Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need $$$

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
So i need to pay off my family debts in 2 years and possibly get my mom a house so thay they LAY THE $&@! OFF ME!

Now whats the best way to go about this? I was thinkig i could learn to make iphone apps and hope that generates me some income but Im just on a student visa and thay may cause problems for me o.o im also on a full scholarship so i am not allowed to work unless i want to lose the scholarship.

does anyone know what i should do and where to get info on apples terms n stuff? Ill do more research tomorrow but i am seriously pissed at my family atm -.- like... SERIOUSLY

my plan was to create a game engine for iphone and mass produce games as fast as i can with outsourced graphics and sound while using a bank account from a different country and everything being handled there. I have a business license in another country so it should be fairly safw to use that without my scholarship being revoked and my student visa being ok

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

I am not sure you can. The only options I come up with are not practical, ethical, or good for you. However, you should not be forced to pay off the family debts and buy your mom a house either. You’re not their cash machine but rather a human being with your own life to live. They are adults, responsible for their own debts, and housing, with no business holding any of it over your head. Get your education first and foremost.

Consider applying for US citizenship, and take advantage of the job opportunities waiting for you here if things are bad in your homeland.

As a game forum, this may not be the best place to ask for solid real world advice.

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

Originally posted by blazin-ace

I am not sure you can. The only options I come up with are not practical, ethical, or good for you. However, you should not be forced to pay off the family debts and buy your mom a house either. You’re not their cash machine but rather a human being with your own life to live. They are adults, responsible for their own debts, and housing, with no business holding any of it over your head. Get your education first and foremost.

Consider applying for US citizenship, and take advantage of the job opportunities waiting for you here if things are bad in your homeland.

As a game forum, this may not be the best place to ask for solid real world advice.

THIS!

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

There's always prostitution. image

Obviously joking.  Please don't do that.  If I know how to make money easily, I'd be rich.  I am not.

• C-B-MC-B-M Member Posts: 2,659

As a serious post, you're messing up your life.  Just because you're seriously pissed at your family, doesn't mean that the solution is to find some way to buy them a house so they'll move away.  That's called "fantasy land" and is almost as bad as the people who run away from home to do the same.  You leave them when you have the ability to, which is not going to come artificially.  Doing otherwise is just going to wreck your life.  What kind of a house are you going to buy her as a student?  A shack in a drug neighborhood?  This is insane.  We've all been there where we've had serious problems with our family, myself included.  I bet you if we got into a pissing contest about families I could beat anyone out here (that's just a vague statement because it's personal and I'm not planning on airing dirty laundry on an Internet forum, but it's a fact -- trust me).  You ride it out.  When you get a job that can support you, you move out.  If you feel obligated, you send money home periodically.  It's that simple.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by C-B-M

As a serious post, you're messing up your life.  Just because you're seriously pissed at your family, doesn't mean that the solution is to find some way to buy them a house so they'll move away.  That's called "fantasy land" and is almost as bad as the people who run away from home to do the same.  You leave them when you have the ability to, which is not going to come artificially.  Doing otherwise is just going to wreck your life.  What kind of a house are you going to buy her as a student?  A shack in a drug neighborhood?  This is insane.  We've all been there where we've had serious problems with our family, myself included.  I bet you if we got into a pissing contest about families I could beat anyone out here (that's just a vague statement because it's personal and I'm not planning on airing dirty laundry on an Internet forum, but it's a fact -- trust me).  You ride it out.  When you get a job that can support you, you move out.  If you feel obligated, you send money home periodically.  It's that simple.

I can move out.  But if I move out, they move WITH ME.  See the problem there?  In 2 years if I dont have the money to satisfy them, Ill be forced to live out with them and supporting them as if I were their cash cow or w/e -.- If I cant prove to them that I can get the amount of money they need then Ill be sent off to work somehwere I absolutely DONT want to -.-

-.-  So if I iwant freedom, I need to get a ton of money before I finish my masters in 2 years -.- if I can pay them off, then Im basically going to be free to do what  I want -.- well...so long as I have enough money in the bank to satisfy THEM -.-

On a happier note, Im doing more research into iphone development and Ill be able to go pay apple to be a developer as long as soon as I get enough info to guarantee that I dont lose my student status and not lose the scholarship (^_^)/

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Originally posted by Castillle

I can move out.  But if I move out, they move WITH ME.  See the problem there?

Actually, I don't.  I don't know why you have to "make enough money to satisfy them."  There's no law that says you have to take them and you're not a peasant trying to make enough to appease the king.  If you have enough money to move out and want to, then just move out.

• fehorufehoru Member Posts: 11

So i need to pay off my family debts in 2 years and possibly get my mom a house so thay they LAY THE $&@! OFF ME!

