Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to this game?

mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

The websites all changed up.

--------
"Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
Front: UNO Chemistry Club
Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I believe it went open source. But the game was really dying from months of neglect by the devs and I would say is now pretty much dead.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

So, does that mean its unplayable for now? I think I understand what open source means, but I'm not sure how that effects the game.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

:(  It was an excellent idea.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by mrcalhou

So, does that mean its unplayable for now? I think I understand what open source means, but I'm not sure how that effects the game.

Well imo the game failed because it tried to do too much. It both tried ground and space and that did not work out too well as you hade to do alot of micromanaging to manage your colonies on the ground.

Also there was no AI NPCs, at all. Which meant that either you found a player to fight with, which is not all that easy, or all you did was manage your colonies/research. This turned out to be boring.

Finally it did not handle combat well, it was way too awkard. Only a few could master it where as the rest thought it was garbage.

The idea was great but the execution, terrible.