Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA will kill this game.

Comments

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by Malickie

Originally posted by Brif

EA killed Warhammer Online and will kill SWTOR too

It wasn't EA's job to create a decent MMO it was Mythics.

Warhammer was a decent MMO and it would have been great if EA wasn't the publisher.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by romanator0

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Just because you like EA and the games they churn out doesn't mean they haven't made extremely shitty decisions or that people don't like them for those decisions.

The same is the other way around: just because you don't like EA or their games doesn't mean that other people don't like their games, or that other people care more about what EA is doing besides publishing games they like. On the side, others do recognize and acknowledge some of the changes for the better EA made the past few years, if you can't or won't, suit yourself.

The way how you describe their games (BF, generic... wow) says it all to me: apparently those games aren't for you, move along.

All I said was that his liking of EA doesn't change the fact that they have made shitty decisions and those decisions have pissed people off. Nowhere did I mention or even hint that everybody disliked them.

And please, tell me what separates Battlefield from every other modern day war FPS out there. I've never played any of the BF games myself.

Without you having played either, you might not understand really.

Battlefield rewards group based play.  Rambos get run over.  MW rewards players running around like it's a videogame.  Battlefield has destroyable buildings.  MW does not.  MW allows for extreme (relative for a shooter) customization for your player.  BF usually has vehicles.  MW does not.  BF are HUGE maps.  MW are small.

MW is made for consoles, BF for PC.  Needless to say, MW sells much more.

• ichimarunicoichimarunico Member Posts: 210

Originally posted by thamighty213

Originally posted by Fearlessbro

I love Star Wars, and don't want this game to fail, I'd much rather it be in Activisons hands then EA, wouldn't you?

IMO, if it were between EA and Activision then I wouldn't even have wanted the game to be made.

I think Activision is the devil these days.

EA since 04 and the whole "EA spouse" have massiveley improved their PR, working conditions and over the last 5 years have lead the way in creating quality titles and not regurgetating the same crap every year.

I'm a die hard PES fan and even I can say they have made great strides with FIFA over the last 5 years, then you have BF:BC2, Dead Space, ME 1 and 2, DA 1 and 2 and most recently a reboot of the NFS series taking arcade crap and shifting (pun intended) it to one of the best semi-sim racers for the PC.

EA genuineley have that feel of quality not quantity these days and looking at my steam purchases something around the 50% of all games I've bought in the last few years are EA games.

EA nickel and dimes people with DLC including day 1 DLC and with overpowered weapons in the case of DA2. I have an NPC in my camp in DA:O that wants me to buy DLC and there is an option for buying DLC in the opening menu of ME2.

As for quality, I wouldn't really know about that. I have yet to play a Bioware game that I can consider better than good. ME2 is barely an RPG IMO and I don't like the combat, DA:O is slow as hell and I dislike the combat system, the only class with any customization is the mage and the story is extremely generic and bland.

Never played any of the Battlefield games as I don't do generic, modern war shooters.

Never played Dead Space as I don't do zombie games.

Don't play FIFA as I don't play sports games and if you consider reskinning the graphics "making great strides" then by all means, all the power to you. 

Just because you like EA and the games they churn out doesn't mean they haven't made extremely shitty decisions or that people don't like them for those decisions.

So you don't like zombie games (which Dead Space isn't, btw), you don't like sports games, you don't like modern shooters, and you don't like RPGs that are Game of the Year winners (minus the shitfest that was the ENTIRE Dragon Age series).

What games do you play? I mean really all that's left are flight sims and puzzles, and most real gamers laugh at puzzle games and there hasn't been a good Flight Sim game since like... 1997.

I agree that nickle and dime DLC is bullshit, and I never buy it (or any game that requires it, aka BF3) but unfortunately it's the new reality of gaming. Every company is grabbing all that DLC money now. Get over it or tell them with your wallet. Buy the game if the DLC isn't a power upgrade, DON'T spend money on DLC, and if the DLC is an in-game advantage, DON'T FUCKING BUY IT. For all of us, don't tell these companies that this is what you want.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

The same is the other way around: just because you don't like EA or their games doesn't mean that other people don't like their games, or that other people care more about what EA is doing besides publishing games they like. On the side, others do recognize and acknowledge some of the changes for the better EA made the past few years, if you can't or won't, suit yourself.

The way how you describe their games (BF, generic... wow) says it all to me: apparently those games aren't for you, move along.

