Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a relaxing MMO

yokam888yokam888 Member Posts: 87

im looking for something relaxing... like i just login... go fishing or tend to plants and animals... something like harvest moon but an MMO... anything like this out right now?

tia.

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
( ^.^) The Bunneh
(")-(") Back In The Box?

Comments

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

go to facebook.com, register, play farmville.

good luck.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• yokam888yokam888 Member Posts: 87

farmville and other facebook games cant really be called an MMO... but thx for suggesting

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• lucianbonnlucianbonn Member Posts: 48

Mabinogi, sort of...

Haven and Hearth, become a farmer or woodcutter, or something. Offer your services to a guild with a town. Tons of people are looking for looking for others who will do the farming or cooking or town upkeep. 

Originally posted by lucianbonn

Mabinogi, sort of...

Haven and Hearth, become a farmer or woodcutter, or something. Offer your services to a guild with a town. Tons of people are looking for looking for others who will do the farming or cooking or town upkeep. 

i love mabinogi but i cant play it now because im not from europe or north america... and i cant understand japanese or chinese too.

i tried haven and hearth but the graphics is not very immersive.

thx for the suggestions

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

COUGH* Runescape

runescape is nice too but the graphics (just like H&H) is not very immersive.

thx for the suggestion

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• GosseynGosseyn Member Posts: 26

Try Darkfall, very relaxing, you can even build your own fishing boat :)

Originally posted by Gosseyn

No safe zones. Full loot. PvP everywhere with accountability.  <-- does'nt sound very relaxing to me :)

thx for the suggestion.

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by yokam888

No safe zones. Full loot. PvP everywhere with accountability.  <-- does'nt sound very relaxing to me :)

thx for the suggestion.

LOLOLOLOL.

Well...If you want, theres EVE.  Instead of fishing, you can go out shooting rocks (mining)

You can just hang around jita bumping into other ships, heck if you want you can just be a frigate and spend 4 entire days flying to a stargate instead of warping! :O

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Originally posted by Castillle

thx for the suggestion.

LOLOLOLOL.

Well...If you want, theres EVE.  Instead of fishing, you can go out shooting rocks (mining)

You can just hang around jita bumping into other ships, heck if you want you can just be a frigate and spend 4 entire days flying to a stargate instead of warping! :O

hmm nice one but im not really into sci-fi that much... fantasy and/or real life is more my thing.

thx for the suggestion :)

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• cure01cure01 Member UncommonPosts: 291

If you like fantasy.. There is Wizard 101. Its 1 gb or so in size. There is gardening and crafting. Its F2P up to lvl 14. Both adults and kids like it .. Just a suggestion..

• ChackzChackz Member Posts: 76

FFXIV

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Hmm..well if you want fantasy with those things then hmm....Id have to say ff14 if you have a gamepad or can handle the awkward controls! Aside from that, its pretty hard tofind a mmo where you can just relax aside from...ohh!! what about free realms? Its supposedly super casual but there are a lot of stuff you can do!

If all else fails, theres the harvest moon and animal crossing games @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

I would have to say Lord of the Rings Online. It has a very relaxed and mature community as a whole, because of this there seems to be no competative attitudes amongst the majority of players meaning many of them play the game at their own steady pace.

The game has a good soundtrack and for a 2007 game, impressive visuals and scenery.

As far as features go it has a lot of 'fluff' like cosmetic clothes (and a large selection too!), player housing which can be fully furnished to your tastes, kin houses which brings a further sense of fellowship and community amongst players, it also features a music system which allows you to play music for yours and other players pleasure using various instruments from the lute to the bagpipes.

Then it has its standard MMO features such as various classes with standard roles, instances, raids, quests and some quests feature interesting narrative and cutscenes after completion. Crafting is also similar to standard mmo's.

It is the most relaxing and slow paced mmo that i have played to date, it is also the only mmo besides WoW that has kept me interested enough past the first 30 free days to actually pay for the game, for several months.

thx for the suggestions ^_^

as for wizard101 - ive tried it but somehow didnt really like it that much

as for final fantasy - havent tried the game but played the playstation games so maybe i was burned out already with them

as for lotro - its one of the games i play atm, and i always fish in the shire to relax... so unless turbine implements golf already, ill go look for something else XD

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

farmville and other facebook games cant really be called an MMO... but thx for suggesting

But didn't you say those activities were relaxing?  So why does it matter if it's not what you call and mmo?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by waynejr2

But didn't you say those activities were relaxing?  So why does it matter if it's not what you call and mmo?

cause i also like to chat with some random stranger (sometimes) ^_^ call me weird LOL

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• taramirtaramir Member UncommonPosts: 74

Try Istaria.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Lotro, definitely. You can farm, or fish as well as many other trades.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

Have you tried "A Tale in the Desert V" ? It's an indie MMO set in ancient egypt that's been going for five years now. There's also "Second Life" but it's a lot more varied than your description.

• haritosharitos Member Posts: 7

You said you dont like sci fi, but from what I'm reading i think you ll love Eve, nothing better than setting up your own business and logging in to check on how you re doing.

• Dru72Dru72 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 57

Try Runes of Magic, That has a lot of crafting/gathering options. You have the option of owning your own house and can furnish it. I think there is also an NPC in the game that gives you quests to grow plants in your residence also :)

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by pierth

Lotro, definitely. You can farm, or fish as well as many other trades.

I have to agree here, I log into LoTRO because I feel it is a relaxing MMO and I have zero urge to level up as fast as possible. Instead I take my time and any progress towards slowly work my way to the end, is not even an after thought it. Hell to date I have yet reached maxed level on my Warden who I have been playing since Mine of Moria (re-rolled my old main) and it's not because it's hard because it's not, I just don't care about leveling and would rather fish, harvest, craft, read lore and role-play (when I feel like it). Leveling only comes into play when I want to move on and gather higher tier crafting materials and to be honest I am normally well into the level range needed by the time I want to move on.

I am thankful for LoTRO as it's a nice brake from the other less relaxing MMOs I play.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

im looking for something relaxing... like i just login... go fishing or tend to plants and animals... something like harvest moon but an MMO... anything like this out right now?

tia.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fallen Earth. There is a lot to do without having to quest. And the atmosphere of the game makes you want to just look at the horizon (like LOTRO).

• Rashen3695Rashen3695 Member UncommonPosts: 22

I have heard that http://www.xsyon.com/ is a pretty good game if its still running maybe you should try it ?