Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just to be clear - current state population wise...

I've been playing my 45 days and I've been impressed by the populartion lately.  It's got something to do withthe 45 days of course, but mostly to do with letting people transfer off of starsider.  Right now Starsider, Chilly and Flurry (and Farstar) seem to be very healthy servers.  The rest are pretty dead for the most part, but if you get on any of the previously mentioned servers the game is actually pretty fun right now.

I'm on two servers...  On shadowfire, at 11 pm EST, I did a /who and only 29 matching players showed up... granted a lot of players can be hidden from that, but it still goes to show that only 29 who aren't were online.  I've spent much of my time wandering around on that server only running into my own guild mates.  It seems like we're the only players most of the time, which is kind of sad and funny.

The other server is Flurry, which is just thriving like no other.  I've seen what starsider is like, and while not THAT busy, it's very healthy.  Lots and lots and LOTS of people in the cantinas.  Duels breaking out everywhere.  It feels like the old days.

I've been getting back into it, and appreciating the game a lot.  It really is a shame that the worst thing about SWG is really the business decisions SOE made.  Because otherwise I think to this day it would have a much better population.

Comments

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

huh

• bleed0rangebleed0range Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by Matticus75

huh

Just wanted to point out to anyone wondering about the population of the game or who thinks that the servers are all dead, that it's really half n half.  There are dead servers but the other half are really thriving right now.

• ichimarunicoichimarunico Member Posts: 210

You said it yourself. There's a 45 free day thing going. With no MMORPG options that don't suck,  why not visit one that's free and you might see some old friends?

From what I'm told by some old buddies that came back, there are three populated servers right now and all the others are still totally dead. SOE should just close the rest really.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Originally posted by ichimarunico

You said it yourself. There's a 45 free day thing going. With no MMORPG options that don't suck,  why not visit one that's free and you might see some old friends?

From what I'm told by some old buddies that came back, there are three populated servers right now and all the others are still totally dead. SOE should just close the rest really.

There is little doubt the population boom being enjoyed are due to the free 45 day of game time and the free transfers. One also must realize that current players with normally inactive alt accounts have activated them and are proabably transferring those characters, if it hasn't been already done. I know if I had bothered to return to the game I would have activated all six of the family accounts and trasnferred earlier on. Sadly, it is hard to tell how many players/accounts willactually be retained once this free time ends. As it is, the most populated servers have been closed to incoming transfers, which has frustrated many players.

It will be interesting  to seehow the SWG server populations settle come July.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Starsider and Farstar was packed even before the 45 free days. 

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Starsider and Farstar was packed even before the 45 free days. 

Out of 13?

Two?

And the majority of the rest were so barren as to be unplayable.

There are still people playing game (dunno why, personally) but they are all on a very few servers. Or could be.

As Kazana said, as soon as the free time is over, the population will likely plummet again, and historically there isalso  a population bump during the summer, which will also be gone 90 days down the road.

• darthlopezdarthlopez Member Posts: 30

Sony should of done what they are doing now with their servers during the previous FTP.  Guess they are capable a learning from some of their mistakes.  It's going to be really interesting to see what some of these new medium pop servers (like Flurry, Chilly, and Farstar) look like after the extended free trial period comes to an end.

However, I do hope for the best for SWG.  I still love this game, and think it has some of the best and most unique features of any current MMOG.  

RIP Radiant

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

Originally posted by Kazara

Originally posted by ichimarunico

There is little doubt the population boom being enjoyed are due to the free 45 day of game time and the free transfers. One also must realize that current players with normally inactive alt accounts have activated them and are proabably transferring those characters, if it hasn't been already done. I know if I had bothered to return to the game I would have activated all six of the family accounts and trasnferred earlier on. Sadly, it is hard to tell how many players/accounts willactually be retained once this free time ends. As it is, the most populated servers have been closed to incoming transfers, which has frustrated many players.

It will be interesting  to seehow the SWG server populations settle come July.

ill just something to this:

whilst there are 2 or 3 "healthy" servers, it is equally important to take note of the ongoing trend: 26 - 13 - 8 - 5 - 3 - ...

• PingstealPingsteal Member UncommonPosts: 7

Bria's population is very sustainable as well.  I've seen more people around lately, not to mention more particpation at the city invasions.  So with the other servers locked for transfers, I think people are deciding to come to Bria.  

But as noted, lets see what happens after the 45 days are up.