Now whats the best way to go about this? I was thinkig i could learn to make iphone apps and hope that generates me some income but Im just on a student visa and thay may cause problems for me o.o im also on a full scholarship so i am not allowed to work unless i want to lose the scholarship.

does anyone know what i should do and where to get info on apples terms n stuff? Ill do more research tomorrow but i am seriously pissed at my family atm -.- like... SERIOUSLY

my plan was to create a game engine for iphone and mass produce games as fast as i can with outsourced graphics and sound while using a bank account from a different country and everything being handled there. I have a business license in another country so it should be fairly safw to use that without my scholarship being revoked and my student visa being ok

Scrap metals can be collected and sold to scrap yards, cans etc... it won't make you rich or anything, but it won't interfere with food stamps/etc usually.

as far as the game development idea goes...

1.) using a bank account from a differant country and a business license from another country... do you really want to loose your scholarship, and discover the legal consequences of tax evasion? doesn't seem worthwhile

2.)if you are going to make enough money to make the venture worthwhile it is going to take a lot of time, I don't think you could continue your studies and put in all of the hours needed to make decent (even if uninspired) games... unless you are planning on scamming people

I reccommend that if you desire game development as a means of getting money that you work on development now,  Work on your Ideas, try to think just what 'perfect' will be, make up stories for the games, work on the media (sounds, graphics, maps... but make it 'portable' re-usable media), you can even work on the coding, if you have the skills... but if you are going to work on the coding try to make the code 'portable' so that you can change platforms if you so desire, or so that when you have the capacity to report the income, without legal reprecussions, you can release versions of it for multiple platforms (computer, iphone, Nintendo 3ds, etc.)

Originally posted by fehoru

Scrap metals can be collected and sold to scrap yards, cans etc... it won't make you rich or anything, but it won't interfere with food stamps/etc usually.

as far as the game development idea goes...

1.) using a bank account from a differant country and a business license from another country... do you really want to loose your scholarship, and discover the legal consequences of tax evasion? doesn't seem worthwhile

2.)if you are going to make enough money to make the venture worthwhile it is going to take a lot of time, I don't think you could continue your studies and put in all of the hours needed to make decent (even if uninspired) games... unless you are planning on scamming people

I reccommend that if you desire game development as a means of getting money that you work on development now,  Work on your Ideas, try to think just what 'perfect' will be, make up stories for the games, work on the media (sounds, graphics, maps... but make it 'portable' re-usable media), you can even work on the coding, if you have the skills... but if you are going to work on the coding try to make the code 'portable' so that you can change platforms if you so desire, or so that when you have the capacity to report the income, without legal reprecussions, you can release versions of it for multiple platforms (computer, iphone, Nintendo 3ds, etc.)

How would it be tax evasion if I were reporting my business' income in that other country? o.o basically all legal handlings of it along with the actual stuff will be done through that business o.o Th only thing will be that Ill be developing it while im here hmm... I dont really see as much of a difference with me developing it here or renting out the license to someone there while they use my license to develop somefing  but ill look into it more o.o My business in the other country WILL be reporting its income o.o I put the license on hold because I shut down the business when I left which was funny enough buying and selling of scrap metal o.o

Ill hae to look into more of this tax evasion thing x.x Id ask about my scholarship but my advisor from there is busy or something and not replying to my emails -.-

Edit :Also, If anything Im going to be double taxed.  First from profit taxes in other country then another set of taxes when I actually get the money sent to me here or omefing  >.<

Edit 2:

Oh! If I didnt make it clear the funds are going to my business' bank account and not my personal one o.o

( o.o)
    (")(")

Just so you know, he's right.  And, yes, you do get double-taxed.  Welcome to liberalism.  A lot of people used to hide taxable income in other countries with lower or no taxes.  The U.S. government now has a policy that if you are caught not reporting taxable income that you have in other countries, you will owe the back taxes plus penalties.

• fehorufehoru Member Posts: 11

im also on a full scholarship so i am not allowed to work unless i want to lose the scholarship.

How would it be tax evasion if I were reporting my business' income in that other country? o.o basically all legal handlings of it along with the actual stuff will be done through that business o.o

o.o My business in the other country WILL be reporting its income

Edit :Also, If anything Im going to be double taxed.  First from profit taxes in other country then another set of taxes when I actually get the money sent to me here or omefing  >.<

Edit 2:

Oh! If I didnt make it clear the funds are going to my business' bank account and not my personal one o.o

I thought the essential point was to doing it in another country was to pretend you were not working so that you could keep your scholarship?

If you report that you are earning an income... You still loose your scholarship.

If you create a business/corperation, have a bank account in the name of the business/corperation,  That's well and great and all, I think a corperation is legally defined as an entity of it's own, but if that is the way you intend to do it, you'll actually be triple taxed, taxed once for the corp, and then when you transfer it to yourself, once for you, once for transferring it into this country, and You still loose the scholarship

Rats >_< how about if i ask for donations online n stuff? Idk how long its been but i cant sleep cuz my family talks money 24/7 -.- my aunt n uncle n granny was like " when ur taking phd you should move to maryland so that you can rent a huge house with the amount thatyoure renting in new york n well stay with u so u can pay for eerything!" T_T so annoyinggg!! Waaahhh T_T n like i have a calc test tomorrow n i havent studied cuz of all the annoying comments they make ALLL DAY T_T

( o.o)
    (")(")