Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant make an account...

Hello. I've got a beta key already Just. I fill in everything and I hit create account and I get this ONE era. It says String Index out of range:-2 So right now I cant even try it. I downloaded the game already also. So please help me.

Comments

• ghaleonx128ghaleonx128 Member Posts: 145

Same here.

• DrSteveDrSteve Member Posts: 6

It could be something with the website because when it gave me the Knowledge base link I clicked it and got an error also. I had to find it by searching google but that didn't help one bit.

• AshynAshyn Member Posts: 91

Same here. I wasn't able to create an account - first I received numerous invalid username repeatedly, no matter what I tried, and when finally seemed to be accepted, I received the error string. 

In addition, I pre-ordered the CE today and did not receive the head start information from Amazon - I emailed support at Gds&Heroes.

Edit: Amazon responded that they do not have any Headstart info. available to them so I suspect that anyone who pre-orders through Amazon will have to email GnH Support.

Aw well All we can do is wait until there is a way to fix it. Just how long -_-

I wouldn't think it'd take too long..

Meh I have other games to occupy me for now. But I'll check back in like an hour mabye less and hope I got a response from someone who knows what to do. So we can try it!!

An error has occurred

String index out of range: -2

For useful information about Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising and answers to common support related questions please see Gods & Heroes Knowledge Base   

...and don't bother clicking the knowledge database, you won't get anything right now.

Ugh no definent answers yet. I just wanna start playing to try it out.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Open Beta finnished yesterday. Headstart begins tomorrow the 14th.

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that until tomorrow, no one will be able to create an account?

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by Ashyn

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that until tomorrow, no one will be able to create an account?

Well, for a start it means you wont be able to try it unless you buy it.

Greaat I thought the open beta JUST started tho -_- How  much does it cost. I'll buy it since I was gonna get something else but meh.

Originally posted by Beachcomber

Well, for a start it means you wont be able to try it unless you buy it.

Ha ha - Yes, I know that. I pre-ordered the CE. Still have not received the info for the headstart that was supose to go out - and sent the letter to support here (allready mentioned that in this thread). Anyway, having trouble creating an account, like others are and just don't know if it is dissabled until tomorrow or if its a website glitch atm.

Price varies depending on which you want to pre-order. Teh standard box is $49.99 - the Collector's Edition is $79.99 and if you want that swanky cool collector's Edition with the helmet, it is $299.99.   Click the pre-order tab on the home page and it will show you everywhere it is available for purchase. You may want to review what bonus items you get from what vendor as they all differ.

Hope that helps you.

• DaniciaDanicia Member UncommonPosts: 38

Greetings all,

The site is currently under maintenance as we get thecharacters wiped, patches upadated and have the account set up ready to go. We are not scheduled to go live until 10:00am Central Time (We are in Austin, TX).

We have many threads on our official forums about the status, you can see some of them here:

Gods & Heroes Purchasing FAQ

We Will Honor any Pre-Order Purchase for Head Start!

If you have any other questions, you can send them to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks for your patience & understanding!

Donna

Originally posted by Danicia

Greetings all,

The site is currently under maintenance as we get thecharacters wiped, patches upadated and have the account set up ready to go. We are not scheduled to go live until 10:00am Central Time (We are in Austin, TX).

We have many threads on our official forums about the status, you can see some of them here:

Gods & Heroes Purchasing FAQ

We Will Honor any Pre-Order Purchase for Head Start!

If you have any other questions, you can send them to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks for your patience & understanding!

Donna

Thank you very much. I wasn't able to find any word of the site/maintenance. Greatly appreciate your taking the time to let us all know.  :)

Works now :)

Not for me it isn't. I keep getting Invalid Account Name - not sure what the requirements are for that, but have tried numerous combinations and still get an Invalid Account Name (yes, I noted that it cannot be the same as "Persona").

• MetzoniusMetzonius Member CommonPosts: 5

Not for me it isn't. I keep getting Invalid Account Name - not sure what the requirements are for that, but have tried numerous combinations and still get an Invalid Account Name (yes, I noted that it cannot be the same as "Persona").

Send an email to [email protected] with the account name you are trying to register as and we will get your problem fixed as soon as possible. Thanks!

Mike Metzler

AP - Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising

Originally posted by Metzonius

Send an email to [email protected] with the account name you are trying to register as and we will get your problem fixed as soon as possible. Thanks!

Mike Metzler

AP - Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising

I have been working with Allison on this since 9:30 this morning (CST).  It's been figured out and corrected.

Now that it's resolved, an hour and a half later, my chosen "ashyn" persona has been used.

I am such a sad, sad, puppy now.

