Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aspereta!

2»

Comments

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

Hey you are Liveinabox and a sock, you are back again? Don't they ban IP Addresses and not just the account?

• FaeryShiversFaeryShivers Member Posts: 46
    If you are on Dial-up that wouldn't matter, your IP changes everytime.

• antigroonantigroon Member Posts: 17

Oh man, this game is getting totally BURNED!!! image

But its kinda okay really...

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

Originally posted by Finwe
    Wow, a dev getting in a flame war on a message board....thats new.

hehe, only at mmorpg.com :::^D::

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

"If you are on Dial-up that wouldn't matter, your IP changes everytime."

Ya it does matter, you ip has a base IP, which never changes, and can be banned, they usually only ban the later digits which dont change on cable etc.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252
    That's what I thought.

"Ya it does matter, you ip has a base IP, which never changes, and can be banned, they usually only ban the later digits which dont change on cable etc."

That depends on whether you have a static or dynamic IP address. Most Dial up services do NOT offer a static ip address. This is why most places Ban accounts rather than IP address because there are still people who have a dial-up Dynamic IP addresses. Thats probably why he could just go on another account. Dynamic CAN duplicate the same address though I forgot to add..it depends on your settings though.

• MootMoot Member Posts: 1

Why is the game so frickin slow? My Comp stats aren't spectacular, I'll admit that

(PIII, 650MHZ), but I should be able to run a 2D MMORPG at a tolerable speed right? I mean, I can run baram & gunbound pretty well, and baram is a 9 year-old game

• phantiumphantium Member UncommonPosts: 214
    OMFG gimme a break! Runescape looks even better.

Twitter @Phantium

It uses more layers than most 2d mmorpgs. Baram has like 5 layers Aspereta has like 10-12We are recoding the client to speed it up for Gold.

To the other guy:

"omfg runescape looks better"

Why because its 2d? hmmm? I made 90% of those graphics myself. Try making some before you talk about other peoples. I've made about 15000+ graphics all by myself. To be honest I hate the mapping job but it has nothing to do with me just the people who makes the maps not doing their job. I just make the tiles its up to the mapper where to put them.

Also I'm really sick of people saying that this or that game is badly designed just because its 2D. OH NO ALL 2D GAMES SHOULD DIE!!! Guess what? We aren't trying to make a billion dollars off of the Aspereta Engine . We aren't sony  and we don't want to take everyones money. We are just making a game for people that love 2D.  We are relaunching the game for beta in a week and I think all of the team has done a great job. If you only judge games on graphics alone you are sure to get bored of games and life. Sorry but Ive seen 3D games that beat the pants off of EQ but they had NO content whatsoever and got boring faster than vaseline on toast.

I hate tofu does that mean it should be taken off the market?

No, because there are people that like it and buy it. People need to stop making crap comments about 2d games and how their developers should be killed because "no one likes 2d anymore"  I alone know atleast 1000 people that proves that statement wrong.

P.S. THE GAME WAS IN ALPHA. How many games do you know that have released in alpha and looked much better than this that WEREN'T 2d?

• CysiosCysios Member Posts: 3

How many of you literally took an hour or two and got past level 5, this game is by far the best I have probably ever played, and I've played DAoC, Planetside, LIneageII. Do you know why?

Probably not, but Faery and a bunch of the other staff actually go on, and take time to talk to everyone, they listen to our suggestions, ask for our ideas, hold events that they stand by and watch. How many game you've played can be said that about?

-Cysios

-Cysios

• KuzzleKuzzle Member Posts: 1,058

I liked the game and have only two comments to make about it that are criticism:

1:) The helmets need work.

2:) Everything is REALLY hard, 'course I'm still low level(I signed up about a month ago, maybe? and I didn't have a whole lot of time playing it.) but those cows are REALLY strong and such...

Oh yeah, 3:) You get jumped around a bit which makes fighting rather hard.

Other then that it's pretty good. I like 2d games, they're cool. Maybe some more kinds of odd stuff should be added, but maybe that's just me, I like looking wierd and unique(Something players are yet to be able to do.). I guess I had more then two comments... Anyway, it's a pretty nice game.

Good Job. Good luck with everything, hope it pans out for ya.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Don't forget that games in development... are just that! WYSIWYG does not apply to them. Believe me when I tell you almost every single MMORPG in its early stages does not look like what it is at their later stages.

