOL All I see is excuse excuse excuse you sound like one of the females I personally train when they do not feel like working out.  You said no game has treasure and traps now it turns into well those are theme parks.  And the people are the mobs?? lol is that the new reason why there is no content??   And spike traps were in UO.  I know for a fact you did not play UO I saw you say it yourself on the official forums.   UO also had exploding traps, poison gas cloud traps, teleport traps, spear traps, arrow traps.  You get excited a game in 2011 a year after release puts 1 spike trap in a 1 room cave, and call it a dungeon with content that no other game has.  lolololol.

Also the Dungeons in DF are so much better than MO.  Go play you will see.  Also there are treasure chests in DF.  I do not remember if there were traps.  But there is a lot of pve content.  I am sorry MO does not have pve content because the AI is some of the worst AI I have seen in any game I have played.  And they are "still working on it".  I remember when Henrik said the EPIC patch os going to fix AI.  How did that go?

Pic of a treasure chest in DF.

lol is that all darkfall has to offer after 2 years?

just look at MO development and DF development, 1 year, and already MO has more sand.

btw, MO has treasure chests as-well, and that chaos chest looks so ulgy in DF....where is darkfall 2010?

also if i recall, people will be able to explore in mo for chests by using a treasure map they fished up in a bottle when fishing in MO.

{mod edit}

DF may be more polished, but thats because it took them 12 years to polish it and all they added in the last 2 years is some minor updates :3 and new world textures.

darkfall is a arena game, there even got "darkfall arena" coming lol, darkfall devs don't even care about their own community, just look at what they promised in the past, they talking about 2 different games, yet both are called darkfall.

you may be like "oh what happened to this and this" but its still coming lol.

we got the AI update coming hopefully in the next six months which will make darkfall AI look primiative like the rest of the game.

you play with your funhulks :) and UO VS darkfall, you can't even put DF in the same catagory as UO, but at least you can compare MO and UO side by side.

DF dungeons will be like world of warcraft, you kill a boss, you get epicz loot,  and you have to go speak to someone, at least we have puzzles to solve, like getting keys to chests, or findiing out what a item does  and actually think like people and not sheep just walking to the next question mark.

also we had items, that people never had people like ironfur and some other "unique rare stuff" i would say rare, but so far, we killed a boss, that people will never fight again and we got loot, that no other person will have.

thats the big difference between MO and Darkfall, in mo you make history, while in darkfall your just repeating in the last persons foot steps.

just look at MO development and DF development, 1 year, and already MO has more sand.

Funny, but DF even now has more content and sand all together then MO.

also if i recall, people will be able to explore in mo for chests by using a treasure map they fished up in a bottle when fishing in MO.

Key word is "will".. Potential, potential.. I have yet to see that potential. MO atm is worthless to explore. There are no rare chests hidden in the world, no rare herbs or ores to collect, no rare bosses hidden in some god forgotten caves.. so dull.

darkfall is a arena game, there even got "darkfall arena" coming lol, darkfall devs don't even care about their own community, just look at what they promised in the past, they talking about 2 different games, yet both are called darkfall.

Heh, talk about pot callling kettle black. DF is an arena game? Devs didn't deliver what they promised? Look at MO, I yet have to see stuff they showed in their very first teaser. Not to mention that if anything is a PvP game, it's MO with it's lack of content.

we got the AI update coming hopefully in the next six months which will make darkfall AI look primiative like the rest of the game.

You have this "AI update" coming for half a year. So far all promised "next gen" features of MO either had to be shut down or were unfinished and buggy.

but at least you can compare MO and UO side by side.

Nope.

DF dungeons will be like world of warcraft, you kill a boss, you get epicz loot,  and you have to go speak to someone, at least we have puzzles to solve, like getting keys to chests, or findiing out what a item does  and actually think like people and not sheep just walking to the next question mark.

That's it? Finding a key? At least DF has lots of dungeons to explore, and not just random boss spawned here and there by developer and one dungeon released in an expansion.

thats the big difference between MO and Darkfall, in mo you make history, while in darkfall your just repeating in the last persons foot steps.

So, how much history have you made, let me hear. Have you saved the city from a dragon invasion, which head now hangs on the gates? Have you repelled an undead invasion, and were able to discover a lost dungeon beneath their graveyard? Have you maybe uncovered forgotten ruins of an old city? Nope, just killed some random AI with an unique name tag.

That is dull. Your history is non existent. Players who will be playing the game in couple of months after that event will know nothing of it, and will see nothing of what you accomplished. That, is not making history. Making history is affecting and changing the world for players to come to see.

Your whole post is basically a very severa case of "pot calling the kettle black". I'm all in for discussing games, and gotta admit MO has its upsides, but you sure exaggerate way beyond its current state.

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by Toferio

Your whole post is basically a very severa case of "pot calling the kettle black". I'm all in for discussing games, and gotta admit MO has its upsides, but you sure exaggerate way beyond its current state.

Yea lol, if by severe you mean that the pot is also dirty, frail and rusty. Where is the potential of MO? It is potentially bankrupt soon, potentially full of corrupt GMs, potentially run by a CEO who has completely lots grip on the project and possibly on reality, potentially badly coded and thus a very easy target for cheaters, amongst other "potentials".

Potential to keep only half the positive promises that SV made? Not that I can see, nope.

Hint: "Weapon balance does not exist" is not equal to "there is a lot of potential to see balanced weapons ingame in the future", in fact it's quite the opposite. The devs don't even look at real problems with their rears. That's not a promising surrounding for a little MMO baby to grow up.

MO has to advertise with "potential" because it doesn't have anything else to offer.

Pretty much your whole argument hinges on what will happen Angel10.  And that makes no sense when you look at all the stuff that was promised and is still not here.  Like I said didn't Henrik say the EPIC patch would fix the AI and it has not been fixed.  So when MO gets all the features you say will be there then I guess you have a leg to stand on.  But saying a game is better than another game because of what will be is not very smart or logical.

I do not compare MO to DF because I do not like either game.  I only liked DF enough to pay for a sub for 6 months.  And to say MO has more sand is not right either.  At least DF has a working territory control system and a working war system MO does not.  The Keeps in DF are also worth fighting over the keeps in MO are not.  There are many many threads on the official forums saying the keeps are useless why even fight for them.  And we both know the territory control system is a place holder that was shoved in the game to make a bunch of guilds happy that do not even play anymore.

Toferio pretty much summed it up well.

But I need to touch on one other thing.  You never played UO.  You even said it in the official forums.  How do you know you can compare the 2?  I played UO from 97 to 03.  I would not compare them at all.  Friends I played UO with that did the trial could not compare them either.  I loved UO so much!!!  I wanted a 3d version of MO thats why I tried out MO.  Now if I loved UO so much until EA ruined it.  Why don't I like MO??  Why isn't there thousands of oldschool UOers playing it??  I am telling you right now old school UOers are a cult if MO were half as good as UO they would be there enmasse.  But they will not play a game on "what will be".  

Dawn is just another example of how SV does not know what they are doing they promissed the world with it and delivered a pea.   How do you like playing a game a week from an "expansion" with whole systems not working (refining, pet system)  Oh and wasn't the guild stones supposed to be fixed in Dawn??  lol.