Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Down for Maintenance

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

SV took the server offline for maintenance very late last night, giving this short notification:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63135-server-maintance.html#post1162820

No information on the exact purpose of the maintenance, or estimated time it will be back up, have been made available so far.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

SV gave us another update about the server status:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63175-server-maintance-update.html#post1163328

They're just appologizing that it's taking awhile and saying we (the active players) will be getting free game time to compensate.  Classy move with the compensation, it sounds like they're zeroing in on the crashes some players are experiencing, hopefully they'll get it resolved soon.  

Myself, I don't have internet at my new place yet anyway so no harm on my end, though other people are antsy to play again obviously... I've been having withdrawals already 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Holy crap.. their only server is down for "at least another day"...

Whoa!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• kallearseskallearses Member Posts: 44

our world will be fallen, the players will jump from the cliff wth should they do tomorrow?

woah!

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

"Maintenance", ha.. I also like how they say they will compensate players for the lost time "out of good will".. good will? It's something any company which respects it's customers would do.

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44

Yeah no shit, they're depriving paying customer of the server's access, they don't have much of a choice to reimburse the playing-time lost.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Well if you are keeping up with the chatter in IRCand the forums the downtime was most likely caused by some known dupes.  there was a dupe with saddlebags and banks, a task system dupe and a minor dupe changing arrows to bandages.  Not only has Dawn messed up most of the systems in the game it has brought more dupes and old bugs. 

Wow.. down " for yet another day" as per the message.

Is this the final nail in the coffin?  Coming so soon after the big expansion?   Only time will tell, but each hour that passes with the server being down makes the situation more dire...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Wow.. down " for yet another day" as per the message.

Is this the final nail in the coffin?  Coming so soon after the big expansion?   Only time will tell, but each hour that passes with the server being down makes the situation more dire...

Lol Nice...

So are we now the "test server" ?

I win!!! LOL@U

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Moreplex

Well if you are keeping up with the chatter in IRCand the forums the downtime was most likely caused by some known dupes.  there was a dupe with saddlebags and banks, a task system dupe and a minor dupe changing arrows to bandages.  Not only has Dawn messed up most of the systems in the game it has brought more dupes and old bugs. 

SV has seen unable or unwilling to fully address dupes since its inception. IF they are ever fixed, they need to wipe the server.

I win!!! LOL@U

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

I'm amazed that people still stick to the line "Unexpected problems do occur on releases"

Not like this they don't. Jeez, this is ridiculous.

According to GM Discord on IRC: We are building a patch now, hopefully we can get it back up today

Patch kind of makes it sound like it was a software failure, but who knows.  I suppose even if they changes some hardware there might be a small patch involved.  Either way they better get ther server up ASAP.  EvE Incarna is due to launch today which will likely draw some folks to check out that expansion.

According to GM Discord on IRC: We are building a patch now, hopefully we can get it back up today

Patch kind of makes it sound like it was a software failure, but who knows.  I suppose even if they changes some hardware there might be a small patch involved.  Either way they better get ther server up ASAP.  EvE Incarna is due to launch today which will likely draw some folks to check out that expansion.

I will be playing the EVE expansion today!!!!  Hopefully they do not take the game down for 3 days a week after they release it or disable whole systems in the game to deal with problems.

What ever happened to the promise from this post:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1093313-post22.html

This is what we are doing now, making sure things works on the live server as well, as it requires a move from test server to live server. We wont rely on "it should" work because it worked on test server so lets move it and go live.

What ever happened to the promise from this post:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1093313-post22.html

This is what we are doing now, making sure things works on the live server as well, as it requires a move from test server to live server. We wont rely on "it should" work because it worked on test server so lets move it and go live.

I think the average person who plays MO has memory loss.  With everything Henrik has said and then either been proved wrong on or proved a lie I do not understand why there still is a couple hundred people playing.

• VyrolakosVyrolakos Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by Moreplex

I think the average person who plays <insert any MMORPG here> has memory loss.  With everything  <insert dev name here>  has said and then either been proved wrong on or proved a lie I do not understand why there still is a couple hundred people playing.

I think "we" (the people still playing or wanting to give it a go), are just trying to remain optimistic in the face of not much else out there on the market being 'better'.

Personally, I hope this game is good, I've done a whole lot of waiting since starting my trial account. image

Currently playing: Vanguard: SOH

Server should be back up shortly:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63267-server-maintenance-concluded.html

Have to wait for the patch log to see what they think they fixed.

UPDATE:   The "fix" did not work and had to be scrapped.  Server down again until at least tomorrow....

Unread Today, 23:17

Community Manager

default Server Maintenance Update 21/6

Hello Everyone,

Today we had a special build that was supposed to introduce several fixes to the fatigue system, fix a critical exploit, and possibly help out with some client crashes. However due to unforeseen circumstances we were required to scrap the current build, and as such the server will have to stay down for the time being.

Expect more details and information to come out tomorrow. We apologize for the server down-time.

Share MO with others

Opal Mini Tracker

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Lol Nice...

So are we now the "test server" ?

You always have been, surprise!!!!