All I said was that his liking of EA doesn't change the fact that they have made shitty decisions and those decisions have pissed people off. Nowhere did I mention or even hint that everybody disliked them.

And please, tell me what separates Battlefield from every other modern day war FPS out there. I've never played any of the BF games myself.

They're basically semi-sandbox battlefields with multiple roles to fulfill, tanks, jets, apc's, different forms of infantry, choppers, boats etc... Very different than a typical deathmatch game, on top of that most actual BF titles have been mainly made as online games, they're nothing like COD as an example, though bad company games do mimic this in some ways, yet stil it's all about online open-world warfare.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Lets say for a second that EA kills it for some reason, at least i'll get a few months fun out of the game.  Thats much better then not going with it and just going around the forums plastering doom and gloom everywhere i go. I could sling things against any number of companies but i don't do that.

Frankly we don't know what EA will do with this project...yes unless you have a time machine neither do you.

What i do know is they seem to be putting a lot of money into this project, and trying to really put it in the center of attention.  who knows what they do down the road. I'm frankly not worried about it. I'll play it for as long as the ride lasts and get off when i don't care for it anymore.

People get way too commited to trying to take a game down IMO

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• AisriythAisriyth Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Brif

EA killed Warhammer Online and will kill SWTOR too

EA didn't kill Warhammer Online, Mythic did. Hell if anything EA gave Warhammer Online more a chance.

I am not saying EA is necessarily a good company but the failure of Warhammer Online is NOT one of EA's failures. (which there are many)

EA ended up putting money into it half way through development and without that money Warhammer Online would of either never seen the light of day (preferable imo such a travesty to mishandle the Warhammer Fantasy IP like that) or would of launched with even less content then it already did.
  • romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by ichimarunico

Originally posted by thamighty213

Originally posted by Fearlessbro

I love Star Wars, and don't want this game to fail, I'd much rather it be in Activisons hands then EA, wouldn't you?

IMO, if it were between EA and Activision then I wouldn't even have wanted the game to be made.

I think Activision is the devil these days.

EA since 04 and the whole "EA spouse" have massiveley improved their PR, working conditions and over the last 5 years have lead the way in creating quality titles and not regurgetating the same crap every year.

I'm a die hard PES fan and even I can say they have made great strides with FIFA over the last 5 years, then you have BF:BC2, Dead Space, ME 1 and 2, DA 1 and 2 and most recently a reboot of the NFS series taking arcade crap and shifting (pun intended) it to one of the best semi-sim racers for the PC.

EA genuineley have that feel of quality not quantity these days and looking at my steam purchases something around the 50% of all games I've bought in the last few years are EA games.

EA nickel and dimes people with DLC including day 1 DLC and with overpowered weapons in the case of DA2. I have an NPC in my camp in DA:O that wants me to buy DLC and there is an option for buying DLC in the opening menu of ME2.

As for quality, I wouldn't really know about that. I have yet to play a Bioware game that I can consider better than good. ME2 is barely an RPG IMO and I don't like the combat, DA:O is slow as hell and I dislike the combat system, the only class with any customization is the mage and the story is extremely generic and bland.

Never played any of the Battlefield games as I don't do generic, modern war shooters.

Don't play FIFA as I don't play sports games and if you consider reskinning the graphics "making great strides" then by all means, all the power to you. 

So you don't like zombie games (which Dead Space isn't, btw), you don't like sports games, you don't like modern shooters, and you don't like RPGs that are Game of the Year winners (minus the shitfest that was the ENTIRE Dragon Age series).

What games do you play? I mean really all that's left are flight sims and puzzles, and most real gamers laugh at puzzle games and there hasn't been a good Flight Sim game since like... 1997.

I agree that nickle and dime DLC is bullshit, and I never buy it (or any game that requires it, aka BF3) but unfortunately it's the new reality of gaming. Every company is grabbing all that DLC money now. Get over it or tell them with your wallet. Buy the game if the DLC isn't a power upgrade, DON'T spend money on DLC, and if the DLC is an in-game advantage, DON'T FUCKING BUY IT. For all of us, don't tell these companies that this is what you want.

How is Dead Space not a zombie game? Undead, horror themed TPS set in space. I don't see how calling the undead Necromorphs (or whatever their called) disqualifies Dead Space as a zombie game.

I don't like sports games because I prefer to do sports IRL and video game versions just suck in comparison IMO.

