Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: GamersFirst Taking Game F2P

2»

Comments

• KaezKaez Member Posts: 80
    I don't mind F2P as long as the same items can be found or crafted albeit with a little hard work. To be honest, for me it almost adds to the challenge and sense of accomplishment.

If I see items (weaps mainly) that and overpowered and can only be "bought" then I'm out. Otherwise I'll be back. P2W = suck obviously :)
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by erictlewis

Originally posted by Siveria

Originally posted by Tardcore

Bleh.

Fallen Earth's decent and mature online community? That was the last we ever saw of it. It lives now, only in my memories.

So true, goodbye mature community in FE.

Have you actually ever read the fallen earth forums.  Mature is not a word I would use and never has been considering you  had to be so old to even play it.

Key word web forum, where every anonymous jackhole can post reguardless of whether they play the game or not. I've yet to read a interweb forum of any subject that wasn't crawling with the socially retarded. Did you ever actually play the game? The online community was excellent, any trouble makers got sent to the quiet room or wished away into the cornfield by the mods quite quickly.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• motersmoters Member UncommonPosts: 73

GamersFirst sucks oh well end of fallen earth as we knew it cant see it getting better under there control.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Definitely good to hear afaic. Plenty of good F2P choices while I wait for a chance to play GW2. From what I have seen in the freemium and F2P games I've tried is that by not paying you'll definitely not have all the flashy pixels payers have, leveling is slower, and often you're at a disadvantage for PvP at all levels and PvE at the level cap.

None of those downsides bother me in the slightest.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

This could be good news. My friends and I are going to play FE again. Just have to see what will happen with the cashshop.

And about the comments about its community. When I still played FE, the forum community seemed mature. As long as you keep saying Yes and Amen to whatever the core posters had to suggest or say. Not to mention the typical PVP drama between some guilds, which could take over complete threads.

Ingame there were some great guilds though. Have attended a lot of fun events.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

People always pay tp play ftp or ptp.

• DoktorianDoktorian Member Posts: 131

I've always wanted to try this game but I never wanted to pay a sub fee. Now it seems I get my chance!

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Good news!  I played FE at launch for a couple months and the original grind and pvp ganking kept me from staying.. Now that its F2P I am going to reinstall and check it out after all this time. From what I have read many many changes have come about.

About the P2W subject, I agree a player with money should not be able to beat / be more powerful then a non paying player.  But I am a huge supporter of cash shops, I wish every game had the option for me to expand my gameplay options / convienence / make my character more unique.  Maybe its because I have been at both sides of the arguement in my life..  At one time I could not spend a single dime in a cash shop,  and nowadays I have extra cash I can blow on my favorite hobby . 

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by erictlewis

Originally posted by Siveria

Bleh.

Fallen Earth's decent and mature online community? That was the last we ever saw of it. It lives now, only in my memories.

So true, goodbye mature community in FE.

Have you actually ever read the fallen earth forums.  Mature is not a word I would use and never has been considering you  had to be so old to even play it.

Key word web forum, where every anonymous jackhole can post reguardless of whether they play the game or not. I've yet to read a interweb forum of any subject that wasn't crawling with the socially retarded. Did you ever actually play the game? The online community was excellent, any trouble makers got sent to the quiet room or wished away into the cornfield by the mods quite quickly.

Yes I actually played the game,  lol.  I was there during beta, and for the launch parties.  I watched a great game roll out and go though 3 combat upgrades.  But to call the community great,  all I have to do is point to the big pvp dogs and all the trash talk they do during pvp and control town or use to do.   The community being great I question that,  I watched a few folks get sent to endless zones of radiation,  I myself never got into trouble but I watched as folks go ported to the radiation zone, or sent of for a mini vacation.   I for one will love to go back as free to play,  at least I can hear my toon say "You touch that, I'm not touching it" when trying to hit loot something I cant.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Raise your hand if you did not see this coming.

Saw this coming a month ago when GamersFirst announced they would be taking over the servers, of course MMORPG.com failed to report on that (thankfully Massively.com covered it) as well as the live QA with GamersFirst. Back then they said they are looking at options so it was rather clear it was going to happen. Before then I expected FE to go F2P or Hybrid just didn't expect GamerFirst to be in the picture until they made the annoucement a month ago.

I see this as being good for Fallen Earth in the long run and look forward to seeing how it affects future content.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I would have played it as a p2p game if the combat mechanics weren't weird. I never could figure out why I could get hit with a melee attack when I didn't look like I would be in melee range and I have no intentions of playing it as a f2p because of that.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

I liked what i saw when trying this mmo, except for the melee combat. That killed it for me and kept me from even really giving the game a fair chance......when its free ill for sure play and see what it has to offer!

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Nice, G1 bought 2 of my favorites games!

The F2P model they have in mind actually looks pretty good andthe additional resources Fallen Earth will get from G1 will bring some extra flavour and life in to this game, I hope.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I didn't.  Has it even been a year since it released?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

I didn't.  Has it even been a year since it released?

Yes it made it almost 2 years,   the 2 year mark would have been in Septemeber.  I had a one year sub and canceled this past october.

Hopefully this will breath life into this game.   Lack of player base and up until receintly lack of dirrection of the game.  We all waited a very very long time for S4,  something they are just now starting to roll out in pieces.   Themain thing that has broken this game is the combat thus the three attempts to make it better, failing each time.

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289

If they just improved the shitty combat and made it a proper FPS then they would not need to go F2P.

Also the terrible AI. Oh and remove levels and just keep skills in. Oh and remove the quests. Oh and make it more of a sandbox...

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

FEs problem wasnt the cost, but the lack of fun. At its core its still a wow clone, with xp, quests, clunky combat, magic, auction houses, etc etc. Much less a wow clone than other games, but it still has all the annoying things that people are bored with.

Unless they improve the core mechanics, f2p wont change anything. More players being annoyed but tolerating it because its free.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by mCalvert
    FEs problem wasnt the cost, but the lack of fun. At its core its still a wow clone, with xp, quests, clunky combat, magic, auction houses, etc etc. Much less a wow clone than other games, but it still has all the annoying things that people are bored with.Unless they improve the core mechanics, f2p wont change anything. More players being annoyed but tolerating it because its free.

I would disagree with this statement. If they fixed the combat and just pick a direction for the game between hardcore -|- accessible it would make the game a lot more palatable for players. They should improve the themepark elements and add some more sandbox elements.

** edit **
    Removed 'to go'. They should be either hardcore or accessible, not something inbetween. Also changed the bit about sandbox and themepark. Keep the themepark elements, but add some more sandbox elements.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by mCalvert

FEs problem wasnt the cost, but the lack of fun. At its core its still a wow clone, with xp, quests, clunky combat, magic, auction houses, etc etc. Much less a wow clone than other games, but it still has all the annoying things that people are bored with.Unless they improve the core mechanics, f2p wont change anything. More players being annoyed but tolerating it because its free.

I would disagree with this statement. If they fixed the combat and just pick a direction for the game between hardcore -|- accessible it would make the game a lot more palatable for players. They should improve the themepark elements and add some more sandbox elements.

** edit **

Removed 'to go'. They should be either hardcore or accessible, not something inbetween. Also changed the bit about sandbox and themepark. Keep the themepark elements, but add some more sandbox elements.

You just agreed with me.