Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ: SOE revised raid policy

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

SOE link

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28517/kw/28517/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNjg5Njk2NC9zaWQvbVcyaUhudms%3D

seen on Fippy fansite forums

http://www.fippydarkpaw.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12833&sid=6b12fb8cdb92a7b544f9b732f1a889e5

The previous situations on the (progression) server have prompted a re-evaluation of the Open Raid policy regarding all servers, but most importantly, the TLP servers. The revised, re-released policy is as follows:

Raid rules and regulations.

First and foremost, guilds should work out issues between each other. You can come to a win-win situation between each other, where as if a GM is involved it will be a win-lose situation at best, and a lose-lose situation at worst.

If Customer Service can determine that a raid force, of a large enough size, and in the appropriate area, has been present in a zone longer than anyone else, that raid force will be given first in force rights to the raid mob.

• The raid must be near the raid mob’s spawn location, being afk at the front of a zone does not qualify.

• If the raid loses enough members to drop them to a point where they can no longer kill the mob, they will lose their first in force rights.

If Customer Service cannot determine who should have rights to the mob, the raid forces will be separated, the raid leaders called forward, and a roll will be performed.

• The losers of this roll will immediately leave the zone with their entire raid force.

The losers will not heckle or harass the winners.

If the losers will not leave the zone they will be forcibly removed and anyone returning within 30 minutes will be suspended.

The winners will give the losers a few minutes to leave the zone, then attempt to kill the mob. It is important for the winners of the roll to allow the losing side to leave to help avoid any further issues.

If the winners of the roll cannot kill the mob by the time the losers return (at least 30 minutes later) they then forfeit kill rights on the mob, and should leave for 30 minutes themselves.

This cycle should repeat until the mob is dead.

• If neither side will cooperate with the GM present, the raid mob will be perma-killed, in which case it will not re-spawn again until there has been a server reset.

• If one side will not cooperate with the GM present they will be determined to be the losers.

At any point that multiple raids are competing for the same raid mob and Customer Service determines that there has been foul play the following will happen to those found guilty of the foul play.

• Any raid loot gained from the raid mob will be deleted.

• The guild leader of said guild will be suspended.

• All guild officers who are online at the time will be suspended.

• Any person leading such a raid will be suspended.

• Any and all suspension appeals will be denied.

Raid rules and regulations FAQ.

When should we petition a GM?

You should only petition for a GM’s assistance if you cannot work out the issue between yourselves.

What about petitioning to notify a GM that we are first in force?

If the raid mob is not up, you should not be petitioning a GM. Your raid size could change, in which case we will then ignore your previous first in force status. If the raid mob is up, you should be killing it, not talking to us.

We need to petition a GM, how should we do this?

ONLY Your guild leader or raid leader should petition. Having an entire raid petition will actually slow down the response you get, and most of the petitions will be closed with a note saying, “ask your raid leader.”

When you are petitioning a raid issue, please state your guild, the name of the raid leader, the issue, the opposing guild and the name of the opposing raid leader if you know that. Also, please be sure to use the correct petition categories, harassment issues are handled before most other issues, so if your petition is has the [EQ] community standards category set we will see it in time to intervene in most cases.

I am a guild leader / officer why should I be suspended if I am not there?

You are supposed to be the leadership of your guild. Lead them in a positive manner and do not allow them to group up and harass other people.

What if I did not know about it?

Again, you are supposed to be a leader, we assume you know about it, so please stay in touch with your guild as we will not accept this as a valid argument - See above where it states; Any and all suspension appeals will be denied.

Why would you perma-kill a raid mob, what about the other guilds that were not present, doesn’t that affect them as well?

Yes, it would affect them, so if you don’t want to be hated by every other guild on your server I would suggest not making this happen.

Aren’t these rules a little harsh?

No, the real issue is that CS has been too lenient on this matter. These guidelines are pretty close to the original policies CS used when the game launched, hence why no one used to want a GM to be involved in raid disputes.

What constitutes foul play?

Scenarios such as leap frogging, training another raid, kill stealing a raid mob, ninja looting, just to say a few. It is not possible to outline every possible harassment issue. Play nice.

What about epic quest mobs?

The same rules apply.

-Lead GM Zaebrix

Comments

• HelternHeltern Member Posts: 193

There is no problem with raids.

Thats what I hear here; that and other BS. They could INSTANCE raids, but no, but that would "ruin" the game. The no instancing is one of many problems that drove EQ1s population into the toilet.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Originally posted by Heltern

There is no problem with raids.

Thats what I hear here; that and other BS. They could INSTANCE raids, but no, but that would "ruin" the game. The no instancing is one of many problems that drove EQ1s population into the toilet.

You're wrong and right, raiding ruined what was once a great game to play. It was good how they kept it "no instancing" because this should be an eye opening realization to people that you don't need end gear to do fun things. People are all too gear dependant now. I can do just about everything anyone else can with using LGuk and Sol B gear where as they are using Fear and Hate gear. This is what made the game fun, but as expansions open up the need and greed of gear became more apparent. That doesn't mean you cant have fun playing the game without having the top of the line stuff.