I like FPSs, but having them in the modern setting and using just standard guns feels boring for me and just doesn't grab me. The only FPSs that I have a major amount of time in are Perfect Dark and Borderlands.

I barely consider ME2 to be an RPG. It only has enough character customization for it to barely qualify as an RPG IMO and the entire cover system felt clunky and boring to me. The less character customization an RPG has, the less interested I am in that RPG and the more I look at the games other features to hold it up and ME2's other features just weren't enough IMO.

As to what games I do like, I own several of the Fire Emblem series, several of the Zelda series, played FF IV and IX, played Dragon Quest IV, VIII and IX, the Golden Sun series, Shadow of the Colossus, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Sly Cooper 1 and 2, SSB Melee and Brawl, Kingdom Hearts 1,2, Chain of Memories and 358/2 days, Mount and Blade: Warband and a bunch of others that I don't remember. I am looking forward to Hawken, Firefall, Torchlight 2, Bioshock: Infinite and Skyrim.

I don't buy DLC and if any game offers DLC that has overpowered items or is necessary for the game then I won't buy that game. I am very much looking forward to Reckoning as I am a big fan of R.A. Salvatore and the gameplay videos I have seen look amazing (admittedly their trailers look generic and a little lackluster, thankfully I don't judge games by their trailers) but I won't be buying it if EA decides to f**k it up with thier DLC. I have principals and I stick to them.

Coincedentally, this video that I saw today fits the topic of EA's DLC quite well. http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut#p/c/2272A4EE84269E1F/1/db7-m0YuNU8

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

So you played a couple BW games you didnt like, and have zero experience playing any of EA's core franchises. Yeah, youre the expert here. Youre just regurgitating bad reviews. Try thinking for yourself.

I think EA did an about face in 05 and have actually been one of the better major publishers of that last 5 years. And dont act like they are the only ones charging day 1 DLC cause thats standard fare across the board these days. They hire and KEEP some of the most talented programmers in the biz, which is more than most can say. They arent perfect, but the way some of you guys crap on them without a second thought is childish.

How is Dead Space not a zombie game? Undead, horror themed TPS set in space. I don't see how calling the undead Necromorphs (or whatever their called) disqualifies Dead Space as a zombie game.

I don't like sports games because I prefer to do sports IRL and video game versions just suck in comparison IMO.

I like FPSs, but having them in the modern setting and using just standard guns feels boring for me and just doesn't grab me. The only FPSs that I have a major amount of time in are Perfect Dark and Borderlands.

I barely consider ME2 to be an RPG. It only has enough character customization for it to barely qualify as an RPG IMO and the entire cover system felt clunky and boring to me. The less character customization an RPG has, the less interested I am in that RPG and the more I look at the games other features to hold it up and ME2's other features just weren't enough IMO.

As to what games I do like, I own several of the Fire Emblem series, several of the Zelda series, played FF IV and IX, played Dragon Quest IV, VIII and IX, the Golden Sun series, Shadow of the Colossus, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Sly Cooper 1 and 2, SSB Melee and Brawl, Kingdom Hearts 1,2, Chain of Memories and 358/2 days, Mount and Blade: Warband and a bunch of others that I don't remember. I am looking forward to Hawken, Firefall, Torchlight 2, Bioshock: Infinite and Skyrim.

I don't buy DLC and if any game offers DLC that has overpowered items or is necessary for the game then I won't buy that game. I am very much looking forward to Reckoning as I am a big fan of R.A. Salvatore and the gameplay videos I have seen look amazing (admittedly their trailers look generic and a little lackluster, thankfully I don't judge games by their trailers) but I won't be buying it if EA decides to f**k it up with thier DLC. I have principals and I stick to them.

Coincedentally, this video that I saw today fits the topic of EA's DLC quite well. http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut#p/c/2272A4EE84269E1F/1/db7-m0YuNU8

Dead space is all in all, more along the lines of The Thing, if you've seen that movie anyway.

ME2 is a hybrid IMO, it's a very cinematic experience though which is what I enjoyed about it, great charcters IMO etc...

Some of those games I like others I really haven't sepnt any time with (360 games), my favorite JRPG was the Suikoden (SP?) series in the ps2 days. My most anticiapted game is Skyrim right now.

I don't think I've ever really purchased DLC, unless you count buying GOY editions of Oblivion and FO3. Never purchased them in any other form though.