You can't point at a building under construction and go, "Yeck! There is no way I want to live in there!" until it is actually finished.

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -
    [email protected]

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

The funny thing is.......

Not one of these ppl who are complaining about graphix could even match them. Much less, do anything in 3D in any program other than DoGA or Bryce.

So, untill you can show us some organics you did in Maya, 3DS Max, Lightwave, or any other 3D Modeling

Application... Just STFU!!!!!!!

This message was brought to you by reality. (idiot)

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • AluadanAluadan Member Posts: 118

Your little rant just doesn't hold up in reality. If you don't like a car, are you suddently expected to be an automotive expert in the area of car design and building, no. Just because someone complains about a product doesn't mean they need to be able to do it themselves. The devs are paid and, I would assume, expected to create a game with decent graphics and if someone wants to complain about the job they've done that's thier freedom to do so.

Just remember this, game players don't have to know anything about Maya, 3DS Max, Lightwave, or any other 3D Modeling because they stick to playing games and more importantly buying them. Of course no one is going to buy the game if it's bad which I think quite a few people were just pointing out.

Ummm.... who said the devs were paid?

How is the game bad because of 2D graphix? There is nothing wrong w/ 2D graphix. A game in 2D could be better than any other game in 3D. Why not? It's a game, it's not about graphix it's about mechanics.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • AluadanAluadan Member Posts: 118

Ummm.... who said the devs were paid?
    Well that was a pretty simple assumption on my part. I'd expect that they are getting paid in some fashion either now or at some point in the future for thier work. If they won't be recieving any pay they would still benefit from the work experience and chance to add it to thier resume.

How is the game bad because of 2D graphix? There is nothing wrong w/ 2D graphix. A game in 2D could be better than any other game in 3D. Why not? It's a game, it's not about graphix it's about mechanics.
    I never said anything either way on that issue, just that other people had complained about it.

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    Why do people dig up 10 month old dead threads ?

A fronte precipitium a tergo lupi

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

Yeah Kuzzle the helms jump around and need some work to fit the hair better we had to change it so that when you equip a helm your hair switches to one that fits the helms better. We don't know if its on my side of because of the programming. I redid all the graphics for beta so HOPEFULLY it will be fixed. If it isn't then it may be a programming mistake.

and PAID? Me? Hahahaha ...yeah ok. I do make money off of games but not this one. I pay the price for owning half of the game IE I work my ass off on it for no money.

And you may not have been saying it is bad because of 2D graphics Al but that is what the majority of people here act like. "This game would have been good on atari har har har" thats what the majority of comments are like about the game. I think the graphics look fine for a 2D game. Some stuff needs work of course but it takes longer when you only have one artist who is not paid and has to get other means to survive. In fact I think Aspereta looks a lot better than most 2D indy games out there. For one I didn't rip off RPGMAKER SPRITES, I took the time to design my own characters.

I don't think people should HAVE to know all about games to comment on them. But if people can't give a critique other than what basically amounts to "its not 3D so it sucks" then people really shouldnt bother. If you don't like it because its 2D then you're probably not the game developers target audience and yes I do think before someone pees all over someone elses work they SHOULD give it a try themselves. Its that old saying that everyone uses" Walk a mile in my shoes"

This is one of the beta graphics :

http://www.gazler.com/users/Faeryshivers/warrior.gif

A lot of people happen to like it and its the people that like 2D that matter. I don't care about trying to rake in people from the 3D market by making stunning graphical games with no content or gameplay.

I for one am proud of what the team has done and 2D is a good way to start out actually with games to earn some income to make 3D games. Maya last i checked costed like 7000-10000 dollars and 3D max costs 3000-5000 dollars for a SINGLE USER LISCENCE. So unless you are making games illegally or are already part of a software company (FORESHADOWING oooooo spooky)you probably don't have the cash laying around as I don't to make the next everquest. You have to start small and work your way up if you indeed want to step up to 3D LEGALLY. You have to have something to look at for investors to want to give you money.

Everyone wish us luck in beta ..and if you think we should die well karma will come around to kick you in the arse eventually ..Cheers!

Originally posted by Gnarled
    Why do people dig up 10 month old dead threads ?

A fronte precipitium a tergo lupi

HAHA! I didn't even realize that. I hate that too.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me

Me three. Someone else showed me that someone brought it back up. I was like "ugh" I didn't even make this thread in the first place =p