Originally posted by Ashynxed as soon as possible. Thanks!

I have been working with Allison on this since 9:30 this morning (CST).  It's been figured out and corrected.

Now that it's resolved, an hour and a half later, my chosen "ashyn" persona has been used.

I am such a sad, sad, puppy now.

Hello Ashyn,

We're sorry your issue creating the account was caught up in the naughty word filter. Once we removed "hell" from the list, it was easy to create account names with "hell" in them.

The issue with the persona aka forum account is not related to creating your account. The forum handle "Ashyn" was actually created by someone in Hungary during Open Beta. So, even if the account creation went flawlessly, you still could not have received the persona "Ashyn" unless you created before the other person did.

Again, we're sorry about all the confusion. We're working as hard as we can to get everyone sorted for today's Headstart Launch. If you have any non-technical concerns, you can also email me directly at [email protected]

Regards,

Donna

Originally posted by Ashynxed as soon as possible. Thanks!

I have been working with Allison on this since 9:30 this morning (CST).  It's been figured out and corrected. Now that it's resolved, an hour and a half later, my chosen "ashyn" persona has been used. I am such a sad, sad, puppy now.
    Hello Ashyn, We're sorry your issue creating the account was caught up in the naughty word filter. Once we removed "hell" from the list, it was easy to create account names with "hell" in them. The issue with the persona aka forum account is not related to creating your account. The forum handle "Ashyn" was actually created by someone in Hungary during Open Beta. So, even if the account creation went flawlessly, you still could not have received the persona "Ashyn" unless you created before the other person did. Again, we're sorry about all the confusion. We're working as hard as we can to get everyone sorted for today's Headstart Launch. If you have any non-technical concerns, you can also email me directly at [email protected] Regards, Donna

Yes, Allison explained that the Ashyn persona had been used in Open Beta and that it wouldn't have been available when registration for the Headstart began today (even without my hellish-name holdup), as only characters were wiped.

But, on my end, I have to wonder if your Hungarian beta tester is even going to play live - thus why I am an advocate for clean whipes on launch and making all names available once again as so many beta testers are only there for free play and never seen again. That apparently wasn't the case for forum/account names with GnH (which was probably easier on all of you than re-establishing existing accounts).

Regardless of my issue with it, I have to say, great customer service on this matter - I can't recall ever getting so much assistance with an issue so early on (it's one of my biggest peeves with the big MMO's, you simply cannot get help like this - well done on your end).

Take care - I hope GnH has a long and successful life.

-Ashyn

That apparently wasn't the case for forum/account names with GnH (which was probably easier on all of you than re-establishing existing accounts).

Regardless of my issue with it, I have to say, great customer service on this matter - I can't recall ever getting so much assistance with an issue so early on (it's one of my biggest peeves with the big MMO's, you simply cannot get help like this - well done on your end).

-Ashyn

We appreciate your kind words towards our Support. It's hard to believe we are doing such a great job with a small team. After all, we are a start up with 30 people on the entire team. Allison sits next to me and has been outstanding working these long days to help everyone. We adore her very much.

When game companies decide whether or not to do account wipes or not, it is a very serious matter. When you have a history, with people making forum posts, submitting suggestions and tickets, we don't want to take that away from the people who have been with our community since August on up to launch.

While we know people will be sad when they cannot get the forum handle they desire, we weigh that against the information we don't want to lose and the relationships we have built previously. It is sad to lose the identify everyone will know you as. I have had that happen myself as my name (which I've been using since Usenet days) is taken in various places around the internet.

Hopefully, you'll find more about the game and decide to join us down the road.

Thanks again for your comments, feedback and continued patience.

Donna

That apparently wasn't the case for forum/account names with GnH (which was probably easier on all of you than re-establishing existing accounts).

-Ashyn

We appreciate your kind words towards our Support. It's hard to believe we are doing such a great job with a small team. After all, we are a start up with 30 people on the entire team. Allison sits next to me and has been outstanding working these long days to help everyone. We adore her very much.

When game companies decide whether or not to do account wipes or not, it is a very serious matter. When you have a history, with people making forum posts, submitting suggestions and tickets, we don't want to take that away from the people who have been with our community since August on up to launch.

While we know people will be sad when they cannot get the forum handle they desire, we weigh that against the information we don't want to lose and the relationships we have built previously. It is sad to lose the identify everyone will know you as. I have had that happen myself as my name (which I've been using since Usenet days) is taken in various places around the internet.

Hopefully, you'll find more about the game and decide to join us down the road.

Thanks again for your comments, feedback and continued patience.

Donna

You're welcome.

-Ashyn