Still I really don't find DLC to be the devil, I just don't purchase it. I've never seen any I felt were worth the money.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

I am going to be pre-ordering  7 copies of this game for myself, wife and friends, seen enough to know it is our type of game, Blizzard is far worse than EA  but it is personal choice, I am really looking forward to the storyline and other fun stuff

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

ME2 is a hybrid IMO, it's a very cinematic experience though which is what I enjoyed about it, great charcters IMO etc...

I think 'action RPG' or 'action/adventure RPG' describes ME and ME2 best, sort of crossing between action/adventure games and  RPG's.

Still I really don't find DLC to be the devil, I just don't purchase it. I've never seen any I felt were worth the money.

I thought 'Lair of the Shadow Broker' for ME2 was totally worth it, I didn't regret that one at all. But that's how I felt about it image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

And If EA doesn't kill it, Lucasarts will do.

I think 'action RPG' or 'action/adventure RPG' describes ME and ME2 best, sort of crossing between action/adventure games and  RPG's.

I thought 'Lair of the Shadow Broker' for ME2 was totally worth it, I didn't regret that one at all. But that's how I felt about it image

I thought about getting that one actually, still something told me not to. It did sound like an interesting plot point.

Originally posted by alakram

And If EA doesn't kill it, Lucasarts will do.

It's my understanding there's more or less an LA hands off clause of some kind in effect. Unless that's only in reference to the business side of things.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

If Warcraft has managed to stay afloat w/ Kotick & Activision, I think SWTOR will be fine.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

I got it and it was a lot of fun, but I still feel it's significantly overpriced. It's the only DLC I've ever purchased.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

They already killed ME2 and DA2, so I cant rule it out.

So far they left their claws from SW:TOR, though.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by Adamantine

They already killed ME2 and DA2, so I cant rule it out.

So far they left their claws from SW:TOR, though.

ME2 was far from killed. It's one of the better games I've ever played. DA2 I haven't played and won't so I can't really comment on it, but it too sold really well initially.

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

I love how there is so much turmoil around a game that doesnt even have a release date yet...   "You know that movie that's coming out next year?  ..  I heard it suuuuuucks..  The one producer was involved in a crappy indie movie awhile ago, therefore that means all projects he'll ever be associated with will  ... suuuuuuuuck.."

Originally posted by Talgen

I love how there is so much turmoil around a game that doesnt even have a release date yet...   "You know that movie that's coming out next year?  ..  I heard it suuuuuucks..  The one producer was involved in a crappy indie movie awhile ago, therefore that means all projects he'll ever be associated with will  ... suuuuuuuuck.."

You must be referring to Bad Taste:).

• MenocareMenocare Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Zhauric

Doom I say! Doom! For He shall reach down and pluck us from our lives to repent and be saved as the world shall burn asunder! Only those worthy of His love and judgment shall be welcomed into His arms!

......Or we can quit with the ridiculous doomsday posts and wait and see what happens instead of trying to tell people to not play a game not even freaking released yet. 

I totally agree.

• ersingibleersingible Member Posts: 70

I 100% agree with OP.

I stopped buying EA games because all their games come with SecuROM crap (amongst other crapware).

Would not be surprised if SWTOR also came with SecuROM, even though it's an online game.

Poor choice of publisher, Bioware!

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by ersingible

I 100% agree with OP.

I stopped buying EA games because all their games come with SecuROM crap (amongst other crapware).

Would not be surprised if SWTOR also came with SecuROM, even though it's an online game.

Poor choice of publisher, Bioware!

You do realize that EA owns BioWare . . . right?  Has for a while now.

So, since SecuRom was developed by Sony, I guess you don't play any of their games either?  How about MicroSoft Windows computer games?

You're welcome to NOT play any games you don't want to and for whatever reason, but you might want to keep in mind you are cutting yourself out of at least three different BIG gaming companies now.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

It will be nice to just have one day of my life that doesn't see anything revolving about topics of doomsday.

It will be nice to log onto the forums and not see a pessimistic thread about some company GOING to destroy a game, give them a chance, maybe this time they will get it right, it won't kill you, hell it won't even affect you if you just don't play the game.

Just ask yourself, what have you achieve in posting this thread, other than insinuating pointless hatred against EA? or Bioware? or Lucasart?

Call me a EA fanboi or whatever, if I had to chose to listen to fanbois hyping their own game, or doomsayers saying the end is near every second day, I rather be a fanboy.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"