Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AA still for sale

VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I find it interesting with these MMO's that are shutting down, yet they still sell the retail boxes at stores like wal-mart or EB. I remember they did that with AC2 as well. It's a shame that this game didn't do better.

Comments

• MackerniMackerni Member Posts: 230

They're desperately trying to recover from their loses. It's sad to think of all the MMOGs that try something different just to fail and look at WoW - the most traditional of them all with what - a TALENT system that is the biggest UNIQUE thing about it - and it has 8 million subscriptions? Fuck that.

• SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29

This is the retailers trying to screw you - NCSoft requested all boxes be pulled from shelves like a month ago.  They were told, according to the game's producer, that this had happened, so any copy you see on the shelves now is basically a "rogue copy."

Worse, the keys in them won't work since the folks at NC already turned them all off.  You should tell your wal-marts and the like they're commiting fraud and copyright violations... or don't and buy it and then sue them after the fact. ;)

Actually, maybe I'll stop at wal-mart on the way home from work...

• SelekSelek Member Posts: 236

my local EB still sells ENDLESS AGES, which is canceled.. and so is its sequal....

-Selek

• MandyMandy Member Posts: 132

on your account page the reactivate is off as well.

Its kind of sad to see this game go. It was different thats for sure.

• JonnyHelfireJonnyHelfire Member Posts: 125

isnt this game for the xbox 360? wow i didnt know it was a mmorpg, and i thoguht there was a auto assualt 2 for the ps3

• diaboyosdiaboyos Member Posts: 209

I know.  I saw this in Best Buy just a few days ago.  I got the manager over there and told him that the game was no longer playable because the servers were closed after August 31st.  He just kinda snickered and shrugged.  I went again earlier today and they are still on the shelf.

I know one thing.  If I bought this game and discovered it wasn't playable then they wouldn't let me return it because it had been opened I would be royally pissed.

====================
    Remember man that passes by,
    as you are now so once was I.
    And as I am so must you be,
    prepare yourself to follow me.

• stuttestutte Member Posts: 3

I think you are thinking of Full Auto... Car racing game with guns.

• kaberiskaberis Member Posts: 3

I found a copy of AA still for sale in Plaisio stores in Athens.

That was quite a fun

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

was so good in beta

Mess with the best, Die like the rest