Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What i would do with 100 million dollars.

MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way a game developer or one to be. I am an Audio Engineer and don't have a clue about game development. But I am an 11 year vet of MMORPGs and a lifetime reader and fan of DC comics ( I am only 30 but I have read DC since I was a wee one). So these are just IDEAS of what I would like to see and what I think could make the game better. Here we go....

______________________________________________________________________________________________

First thing is first, I would keep about 10 million to the side so i could be set the rest of my life.

Next? I would go to SOE and say "I want to invest 90 million dollars into DCUO but on 2 conditions. 1, I oversee the project and have the final say (SOE has no say in a combat upgrade or w/e shit they wanna do to mess things up) and 2, the changes would only be made and developed for the PC version"

Where would I start?

I like Jens Anderson. He would stay as well as most of the current DCUO team. Kao got the boot already (i know he "Quit" but we know the real story) and that is the only thing I probably would have done had he still been there. Next.

Well the story and content really aren't the problem. I would just need to add more of it. Maybe up the level cap to 50. I would bring back all the voice actors and quest writers and add 20 more levels worth of content. Next.

The UI blows. COMPLETE REWORK. Bring the UI into modern day standards and not console standards. Add the function of using more than 6 powers at a time. :) Better chat and so on. Next.

The character creation is pretty bad. COMPLETE REWORK. I would add way more costume parts, color combos, and of course body types. You would be able to use sliders to determine your body size (like CoH/CO). Also, tails would act like tails and not plastic toy parts.

The Classes. COMPLETE REWORK. This is the largest thing  they really messed up on." I want to be like superman but I have to take fire as a power set.....I am not forced to use it but i am gimp if i don't" <--------sounds really messed up huh? I would add classes that related to DC characters. For example i would take Ice and break it down into two categories. One would be Captain Cold like where you use technology to create ice and one would be the character "Ice", who creates it out of thin air. A projectiles class could be broke down into two like Green Arrow and Captain Boomerang. See where this is going? More classes could be:

-Speedsters- Use speed to damage foes (Flash, Zoom, and so on)

-Aerial Assault- People who attack from the air (Hawkman, Adam Strange, and so on)

-Might- people who use strength to build or destroy (Supes, Solomon Grundy, and so on)

-Lantern- Green or Yellow lanterns (Hal Jordan, Sinestro, and so on)

-Growth- Characters who can enlarge their body (Atom Smasher, Giganta)

There are many I could spit out...again these are just ideas.

Travel Powers. I would add some travel powers to the game. The main one I can think of right now is teleportation. Now, who can i relate that to you ask? Mirror Master. Another is an offshoot of speed, "Small Vehicles" that being like motorcycles and such. The same could be applied to flight. Lets just say A LOT could be done to make travel powers more Spicy.

After a year of reworking the game to make it an amazing MMORPG, I would re-release it.  I would give 2 free months of play to anyone who purchased the game so that they could come and see the changes.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Please know, I love DC Comics and was very hurt when this game turned out like it did. We know that SOE doesn't have the money now to really fix this game and that is what kills me.  They actually had the nerve to release a "content update" trailer at E3.....I am suprised they had the nerve to show their face at all. Even with the free gameplay right now with SOE games, DCUO is still a ghost town.  If you guys have ideas of your own about what you would do with a 100 million dollars, please feel free to post. I would like to see what you guys would do!

Comments

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135

I would take the 100 million and say frak making a game and be even more set for life.

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

Originally posted by donjuanagain

I would take the 100 million and say frak making a game and be even more set for life.

I guess I am too much of  a DC fan boy. lol

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

For 100 mil you could just make a new game. I love DC too, its the only reason i am thinking of trying the game again, (its cheap on steam right now), but so much needs to be fixed, soe either put a heck of a lot into it, or pull the plug, its hard to see it limping on like this, when swtor, tera, gw2 etc come out, this may be one of many mmos that will get swept away.

I would prefure a more bioware-ish game with major story, dialogue, as well as action, with some of DCs best writers, you could really do some nice stuff, maybe even elseworlds scenaros, think red-son or all-star superman, show the gaming world its not just cheesey fight set-ups.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

For $100 million you could probably purchase all of SOE and then do anything you like with all the games.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Invest $100 million dollars in stocks, profit.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

100 Million? F'it, I'd become Lex Luthor, like. Clones and all. Take over the world. That kinda thing.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

investing 90% of your money in SOE isnt exactly the most wise thing to do..

After building myself the mightiest pc manking has ever now I would take the rest and travel and you know...actually do worthy things with it lol

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

The only sad thing to me here is the thought of how much actual good you could do with 100m dollars and the only thought is to revamp some MMO :(

If I had a 100m I would set aside a portion to make sure I would not need to work again and the rest I would go about figuring out how to help out with it.  My own personal main dream would be a large no-kill animal shelter, primarily for dogs but others as well.

I would be remiss if I didn't admit that trying my hand at creating an MMO wouldn't be a part of it but I would invest perhaps 5-10m into this at most and it would be an MMO that I created all the storyline for.  In the hopes of repeating my success at running NWN1 servers.  If there has been one thing I can do it is world creation and storyline.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

Yes 90% into SOE....you make a SPECTACTULAR game....then the user's accounts get hacked and they never come back out of spite!  Hehe just kidding =)

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by Mizzmo

But I am an 11 year old

Not gonna listen to an 11 year old

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Fun game, poor revenue model.

Actually I like the GAMEPLAY interface.  Comm interface is pretty horrible, but weapon combos are fun. 

Only having 6 power slots WOULD BE fine, IF you didn't have to work up the power tree so much.  "You much pick this and this power to get THIS power" stuff doesn't work well when you're limiting a load out.  I should be able to pick a bunch of powers that work with different roles rather than have to pick stuff up I don't want to get to something I do.

Or they should've let you buy power upgrades instead of all new powers.

But all in all, SO MUCH they did right.  Love the weaponizable, destructible environments.  Travel powers were smooth and useful.  Felt nimble using them, compared to the awkwardness of CO, CoX.

If I know Sony, they will strangle the remaining life from this game, and eventually shut it down.  MxO all over again.  Sad.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Mizzmo

First thing is first, I would keep about 10 million to the side so i could be set the rest of my life.

I'd buy mmorpg just to ban you for throwing away $90 million ;)

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

Fix SWG pre-CU....

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

I would buy you a green coat (but not a real green coat, that's cruel)

• KareshKaresh Member UncommonPosts: 242

hm.. I would buy a nice house and a brand new car. Then I'd put 10m or so in the bank so I'd be set for life (as the OP would). Then I would give the rest (90m or so) to charities and to help the needy.

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277

I would fly my gf to the moon and do her.

• AuxiliaryAuxiliary Member Posts: 90

I would live a very pleasant life and my friends and family would do so as well.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

I'd make half a game then spend $10 million looking for investors to finish the other half.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• SteelSer1esSteelSer1es Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Fennris

I would fly my gf to the moon and do her.

This.

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167

wow $90 million on a game, I"d would buy $50 mil in gold and live happily ever after with the other $50 mil.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....