Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some good shooter games. With Rpg elements

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Hi all, I am looking for some decent shooter games that have some slight rpg elements to them, Examples follow of ones I have played that meet this.

Deus Ex 1/2 (2 kinda sucked never got far in it)

Borderlands

Bulletstorm

Mass Effect 1/2

Can you suggest any more that I may like? It does not have to be a recent game. I don't mind playing older games if they are good. I'm not that big on graphics.. Most games now a days look pretty but thats about all they got since their gameplay tends to stink.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Stalker series maybe, mainly a shooter, but you do have to manage your health/inventory/hunger. Somewhat open world your free to explore though, which is a nice touch most FPS's don't offer.

• Native.ityNative.ity Member UncommonPosts: 5

hellgate

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Battle Field Bad company 2, The big maps and long games almost feel like an mmo open world. You also get unlocks and Level ups.

• ThegoodlolThegoodlol Member CommonPosts: 64

Global Agend, you can choose from 4 classes: Medic, Assault, Recon, Robotics (each one of them have different talent trees). You can quest until lvl 10 in Shonoran Desert (the first and only quest map), or you can do co-op missions (wich are very challenging but I got bored quick, since you repeat them a lot). As soon as you hit lvl 10 you can start doing PvP (called Mercenary, in the game), and I think at around lvl 30 you can start joining Raids (I can't comment on this part since I'm not 30 yet). There's also Guild wars (agency vs agency). There's equipment upgrades and those do influenciate a lot, wich you can buy with Credits/Tokens that you receive from quests/missions/pvp.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

You should give F.E.A.R a try, it's getting on a bit now but still looks good and is very atmospheric.

• UnprodigyUnprodigy Member UncommonPosts: 13

How has no one mentioned Bioshock?

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Perhaps little known Boiling Point: Road to Hell if you're feeling suic-errr, adventurous. Yeah, that's the word I'm looking for.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by Unprodigy

you just have ;) and its definetely worth a go +1 from me

edit, methos just read your sig, that is one awesome sig!! :)

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

System Shock 2. You can thank me when you are done playing it.

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Hellgate

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Boarderlands is a great game with rpg elements

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• Native.ityNative.ity Member UncommonPosts: 5

fallout

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

If you don't mind old and dated graphics, I second System Shock 2; definitely over Bioshock (imo).

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Battlefield PLay 4 Free is pretty awesome. 4 classes, skill trees. A good variety of weapons/gear . You can play for free as long as you want, and earn ingame money to buy new weapons, but the best stuff of course costs a lil real life cash lol

Its pretty much the only choice as far as free online shooters go check it out

battlefield.play4free.com

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Deadspace?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Alpha Protocol its mechanics are a little clunky at times but as a RPG it is exceptional.

• darthlopezdarthlopez Member Posts: 30

Avoid "Alpha Protocol"

I bought for $20.00 new and still felt cheated.  It seems like Obsidian was trying to make James Bond version of Mass Effect but totally failed.  The game completely lacks the polish of of Bioware's scifi rpg/shooter masterpiece.  Some of the things that really bothered me about this game are its terrible NPC AI, the hit detection (the way NPCs react to being shot), and laughable player and NPC animations (especially death).  Another problem I had with the game was that its pacing just felt really slow.  I was bored with the game after 30 mins, and I forced myself to put about 4 more  hours in before finally giving up.  

For some reason Obsidian games always tend to disappoint me.  I think the problem is they are always forced to release games before they are ready (KOTOR II anyone).

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

If you don't mind old and dated graphics, I second System Shock 2; definitely over Bioshock (imo).

The only problem with Bioshock2 is Games for Windows Live, which occasionally takes a dump making the game unplayable. Bioshock though, it awesome. It is a FPS and it has some RPG elements.

I was going to suggest the F.E.A.R. series, but I'm not sure about the RPG elements.

Fallout 3 is very much a FPSRPG game. I couldn't get into it because of all the RPG stuff...just seemed like too much for a single player game.

Alice: Madness Returns has some RPG elements (weapon upgrades and some character backstory development) but it's mostly a story driven Third Person Shooter.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a FPS, but you don't get to shoot. It is a First Person Horror game. It's different enough to be fun, but it's a very tension filled game.

** edit **
    There's also Stalker: Call of Pripyat - but like F.E.A.R. I'm not sure about the RPG elements.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.