Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Season 4 patch notes for tribble.

CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Hopefully today, season 4 will begin testing on tribble. 

Below are a few parts that I found interesting:

-In this update we have the ground combat "revamp" which you use your left mouse button to fire your primary fire, and use your right mouse button to fire your secondary, and finally you use your mouse wheel or middle mouse button to activate melee.

-Deep space encounters no longer auto aggro so you have to choose to engage them.

-Every sector of space is open to Klingons now ecxcept the sirious sector. 

The link to the full patch notes is below

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=218921

Comments

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

What about the C-Store?

• Cruis.InCruis.In Member Posts: 16

oh man, the new optional FPS mode is awesome!

I haven't been subbed in months, paid up just to try this on tribble, I can't wait for season 4. Gonna level a whole new character. Now if we could get some more meaningful end game content, large scale raids, and large scale pvp, we'd be set! Awesome mode!

For what does it profit a man that he gain the whole world, but loseth his soul?

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Originally posted by Cruis.In

oh man, the new optional FPS mode is awesome!

I haven't been subbed in months, paid up just to try this on tribble, I can't wait for season 4. Gonna level a whole new character. Now if we could get some more meaningful end game content, large scale raids, and large scale pvp, we'd be set! Awesome mode!

Really , you got in and tested ? They had to remove season 4 from tribble due to issues ?  Hmmmm.  They hope to get on tribble by Tuesday. I suspect the over the shoulder reticle targeting is similar to a skill in CO ,they just made more universal . Not a big upgrade imho, but we'll see.  I wouldn't hold my breath on raids , Cryptic has repeatedly stated that it is never their intent or style.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

I suspect the over the shoulder reticle targeting is similar to a skill in CO , just made more universal . Not a big upgrade imho, but we'll see.  I wouldn't hold my breath on raids , Cryptic has repeatidly stated that is never their intent or style.

To me it sounds like the system Tabula Rasa used; I found that system to be far better than the standard click or tab targetting.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• Cruis.InCruis.In Member Posts: 16

contrary to what slami wants you to think I got on for a brief period. I have one word... Awesome.

Try it next week if you like.

For what does it profit a man that he gain the whole world, but loseth his soul?

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Heh heh.... remember what I said about Klingons getting a revamped Qo'nos in season 4?  Well... about that.....click on the link and go down to post number 49.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=215138&page=5 (if you have the time, this whole thread is worth the read)

So, update on the situation, thanks to Peregrine_Falcon...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

...in an interview on STOked a few minutes ago Captain_Geeko said; "Qo'noS probably won't get into the game until Season 5."

So it's official. The KDF is getting nothing exclusive when Season 4 launches.

Looks like season 5 now guys.

Originally posted by Cacaphony

Heh heh.... remember what I said about Klingons getting a revamped Qo'nos in season 4?  Well... about that.....click on the link and go down to post number 49.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=215138&page=5 (if you have the time, this whole thread is worth the read)

So, update on the situation, thanks to Peregrine_Falcon...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

...in an interview on STOked a few minutes ago Captain_Geeko said; "Qo'noS probably won't get into the game until Season 5."

So it's official. The KDF is getting nothing exclusive when Season 4 launches.

Looks like season 5 now guys.

I had a feeling it might have been the case; after reading Peregrine_Falcon's thread, and seeing how much Klingon stuff was being cut, I had the feeling more was on the way.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

and dont even think about mentioning it on the sto forums, lifetime banned for bringing up how the kdf got shafted once again.

Originally posted by neorandom

and dont even think about mentioning it on the sto forums, lifetime banned for bringing up how the kdf got shafted once again.

Banned for stating the obvious, that's Cryptic for you! It wasn't  Peregrine_Falcon, was it?

Hmm, well I suppose I was mistaken and that dev post quoted earlier must have been inaccurate?  Anyway, it appears that revamped Qo'nos did make it into season 4. 

Here is a link to Darren_Kitlor's thread on the STO forums where he has posted screen shots of it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=161026&page=219

Originally posted by Dinendae

Originally posted by neorandom

Banned for stating the obvious, that's Cryptic for you! It wasn't  Peregrine_Falcon, was it?

Yes, all those who oppose the Mighty Cryptic Empire shall be squashed. Of couse she was banned and the thread closed , it presented a horrible image of Cryptic. It's too bad.  Not sure what her transgression was other then, the truth. Yeah , I guess I answered my own question. Cryptic boards should read : Star Trek Online : Only mindless Fanboi's need apply.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Hmm, well I suppose I was mistaken and that dev post quoted earlier must have been inaccurate?  Anyway, it appears that revamped Qo'nos did make it into season 4. 