It always has been first come first serve. I never really had any problems playing it the way it was back in the old days. On my server, the top guilds usually took turns running the planes, if people can do that on the 2 TLP servers the GMs would never have to get invovled. People just need to stop being greedy.

• sebbonxsebbonx Member Posts: 318

Try it with a Warrior and come back and tell us how great it is to play with inferior gear, if you can get groups. You sure can't solo. Velious will open a whole great divide between a raid geared warrior and group and end the warriors playability if not a raider.

If you have any questions please ask. I have moved on to WoW from eq and no longer have any desire to play a dead game. Thank you. (posted by another selling his account in EQ1)

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

If multiple guilds are staging on the spawn of a raid monster then obviously the raid monster is "too easy."

That said, if I were going to set rules on a contested raid I would do the following:

If two guilds are actively staging to kill a raid monster, the GM takes the leader of both guilds forces aside.

Lets say it is a level 65 monster.

The GM says "Who is willing to try this raid at level 75?"

"Who is willing to try this raid at level 74?"

Down to 66.

The first person to do "say I accept" gets the first shot to do the raid at the level chosen.

If they fail at it then the other raid can try it at the base level.

If the raid monster is defeated at a higher raid level a server message goes out "Raid target has been defeated at +5 levels by guild X -- It will now spawn at +3 levels until further notice." (+ 1/2 the levels rounded up)

(Mob bonus levels would leak away 1 level per 12 hours the monster is UP but not killed)

If neither side is willing to try it at +1 then the raid mob is respawned at +1 and the GM leaves and ignores any further requests on this monster as both sides said they were not interested at +1.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

This is a joke right?

They are threatening to suspend players who are not even present, because they should be held responsible for the actions of other players?

The GMs are threatening to do things that will cause the community to turn on one guild?

This seriously cannot be the best policy they can come up with is it?

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Nadia

I am a guild leader / officer why should I be suspended if I am not there?

You are supposed to be the leadership of your guild. Lead them in a positive manner and do not allow them to group up and harass other people.

What if I did not know about it?

Again, you are supposed to be a leader, we assume you know about it, so please stay in touch with your guild as we will not accept this as a valid argument - See above where it states; Any and all suspension appeals will be denied.

-Lead GM Zaebrix

Holy crap. Screw that. I'd go anonymous or just transfer leadership to an alt account because that's pure stupidity. Leading a guild doesn't mean controlling it's players. I think Guild leaders need the ability to set boundaries on where members can go and what they can do.

Geezus...lol, what a way to kill a community.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Shocking! How dare these GMs demand that people behave in a responsible manner?!

I liked that bit toward the end about (paraphrasing): "We've been too nice so we will be going back to the old rules; this was why they didn't used to want to involve us in their stupid squabbles."

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

I don't think anyone is shocked that the GMs want players to behave, but the threats they are employing certainly raise an eyebrow.

Behave or they will get the whole server pissed off at you?  Behave or they will ban your friend who isn't even online or involved in this situation?

Both seem like poor solutions to any situation in my opinion.

Seriously, anyone plays EQ1 WHY? WoW is so much better. Your guild doesn't get screwed by lifeless dweeb raiders. REMEMBER THROUGHOUT EQ HISTORY THESE SAME GMS ARE MEMBERS OF GUILDS SCREWING PEOPLE!!!

INSTANCE THE RAIDS NOW SHOULD BE THE DEMAND!

If you have any questions please ask. I have moved on to WoW from eq and no longer have any desire to play a dead game. Thank you. (posted by another selling his account in EQ1)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by sebbonx

INSTANCE THE RAIDS NOW SHOULD BE THE DEMAND!

can always play other mmos if you want instanced raids

I see nothing wrong w offering players noninstanced raids

Hundreds of thousands did change games, SOE listened to the puny minority; thats why almost no one plays EQ.

Try it with a Warrior and come back and tell us how great it is to play with inferior gear, if you can get groups. You sure can't solo. Velious will open a whole great divide between a raid geared warrior and group and end the warriors playability if not a raider.

I let you in on a lil secret. People who play warriors also multi box. No one in their right mind solos in this game anymore especially when you're a warrior. Thurgadin Armor (220 hp) armor pieces drops in Kael vs Skyshrine (335 hp) or Kael Armor (310 hp) armor drops in Temple Veeshan, you're losing only about 115 / 90 hp respectively. Give me 1 non raid target mob that a group of non raid geared can't do with the given set. The time an effort raiding for Kael / Skyshrine gear AND fighting for raid boss kills against other guilds is going to be over the top. The only thing I can see a big difference in comparison to raid gear is the weapons and spells. But when we're looking at raid geared groups killing non raid targets vs non raid geared killing non raid targets, the only difference is being able to kill faster. I would say 3-5 mins faster IMO.

My point is, you don't need to have raid gear to have fun as I have said in my previous post. You sure are sacrificing a whole lot of time to get that raid gear though. A warrior's playability just really depends on your experience and ingenuity. People are good at it or they aren't. But I sure as hell can bet you that a warrior using Thurgadin armor compared to Skyshrine or Kael armor can tank just fine, they arent sacrificing a whole lot of HP, and like I said the only thing raiding can get ahead on is basically the weapons with higher damage / delay ratio.

