Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth it to play PSN again?

JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
Hey guys, so after the recent hacks I'm pretty skeptical to play on the PSN again. Just wondering what you all think about this.

Will you play on the PSN again or no?
Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV

Comments

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Anyone please? :)
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254

I would.

I wouldnt use any CC on their service though. Id use a green dot card or something of that type. You can add the funds you want on it, and not worry about being to financially impacted if it gets compromised.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Tidel

Hey guys, so after the recent hacks I'm pretty skeptical to play on the PSN again. Just wondering what you all think about this. Will you play on the PSN again or no?

i belive cc info was encrypted anyways

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Raxeon

Hey guys, so after the recent hacks I'm pretty skeptical to play on the PSN again. Just wondering what you all think about this. Will you play on the PSN again or no?

I wouldn't count on that.  If they encrypt one thing they are going to encrypt it all.  The fact that tons of information was not encryped in SOE, PSN, and sony pictures accounts leads me to believe that the CC info was probably unencryped as well.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by marinrider

I wouldn't count on that.  If they encrypt one thing they are going to encrypt it all.  The fact that tons of information was not encryped in SOE, PSN, and sony pictures accounts leads me to believe that the CC info was probably unencryped as well.

well from what i read cc info was encrypted i havent heard of anyone having money stolen from them yet so i think people just need to get ew cards and not worry about it so much shit happens if a hacker wants in there getting in : ) i didn thave my new cc info on there XD so i dont have to worry about it

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

well from what i read cc info was encrypted i havent heard of anyone having money stolen from them yet so i think people just need to get ew cards and not worry about it so much shit happens if a hacker wants in there getting in : ) i didn thave my new cc info on there XD so i dont have to worry about it

I'm pretty damn sure that personal information like CC data was in fact obtained. Not only from SoE but from one of the companies that secures the CC/account information for the banks which was a huge scandal once brought to light. The hackers may not have actually released the data despite having it though. I can tell you that after this I will never purchase a PS3, and I was considering buying one.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Not necessarily. It's common practice for only general info to be unencrypted, but to have things like credit card numbers (all but the last 4 numbers) and passwords encrypted so that even the support representatives can't see them.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

Yes, but won't be using a my credit/debit card on their service.

I'll just buy a PSN card at a local store, if I want anything.