Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It seems that WoW peeked at 11.4 million players and not growing?

2»

Comments

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

They are loosing people at the moment.  Far more are leaving than joining, I know a few very active players that have left in the last month.  Most just don't like where blizzard is taking the game now, it's just not as good as it used to be and people are feeling it.

A lot if it is probably down to Activision, they have ruined just about every game they have touched with their greed (minimal content for max prices).  And why do they think hordes of people are actually going to pay for premium battlenet? I doubt it's going to make as much as they predict it will.  Pay to use editors? No thanks I'll just download them from somewhere else.

The thing is though, once people start leaving it causes even more people to leave.  If my guild split up I'd most likely go as well.  They still have a LOT of players, but that can drain away very fast once the community becomes unstable.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

11.4 millions pretty good but I do feel that the losses in recent months are a portent of things to come . WoW as a game has been watered down so much its taken any real fun and challenge out of it untill you get to level 85 . The problem is you have to wade through all those levels of horribly easy content because you get to anything interesting and the only really interesting way of doing it is through the battlegrounds because they still offer a modicum of challenge .The other problem is that WoW seams to have been increasingly aimed at a very young demographic and while I think this was proberbly wise on Blizzards part its also made for an increasingly immature community .All its going to take is for a game to come along to catch the zeitgeist amongst those kids and suddenly boasting about what you've done in WoW in the playground isn't going to be cool in school anymore. Once that happens a drop of half a million in one month will be the least of Blizzard problems and I have my doubts about thier ability to catch lightening in a bottle twice with Titan . They been milking the WoW cash cow for too long as a company they've become pretty complacent . Still WoW will bring in the cash for a few years to come yet but the slide has begun .

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

11.4 millions pretty good but I do feel that the losses in recent months are a portent of things to come . WoW as a game has been watered down so much its taken any real fun and challenge out of it untill you get to level 85 . The problem is you have to wade through all those levels of horribly easy content because you get to anything interesting and the only really interesting way of doing it is through the battlegrounds because they still offer a modicum of challenge .The other problem is that WoW seams to have been increasingly aimed at a very young demographic and while I think this was proberbly wise on Blizzards part its also made for an increasingly immature community .All its going to take is for a game to come along to catch the zeitgeist amongst those kids and suddenly boasting about what you've done in WoW in the playground isn't going to be cool in school anymore. Once that happens a drop of half a million in one month will be the least of Blizzard problems and I have my doubts about thier ability to catch lightening in a bottle twice with Titan . They been milking the WoW cash cow for too long as a company they've become pretty complacent . Still WoW will bring in the cash for a few years to come yet but the slide has begun .

Well Titan is most likely going to be based on the current wow (feature wise).  If it is I don't think it will be anywhere near as successful as they think it will.  If wow was released the way it is now it wouldn't have been either, it feels less like an RPG than guild wars did.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by NasherUK

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

Well Titan is most likely going to be based on the current wow (feature wise).  If it is I don't think it will be anywhere near as successful as they think it will.  If wow was released the way it is now it wouldn't have been either, it feels less like an RPG than guild wars did.

Well, Guild Wars had an actual storyline. WoW? Not so much.