Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE back up and still FAILING

bosmer24bosmer24 Member UncommonPosts: 116

I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated i am with SOE right now.On the 29th of april and the 1st of may i try in vain to get my password reset,hours later i get the e-mail,get the temporary  password that doesn't work.I was pissed.The the servers go down for almost 2 weeks.I try again to reset my password,and still,hours fucking later no password reset e-mail just cause i use yahoo.I don't know how i am going to get it reset then cause the yahoo account is the one i use for my SOE account.I don't want to have to wait 24 hours just to go through this whole SOE fail process again.

I was going to be a returning Sub,but after this it is apparent that SOE still is riding high on the fail whale.I hope they get hacked again,and the hackers make them squel like the bitches they are.Sorry i really wanted to return to EQ2,but after all of this can anyone blame me for not doing so.I am beyond the point frustration.

Comments

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

not sure why you are having a problem, i opened the launcher today and tried to log in it sent me stright to the soe login site to reset i  put in m log in name , old pass. new pass twice and hit enter then it said pass word reset, backed out and logged in  got a patch and playing now..

• Ravnos80Ravnos80 Member UncommonPosts: 47

ah, yes...hoping they get hacked again so more people's personal information can get stolen would really be wonderful wouldn't it? o.O

You could try contacting tech support, incase you missed it:  https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10404  I'm not exactly sure what your saying the problem is, something to do with your yahoo account? Maybe they can sort it out for you...they have live chat, phone and support tickets.

• carrie01carrie01 Member Posts: 77

well I am happy as hell right now because I just realized that I got a free month of Vanguard, and I wasnt subbed during the the time the service was down.

Favorites: Vanguard SOH, Final Fantasy XI, Dungeons and Dragons Online

Future:
    Final Fantasy XIV 2.0
    EverQuest NEXT
    Wizardry Online
    Vanguard F2P edition (fingers crossed)

http://vgrpgblog.blogspot.com/

• greenbow54greenbow54 Member UncommonPosts: 128

So, first, you tried to reset your password at a time when not one person in the world could actually do so? Seems logical.

Second, This has affected Millions of people. All of whom will be trying to reset their passwords at the same time now that the servers are back up for SOE. There might be a little bit of a backup, so chill out.

Third, hoping they get hacked again is purely childish and selfish. This has harmed a lot of people in ways outside of games. Also, seeing how you can't seem to reset your password, you yourself would be out of luck even longer.

• bosmer24bosmer24 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Sorry i just had to vent,and i tend to rant without thinking.I was pissed,but i went to live chat and my accout was banned due to fraud protection.Got the ban lifted however.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I am glad for this post popping up on the news front page. I have already gone in and changed my password n stuff. Looks like no illicit charges on my account so that's pretty cool.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

Yep when people get overly frustrated or upset common sense usually goes out the window.I forgot how much i love EQ2,created another accout so i could play the trial/extended version.Haven't played since  June of last year.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

in just glad both cards i had saved expired last year  at least i was able to reset pass word . i feel sorry for ones out  whos cards were used

I finally was able to play yesterday after  I complained and ranted.I log in and my high level character is completely naked without a single silver coin to his name.No weapons except for my eagle's Talon.No Armor either.I sent a petition and have yet to hear back from SOE.

it's  my own fault however.My password wasn't to hard to figure out.So excuse me while I ride off into the sunset on the fail whale.

• rodr6903rodr6903 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by MurlockDance

I am glad for this post popping up on the news front page. I have already gone in and changed my password n stuff. Looks like no illicit charges on my account so that's pretty cool.

Dont worry about YOUR Credit Card account as they never got the MC/Visa numbers. 

What you will need to check is your credit report as they stole enough data to actually APPLY for credit in your name.  These theifs wait to do this for years sometimes.  The real issue and Sony knows it is they lost the data that will allow the thief to apply for credit in your name, buy a bunch of stuff with it and leave YOU with the debt.  They have your real name, address, dob, secret questions, ect.. so beware check your credit report every 6 month and sign up for credit protection to twart any possibility of this happening to you.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Works fine for me bra. I have my swg accounts all up and my EQ2 going.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Last time i was crazy enough (or depserate enough) to try out a SOE game (in that case PotBS - which is a nice little game with excellent sea fights - no i dont pay SOE money anymore) as a foreigner the trouble is that SOE seems to have some similar sites to register and login and managing accunt information but a good part of them is simply broken and only give you error messages and dead links.
    Even if you try to set the language to english it doesnt change anything at first, you have to find the english origin page that is working.

Well, i managed to overcome it but its simnply SOE as we know it.
    If the head of a corporation refuses to learn, you only can behead...

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Originally posted by rodr6903

Dont worry about YOUR Credit Card account as they never got the MC/Visa numbers. 

What you will need to check is your credit report as they stole enough data to actually APPLY for credit in your name.  These theifs wait to do this for years sometimes.  The real issue and Sony knows it is they lost the data that will allow the thief to apply for credit in your name, buy a bunch of stuff with it and leave YOU with the debt.  They have your real name, address, dob, secret questions, ect.. so beware check your credit report every 6 month and sign up for credit protection to twart any possibility of this happening to you.

I have no credit history since I don't use credit cards... That should be interesting...

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.