Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE hacked!

G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

lulzsec.... on twitter

'we just wiped out the log in server for EVE online and taken down their website aswell'

Eve online website is down, eve gate is down... and reports from friends are that the game is down..

When will this hacking bullshit stop?

shhh... you might wake the trolls

Comments

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

blame blizzard

• DariusGearDariusGear Member Posts: 94

could just be  DoS attack

We go trough life with many yet there is a time we must walk our path alone.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by G_Ravenor

lulzsec.... on twitter

'we just wiped out the log in server for EVE online and taken down their website aswell'

Eve online website is down, eve gate is down... and reports from friends are that the game is down..

Never, it will only get worse from here even after companies get more serious about their security.  Nothing is impenetrable, and as I work on network security daily, even the best planned networks have weak spots somewhere.

I'm not a fan of EvE but I feel for you guys. I hope they will be back up and running soon.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Looks like just a DDOS group. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Twitter link

• G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

but why is it done?

It Serves no purpose, but to piss off the games developers and other companies and their customers..

Some suggest its related to the recent announcement that DUST 514 will be a sony / ps3 exclusive

Trying to hold companies to ransom because you do not like what they are doing in this way is WRONG, peoples livihoods are at sake, all those jobs are affected, players affected... just because some small group who want some attention are a bunch of attention seeking whores

shhh... you might wake the trolls

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Not a Eve player but this aint doing the internet comunity any good, Eve/CCP is one company that defintly does not deserve this kind of bull shit.

Also kinda odd that someone or a group would target CCP , Blizard..ok..SOE..ok..can understand it to some part but Eve..na does not fit the profile of "deserves a hack/revence" wakes the conspiracy theorist in me, best way to get  the internet community accept a tight digital legal system is by overwelming them whit crime related actions.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

its just Lulzsec trying to get themselves some credibility.. DDOS is a pain in the ... but .. its nothing like the kind of thing that anonymous can pull off..   i seriously doubt they can actually hack into Eve. image

DoS attacks are sometimes easily traced back to the attackers IP especially if they were dumb enough to use something like low orbit ion cannon

• leone2ndleone2nd Member Posts: 74

lulzsec.... on twitter

They'll be in a "hacking" spree running down all MMO online servers cause they r pissed nobody joins their fake revolutions on facebook.

• JuissiJuissi Member Posts: 9

and i just entered null sec wormhole somewhere *sigh*

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

Originally posted by Phry

its just Lulzsec trying to get themselves some credibility.. DDOS is a pain in the ... but .. its nothing like the kind of thing that anonymous can pull off..   i seriously doubt they can actually hack into Eve. image

They have managed to hack into bethesda and leak information to them that made them take it seriously so why wouldint they be able to handle little EVE?

• jado818jado818 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 356

Was there a stated purpose behind the DoS attack or was it just a bunch of angry 13 year olds doing it for no real reason?

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

The same hackers that took down Sony Online have now taken down EVE.   :(

• OldBikerOldBiker Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Juissi

Don't worry.  You'll end up safe and sound in some C6 with the wormhole collapsed behind you and a pack of angry Russians breathing down your neck.  You will be back in empire before you know it.

• leone2ndleone2nd Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by maskedweasel

lulzsec.... on twitter

Never, it will only get worse from here even after companies get more serious about their security.  Nothing is impenetrable, and as I work on network security daily, even the best planned networks have weak spots somewhere.

I'm not a fan of EvE but I feel for you guys. I hope they will be back up and running soon.

They'll be taking down the net piece by piece to save the dalla..in fact they' be taking down the whole world to save the dalla..

Clever eh?

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

It wasn't Hacked it's just a DDoS attack by some childish morons that crave attention. The lol's are on Lulzsec if they think anyone cares about their stupid childish 'crusade'. Most people just hope they end up behind bars and soon.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

but why is it done?

It Serves no purpose, but to piss off the games developers and other companies and their customers..

Some suggest its related to the recent announcement that DUST 514 will be a sony / ps3 exclusive

Trying to hold companies to ransom because you do not like what they are doing in this way is WRONG, peoples livihoods are at sake, all those jobs are affected, players affected... just because some small group who want some attention are a bunch of attention seeking whores

Yeah it serves no purpose in this case. It's 'because they can', and in this case: anonymously being a pain in the ass to many people from the comfort of their living rooms. Omglulz!

Immature pranksters like this are detrimental to the hackers and ddossers with a cause (other than financial gain, that is).

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

Originally posted by Brenelael

It wasn't Hacked it's just a DDoS attack by some childish morons that crave attention. The lol's are on Lulzsec if they think anyone cares about their stupid childish 'crusade'. Most people just hope they end up behind bars and soon.

Bren

So the torrent file they released was just part of my imagination?

• JuissiJuissi Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by OldBiker

Originally posted by Juissi

Don't worry.  You'll end up safe and sound in some C6 with the wormhole collapsed behind you and a pack of angry Russians breathing down your neck.  You will be back in empire before you know it.

Ah thats normal in here finland russians live next door :P

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Originally posted by Raizeen

Bren

So the torrent file they released was just part of my imagination?

I didn't know about that. I was just going on the initial report that this was just a DDoS attack. Might be a little more serious in that case.

Edit: Wait was that an EVE Torrent or the Bethesda Torrent we already knew about? If it's the Bethesda Torrent your referring to this may still just be a DDoS attack.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Bren

Why is it so hard to re-trace back or find out who these people are?  The IP address would visible from which ever LuLSec person that owns the Twitter account and facecbook account - right?   What am I missing here?

not if they did IP masking or Tunneling or if they were able to do router hacks along the way.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by maskedweasel

lulzsec.... on twitter

Have you had to pass an NSA grade security audit?  What is your target auditing tool score?  What auditing tool(s) do you use?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"