Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you use Macros? [Poll]

Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Well there's a simple question and it's not just with regards to Rift, but do you use macros?

I'm fairly new to MMOs. My 1st one was LOTRO a couple months ago and in that game I didn't mind pushing my many skill buttons because the combat is slow and simple. But last week I started playing Rift (my 2nd MMO) and as I got used to the game and with playing the Cleric, I felt the need to start creating macros. This was mainly due to the ridiculous number of skills you have to learn, if you play multiple roles, with each class and how so many of the skills are situational based. Like take this macro for example...

The Shaman Cleric tree comes with 2 very important situational skills (Jolt & Fated blow), that I want to come out as soon as they are available and I can only really do that by macro'ing them into my melee rotation. Also it makes the bar look cleaner.

Macro_screenshot

Comments

• KrayfishKrayfish Member UncommonPosts: 147

I used to be  a macro user in previous games but I haven't really bothered to use any in rift, with my riftblade spec I usually only end up using 5-6 skills. I suppose I could use some macros in some situations or for spamming all my buffs but I just haven't made the time to sit down and make any. Maybe I should make a couple to free up my hotbar a bit.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

I did have some macros set up but i found with the global cooldown i'd rather push the bottons and set up my combos that way.. Jus seemed slower with macros.. If i was playing a AOE class though then i'd prolly still be usein macros.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• RadioMaryjaRadioMaryja Member UncommonPosts: 123

i got little macro for chloro (vines/ntures touch). dont really have to use it but it doesnt matter, on the other hand i git 6 spell macro on 51 archon and it is quite usefull after debuffs are thrown.

• fuzzi1983fuzzi1983 Member UncommonPosts: 142

I do use the macro system to help me. I am one to admit that I can not click fast enough and get overwhelmed at times that I do need assistance. 

• OberonnOberonn Member Posts: 59

Never used macros, and probably never will.

Certain MMOs, AoC being one, makes macros (at least as I understand them) pointless, since you have to account for the dynamic defense of your oponent. I like that model for combat and hope more MMOs use it.

Oberon

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

IN the last beta, they had disabled stacking of abilities which was annoying to me. I liked to stack non-GCD abilities and GCD-abilities on my reaver/paladin/bst.

I love macros. Part of the fun of games for me is making my play as efficient as possible.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• break7ninebreak7nine Member Posts: 4

I used a few macros, 1 on my rogue and 1 on my warrior, just to make things a little bit easier and not have to button hunt. Now, while they disabled multiple things being cast from one click, that just means you have to change the order of your macros to go with the cooldowns. It really was quite easy to use. But I never found it necessary.

• BlueMountainBlueMountain Member UncommonPosts: 147

I use macros as much as I can but there are so many things I haven't managed to get working with it that I can only say 'as much as possible'.

What I would like to know is whether melee users macro their tactical maneuvers, like circling the target, and if so how does that work?

To dream, perhaps to be.