Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a browser based NOT-strategy game (dont laugh please)

quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

I know how most people feel about browser based MMOs, I used to laugh at them too. But I work from home and have two daughters under the age of 4 so I rarely get time to level my "real mmo" characters much less raid and get to the endgame.

Anyways, staying on subject. I have tried looking at lists of browser mmos and it seems like most of them are "strategy". 

What I want (listing only things it HAS to be, if its not listed I dont care either way)

Browser OR something I can go AFK off and on at anytime and not die (download would be fine)

I would prefer RPG / MMORPG gameplay, I do not want a strategy game.

Would prefer the ability to chat / and participate with other players in some way.

So, if you play or know of a good game that comes to mind please let me know.

(I would love a game similar to Renaissance Kingdoms)

And if the game supports a refferer let me know your name so you get credit or whatever..

Thanks in advance from a MMO-Addict turned hard worker / father that still needs his daily MMORPG fix.

Comments

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Runescape?

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

I have a really old impressive runescape account. Would be perfect but I am burnt out bad on runescape lol. I think it gave me carpel tunnel 

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Well here is a link to a list of broswer mmorpgs

http://mmohuts.com/browser-games

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Mystical land is played in a browser.  From what I've seen mobs are non-aggro until hit so AFK shouldn't be an issue.  I don't know much about it other than having played it a couple times.  It might do for an MMO fix without having to invest much time.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/592

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

SPIRAL KNIGHTS!!!! Seriously spiral knights! what else...Oh yeah theres some random facebook shooter mmo if you wanna try it...I forgot the name but theres a MMOHUT vid about it~

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Thanatos9255Thanatos9255 Member Posts: 13

Check out Kongregate.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Wow thanks for the responses. I had completely forgotten about MMOHUTs lists.. been checking out some different ones. Havent signed up and started but Ill check out spiral knights..

Appreciate everyones time in answering my post.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Castillle

SPIRAL KNIGHTS!!!! Seriously spiral knights! what else...Oh yeah theres some random facebook shooter mmo if you wanna try it...I forgot the name but theres a MMOHUT vid about it~

Ohh!  I really do love Spiral Knights.  I was totally going to recommend it, but it's 4 player (Except in lobbies), so I wasn't sure it really counted as 'MMO'. <.<

Still fun though.  Still a browser game.

What's your name in the game?  I'm Meowhead there too. :D  Feel free to team up and kill things with me or something.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by Meowhead

Originally posted by Castillle

Ohh!  I really do love Spiral Knights.  I was totally going to recommend it, but it's 4 player (Except in lobbies), so I wasn't sure it really counted as 'MMO'. <.<

Still fun though.  Still a browser game.

What's your name in the game?  I'm Meowhead there too. :D  Feel free to team up and kill things with me or something.

I seriously would but Im on my development spree cycle to get rid of my stress >.<  I have a calc test on thursday and my procrastination list was Cleaning, doing the laundry, exercising, programming, researching, anddd looking for more stuff to study!

Its a great way to procrastinate! @_@ and also my spiral knights char is like...idk...1 mission old?  I had to quit cuz some d00d randomly went afk and we couldnt get a door opened because of him! evil freak! >.<

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

Dragon Nest?

Casual dungeon crawler, perfectly soloable, no time-limit to dungeons (AFAIK), extremely easy to find groups, you can go afk at any time (unless you're in a party and not a douche), only penalty for death is that you have to restart the dungeon.

Same goes for Vindictus, but dungeons have a 1-hour limit. I'm not sure how long you plan on afking.