Here is a link to Darren_Kitlor's thread on the STO forums where he has posted screen shots of it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=161026&page=219

I love the new screenshots posted. Thanks for the link.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Ah, so it was the normal situation then: A lack of communication in Cryptic, resulting in two different messages from devs. Considering they've had problems with this from the CoH development days through STO, you would think that they would have learned by now to double-check before they post something.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

As I understand it, Quo'nos is being revamped for season 4, but the original plan of updating the tutorial for both factions fell back. That is likely where the miscommunication came from. We were originally supposed to get a new Fed tutorial and a Klingon tutorial that didn't require a Fed character at level 5 (or 6 or whatever it was). The last update I saw was that "sometime" during the span of season 4, the new tutorials should be in place.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

As I understand it, Quo'nos is being revamped for season 4, but the original plan of updating the tutorial for both factions fell back. That is likely where the miscommunication came from. We were originally supposed to get a new Fed tutorial and a Klingon tutorial that didn't require a Fed character at level 5 (or 6 or whatever it was). The last update I saw was that "sometime" during the span of season 4, the new tutorials should be in place.

Oh, so it was the Klingon and fed tutorials that was held back.   Ok, I think I understand now.  I wasnt sure what was being pushed back but I thought Iheard something about new tutorials somewhere.

Originally posted by FleshMask

What about the C-Store?

I really couldnt say anything about the C store.  I stopped tracking that a while ago, though I am sure someone here has updated info about it.

Yes, all those who oppose the Mighty Cryptic Empire shall be squashed. Of couse she was banned and the thread closed , it presented a horrible image of Cryptic. It's too bad.  Not sure what her transgression was other then, the truth. Yeah , I guess I answered my own question. Cryptic boards should read : Star Trek Online : Only mindless Fanboi's need apply.

The thread was locked, even though the posters heeded the mod warning, but Peregrine_Falcon isn't showing as being banned. Unless it was a temporary ban (and I saw no posts from Peregrine_Falcon that would have warrented that), I think you are mistaken about the banning.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Occasionally, you will see C-store stuff listed in the Engineering reports. But mostly, they just put stuff in one day and say "here ya go".

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Speaking of season 4, which has a major ground combat revamp... here is a video of new STO ground combat in "shooter mode".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr-NH3MG8jE&hd=1  I choose this video because it's in 720p.  The others ive seen are only 480.

The link to the thread in which this video was posted.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=219675&page=3

It looks to me like targeting in this mode is "mouse over", where by you acquire a target by placing your reticle over an enemy.

I wonder how bridge officer control functions while in this mode... seeming as how you have both mouse keys in use for shooting and cannot click abilities on the tray.

Originally posted by Dinendae

The thread was locked, even though the posters heeded the mod warning, but Peregrine_Falcon isn't showing as being banned. Unless it was a temporary ban (and I saw no posts from Peregrine_Falcon that would have warrented that), I think you are mistaken about the banning.

It was showing her , banned.  She was definitely banned, her LTS blue name was white and it plainly stated banned. Obviously they chaged their minds. It was definitely unwarranted from a public exchange and postings. Who knows what was said in private exchanges.

Color me unimpressed as for the ground combat , the changes appear more superficial.  While it does look better , and I played a lot of ground combat PvP wise,  the mechanics are the same . The only major difference is now instead of tab targeting, I just mouse over. The over the shoulder targeting is a mechanic from CO . Nothing earth shattering .  I'm sure a lot of people will praise it up and down , but when you break it down the only new component is the mouse over targeting.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

Did I read that correctly in understanding the company doesn’t really intend to support the KDF side until they develop a larger player base? Then, frankly it won’t happen.

I bet Cryptic wishes they had never added the KDF into the game. The idea of a PVP faction looks good on paper but they were not in touch with what the majority Star Trek MMO Theme Park audience really wanted from factions in the first place. They’ve never been able to build a consistent PVP player base of any size in either current game for a variety of reasons. It would have been better to save the KDF for a dedicated PVE expansion with a more game encompassing and segregated PVP system for all players.

Cryptic is a good example of why I wouldn’t buy a lifetime subscription to an MMO. It didn’t look like the player in question warranted a ban? If true and  I were her, I'd be turned off of playing. Let's not even mention the F2P winds blowing.

Hmm, can anyone provide a link or offer the name of the thread that was locked?  Seems like it would be an interesting read.

Hmm, can anyone provide a link or offer the name of the thread that was locked?  Seems like it would be an interesting read.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=217322  Depressing reading , but a great summary. Of course it's locked now that it embarassingly exposes Cryptic .

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

And it's pretty amazing... the amount of work she put into that. A little disturbing too but lol.

Oh man...., I read the OP when he first made this thread but did not really come back to it afterwards.  It's a shame that this thread got taken down. 

Perrigrine_Falcon (who is a guy fyi), put so much effort into this thread to bring forth the facts in a comprehensive timeline of posts made by devs and other articles reguarding the Klingon faction.  So much work gone to waste... good job STO community... good job.  As always.. the flame wars bring down a very informative thread.  /sigh

Perrigrine_Falcon is not banned now though.  If he was earlier, I couldn't say, but he has been posting recently.

Ya know who would have been another epic poster in reguards to this?  Jacob Flowers.  But Cryptic banned him to.