Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allright! "Sell" this game to me if you can!

chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I am in search of something new. I have been looking into Mortal Online for a while, but honestly all the negative talk in this forum has made me drop that.

So, can you try give me some good reasons why I should try this game out? I ask other nicely to leave the negativity out cause THAT part is covered.

I have played Darkfall, which I hear is something as the same of MO, but Darkfall was way to grindy to me. I really do like the FPS style (even though I need lots of practise there), and I am well capable of coping with being killed & robbed from the time I had in Darkfall.

So, why should I try Mortal Online?

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

Comments

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

It's still a bit grindy, in that most of your time will be spent doing things to raise skills similar to Darkfall. Whether that is enjoyable for you is something that you'll have to decide.

It's got:

FFA PVP System

Mounts? (if they fixed them)

A different character select system allowing heirtages.

Open world.

Wide array of crafting skills (food, woodworking, etc).

Housing

That's about all I can name off with this headache. If you didn't like Darkfall's grindy system you probably won't like Mortal Online

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44

Well, if it's the grinding that stopped you from enjoying Darkfall, you'll be all good with Mortal. You can be combat-ready with a fighter character in a couple of hours. Every skills can be learned up to ~80ish by reading books while offline.

But your timing is way off. The server has been down for two days now, with little to no communication as to what they are trying to fix. The new expension just came out, creating new dupes, bugs and crashes. I would wait a couple of weeks before getting into the trial.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

There's a free trial available, so you can try it and form your own opinions. Have fun with that.

Joined - July 2004

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Originally posted by parrotpholk

You should not.  It has nothiing to do with the game but more you.  Its not personal but you game hop and are never in anything long enough.  Why waste even more money on something you WILL leave in a couple of weeks for whatever reason.  Maybe sandboxes are not for you I do not know but you are just going to waste more money looking for MMO nirvana.  Try the trial would be the best advice that way you are not burning more money. 

I have been a game hopper for 11 years. I really enjoy trying out new games :)

There are a few sandboxes that have held my attention for a while, like Anarchy Online (I will still play it)

Money is not the object here, "wasting" a few bucks is totally worth it if it keeps me for a month or two :)

I think I will wait a few weeks though, as someone here said, until the servers are back up.

Thanks all for nice replies!

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

thb I hate threads like this. As if we can sway your opinion to do anything more that to actually try the trial. Its going to be up to you if you want to play it or not after trying it first.

I've done the trial of MO and DF back to back make several months ago and while I do like the idea of them, neither one was very fun for me. DF was a little better because it was easy to replace items lost while MO it wasn't. MO has the better graphics but DF works better as a game.

Seriously just go play the trial

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by chrisel

I am in search of something new. I have been looking into Mortal Online for a while, but honestly all the negative talk in this forum has made me drop that.

So, can you try give me some good reasons why I should try this game out? I ask other nicely to leave the negativity out cause THAT part is covered.

I have played Darkfall, which I hear is something as the same of MO, but Darkfall was way to grindy to me. I really do like the FPS style (even though I need lots of practise there), and I am well capable of coping with being killed & robbed from the time I had in Darkfall.

So, why should I try Mortal Online?

I charge $150.00 per hour with a four hour minimum.  Cash only for internet types.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by RedRocket

{mod edit}

A lot of people don't know there's a free trial for MO.  Hear that quite often - no point in "hating" people for it.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• picohicopicohico Member UncommonPosts: 18

{mod edit}

Mortal Online is a fun game. Very buggy last week none of the bugs were game breaking lol this week they are lol. After the Dawn patch released makes the game crash all the time and shit so they disabled mounts and pets. Now the server is down for maintenance. MO has a skill cap and stat cap thank god. Its a good game but it has a learning curve at beginning and at times it is very hard to find items you are looking for because everything is player crafted.  Just try the trail.

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Originally posted by picohico

{mod edit}

Mortal Online is a fun game. Very buggy last week none of the bugs were game breaking lol this week they are lol. After the Dawn patch released makes the game crash all the time and shit so they disabled mounts and pets. Now the server is down for maintenance. MO has a skill cap and stat cap thank god. Its a good game but it has a learning curve at beginning and at times it is very hard to find items you are looking for because everything is player crafted.  Just try the trail.

First to the OP play the trial that is enuf to tell you if you like it or not.  I was on my third trial trying to talk myself into playing but because of crashes and the server being down for almost 3 days now that has been a bust. 

They highlighted part.  The problem is not everything is player crafted the problem is the pop is so low it is hard to find what you need because there are no trade tools for people to use.  The only way to buy something is sitting in town and yelling "WTB stuff".  The longest I went was almost and hour and I went to 2 different towns.  I do not know why there is not a localised Auction House or something (notice board).  With limited time to play It sux to sit there more than 5 mins to buy gear.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Chrisel, you sound a lot like me. I also really enjoyed Darkfall, but could not handle the grind. Mortal Online is similar to Darkfall in many ways, but the grind is EASY to get through. You can have a fully developed character in just a few days if you do it right. It takes a little bit of learning (like anything worth doing), but I personally think it is worth it. Give it a try! You may enjoy yourself... 

Also, pick Meduli as your starting town. There are tons of people in that area whereas some of the starting spots are completely empty.

EDIT: I might also suggest waiting a couple of weeks before you try it. The game is suffering from a number of serious bugs right now since the expansion was just implemented. SV should have those hammered out soon though.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

there is no selling this game. there are so many things that don't work as they should that nobody in their right mind should be trying to sell it.

however, it is one of a kind. much like DF you either hate it or love it. i personaly love what MO is trying to be, but i'm the first to admit that it's 'got a long way to go before it can be called a good game. the only thing i can say is play the free trial and make up your own mind. it is not DF, it is not Oblivion, it's is MO.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Anything cooked up by swedes is worth checking out

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuppetsStudio#p/c/6636DFBD770F6ED2/1/2Qj8PhxSnhg

Seriously though, this game is not for everyone. If you generally liked Darkfall, but fhound it too "grindy", MO might be the game for you. Best advice has been posted many times already. There is a 2 week free trial.  Give it a try (might want to wait a week to let Dawn settle down a bit first.)

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I will check back in a few weeks, and hope the bugs are sorted out. I enjoyed my time in DFO, but grind killed me. Looking forward to try this out, but no point in wasting my trial when game appears to be not delivering due to bugs. Which is kinda alarming to hear I must say...

But I will give it a try; checking back in forum here regularly. Thanks all.