Why multibox when you can play another game and not have to? It is bad game design that forces multiboxing.

• HelternHeltern Member Posts: 193

Everquest sucks, thats why it has no one playing. It is pure stupidity to recommend boxing a 12 year old game with no one left playing.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Heltern
    Everquest sucks, thats why it has no one playing. It is pure stupidity to recommend boxing a 12 year old game with no one left playing.

i cant believe you and your other account sebbonx are still allowed to troll here after all these years.

most communities would ban you just for posting on more than one acount.

honestly though, if you are still complaining about the same game after all these years then you must have really loved EQ at one point.

by the way, the game doesn't force you to multibox, it forces you to group. is that any different than the warcraft model that forces you to raid?

maybe if wow did force you to group the community would be less atrocious, forced grouping forces you to work together with the other players.

that is definitely a plus in my opinion.

oh and the progression servers are packed full of people, people don't need to box there because the game is dead like you claim.

• krenalorkrenalor Member Posts: 214

It must be the same person, it couldn't possibly be EQ1 sucks could it? I believe I have read on Steelwarrior that everyone playing boxes; they may not on the new server, but why start over in a 11+ year old game?

I made 63 in 6 days played, in the old days, when it was "hard", the game was a joke and is more of one today. Instancing raids keeps people happy and provides raid targets for everyone, not just the lifeless dweebs. Now no one plays EQ, everyone plays WoW; thats one of the major reasons.

I call BS WoW "requires" rading, it does not and certainly less than EQ1 where gear is more important.

I made 63 in 6 days played, in the old days, when it was "hard", the game was a joke and is more of one today. Instancing raids keeps people happy and provides raid targets for everyone, not just the lifeless dweebs. Now no one plays EQ, everyone plays WoW; thats one of the major reasons.

I call BS WoW "requires" rading, it does not and certainly less than EQ1 where gear is more important.

Whats your point? People made max level in 24 hours or less in WoW.

Stick to playing WoW, and we'll stick to playing EQ.

I can definitely agree with you that WoW is less gear dependant, do you know why? Because you cant raid if you dont have a certain amount of achievements, People will know how far you've progressed and just deny you any chance of raiding. Look at how 10 / 24 man raids are going. You basically dont need a guild anymore, find some random PuG raid. That's a super great way to build some real community aint it?

lol @ you saying wow is less "gear important" than EQ. i would love to see you attempt to explain that one to me. lol

wow is absolutely a raid-centric gear driven game, just like EQ. its the same damn model lol

the only difference is its instanced and balanced for a certain amount of people per raid.

if you don't raid in wow you will be gimped compared to raid gear players, same as in EQ.

there is no difference.

but keep on posting on all your different accounts to make it seem as if people agree with you ROFL!

sorry, but you are simply just wrong.

and again, the progression servers are packed full of people. point being that there is plenty of people to group with and you don't have to box if you don't want to.

Originally posted by csthao

Whats your point? People made max level in 24 hours or less in WoW.
    Stick to playing WoW, and we'll stick to playing EQ.
    I can definitely agree with you that WoW is less gear dependant, do you know why? Because you cant raid if you dont have a certain amount of achievements, People will know how far you've progressed and just deny you any chance of raiding. Look at how 10 / 24 man raids are going. You basically dont need a guild anymore, find some random PuG raid. That's a super great way to build some real community aint it?

wow is every bit as gear - centric as EQ, just because its easier to raid in wow doesn't change that fact.

i am not going to sit up here and say wow isn't a good game because it certainly is in my opinion.

but this dude and his multiple forum accounts have been pulling this crap here for years.

not sure what his motivation is but it is crazy he is still allowed to troll here after all these years.

It is a lie you can level to max level in WoW in 24 hours, it would take at least 6 days like it would in EQ.

And I suppose ordering your merc to kill everything, because they are overpowered, means that EQ1 is now the easiest game. Sorta like leveling my Necromancer (can be done with Mage also)  virtually competely while AFK.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Kind of funny all the people posting in this thread don't know that nearly every EQ raid that has came out since 2003 has been instanced.  Basically no raid content in EQ is instanced these days.

Open raids have nothing to do with EQ declining in popularity.  EQ took its first big hit in terms of losing subscribers during Gates of Discord, which was after EQ had switched to an instanced raid model.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by sirphobos

Kind of funny all the people posting in this thread don't know that nearly every EQ raid that has came out since 2003 has been instanced.  Basically no raid content in EQ is instanced these days.

Open raids have nothing to do with EQ declining in popularity.  EQ took its first big hit in terms of losing subscribers during Gates of Discord, which was after EQ had switched to an instanced raid model.

Nice of you to resurect and reply to a thread 2 years later like it was just made yesterday. image

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Originally posted by bezado

Nice of you to resurect and reply to a thread 2 years later like it was just made yesterday. image

Umm, no I didn't....

personally, i was referring to the progression servers, i know the newer content has instanced raids.

having non instance raids has very little to do with the population in EQ one way or another.

wow did steal a lot of the players from EQ, but it wasn't because they had instanced raids.