Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What we talkinga bout here? Serisouly?

I saw a promo of this at the last Multiplayer LAN event I attended, I did not bother trying it.. I saw the leaflet and thouht "oh another standard small developer MMO....."

Tried em all and let down so not worth trying this.

Now it's close to release near my Birthday (23rd june..I'm 28!!) I am intriqued.... this looks like it could be fun.

Can someone post thoughts, comments and positives+neatives of this game whom have tried it.  I'm looking for a home in a MMO and I'ved tried them all nearly and just bored of them all!

Comments

• MetzoniusMetzonius Member CommonPosts: 5

Originally posted by WazMeister

I saw a promo of this at the last Multiplayer LAN event I attended, I did not bother trying it.. I saw the leaflet and thouht "oh another standard small developer MMO....."

Tried em all and let down so not worth trying this.

Now it's close to release near my Birthday (23rd june..I'm 28!!) I am intriqued.... this looks like it could be fun.

Can someone post thoughts, comments and positives+neatives of this game whom have tried it.  I'm looking for a home in a MMO and I'ved tried them all nearly and just bored of them all!

Hey WasMeister, you can find lots of reviews and comments so far about the headstart on our forum as well as information on all of the stuff we have been doing up to this point. Our community and team here at Heatwave are very active on the forums. 

If your interested here is a list of some of the coverage we've recieved in the previous weeks including E3.

Hope some of this was helpful and Happy Birthday!

Mike Metzler

Associate Producer - Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

WOW not sure I would pay $50 for a game that was dev. like 4 years ago.

I was in the Org. beta and it had a few things that were kind of neat but even at that time

it did not look as good as other games comeing out.

I wish HW luck but this game should have been more like 19.99 not 50.

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• WazMeisterWazMeister Member Posts: 149

hmmmmm

To me it does not matter if a game was developeed 4 years ago or not.. Heck Duke Nukem took too long.. since I was a teen!

That has shittiest reviews ever but I'll still buying it because it just finally feel weird to play a game that I waited for since I was 13 years old!

Anyway.. back to the realy story.. 4 year old game?  that means nothing in MMO industry if you ask me.  heck, if someone came out with UO today and said it was made back in 1998 though but we releasing it now after it was droppped a few times..

The charge is $50 quid... heck I'll need a trial but fuck me woudl I sign up and pay..  Its about gameplay for me. Sick of all these new flashy buttons and shadders and pixels in mmos that have no substance.

Just to add.. I won't just put up $50 or what ever it is for England (£25?) for a new mmo.. I need a trial at least this day and age.

TOo many times have I been burnt.... and paid for shite (Ahem Mortal online, Tabula Rasa...."

Blimey, reading the post-

It seems half the bloody game is not there.. It's a article about what is not there... maybe we need some that tell us what is there?

Is there any instances?  Good grouping content?

And fingers crossed NOT 40 man raids that take 5 hours to setup, 10 hours to complete and need to be unemployeeed to enjoy.

lol

Think I give it a miss, their 2 main selling points are-

ds & Heroes: Rome Rising Download Features

• Unique Squad-Based Minion System – Build a custom squad of minions that will do everything in their power to serve and protect the player’s every move, while leveling up along their side. Choose from fellow Roman soldiers to mythological creatures; squad members are earned, awarded and purchased as players’ progress through the game.

• Massive Player Estates – The Hero's goal is to regain the power of the gods and rebuild their estate to the impressive retreat it once was. Players can construct buildings and structures that affect the quality of their minion army.

This does not interest me one slight bit... shame though the setting I would love.  Gladiator times, romans etc I used to love watching films like Jason and the arganuauts, Sinbad etc with my dad when younger.

Would love to fight some of the beasts from them kind of films and settings. Oringinal clash of the titans owned!

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

I'm in the headstart and enjoying the game so far.  Love seeing my estate being built up as I complete quests.

Cool, What's so good about the estate thing.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I was in closed and open beta, despite its usual themepark questing stuff, I found it oddly enjoyable, the gladiator is a great class, the random wrestling moves never get old, and the many different weapon combinations was interesting, never got high enough to experiment with the minions much though.

The Roman setting was refreshing, and the writing on the quests better than expected. No idea what’s going on with the adult content though.

The estates serve as both a faction capital style base and another part of the game aside from your character to lvl up, and improve. It’s an odd idea, but I see some possibilities.

The minions are like those in Guild Wars 1, but in an open world, letting you go dedicated healer, or tank, when soloing.

It is true that the game is essentially half finished, it doesn’t seem so at first, the classes, pve are fine, but there is no pvp yet, 2 classes are not in yet (for balancing), the lvl cap is only 30, and the estate system, being so new is buggy and no doubt there are lots of things yet to be added to it. They are working on new content, raising lvl cap to 40, then 50, and judging by the way they changed the estates during beta they are coming up with some new and interesting ideas, though we won’t see more till after launch.

In short, I want people to get the game now, so that is has a chance to thrive, as I see some great possibilities, and I really look forward to seeing where they take this, but it will be too easy to burn though all the pve to the endgame dungeon grinding, with nothing else to do. It would be better to wait a few months. I just hope it has enough loyal followers to see it though this awkward period.

Might invest not sure,... wait till june 23rd, see how much birthday money the wife lets me have.

;)

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254

For european players: Direct2Drive UK offers Gods & Heroes for only 22 Pounds = 25€.