Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP in APB

CarolinaBestCarolinaBest Member Posts: 13

If you are not a fan of fps, this game is not for you.  Players in this game have crazy good aim, noob like me will quit after dying so fast and i did :)

Comments

• dajabbadajabba Member Posts: 25

Well sir, I agree to some extent.  If you are unable to play due to physical limitations, that is understandable.  If you are unable to play because you got discouraged because you thought of yourself as a "noob", that is your fault not the games or anyone elses.  It is your choice to stick with it and get better, or go to something that is more comfortable.  At first in APB I was getting zero kills and a bunch of deaths each match.  I was raging!  I couldn't figure out what the secret was, how all of these people were so good.  Then all of a sudden it clicked for me.  I think what I needed to realize was that bullets are coming from the tip of my gun, and going towards my crosshair, I needed to adjust according to my position.  Second was cover, finding good cover is one of my top priorities.  Those two things made it click for me, and now I get plenty of kills and not many deaths.  Good luck to ya ninja.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

the first time apb betad and died it was due to the ease of aimbot and exploiting to have a 100% chance of killing someone with no fear of retribution.

if they havent fixed the glaring cheating then the game is screwed again

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I'm above average at many shooter games, but was pretty terrible at this game. APB does have a bit more of a learning curve and does not handle like most shooters. To me it seemed slower and less visceral.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• spookymiaspookymia Member UncommonPosts: 57

[Well sir, I agree to some extent.  If you are unable to play due to physical limitations, that is understandable.  If you are unable to play because you got discouraged because you thought of yourself as a "noob", that is your fault not the games or anyone elses.  It is your choice to stick with it and get better, or go to something that is more comfortable.  At first in APB I was getting zero kills and a bunch of deaths each match.  I was raging!  I couldn't figure out what the secret was, how all of these people were so good.  Then all of a sudden it clicked for me.  I think what I needed to realize was that bullets are coming from the tip of my gun, and going towards my crosshair, I needed to adjust according to my position.  Second was cover, finding good cover is one of my top priorities.  Those two things made it click for me, and now I get plenty of kills and not many deaths.  Good luck to ya ninja.]

I can second this. Being in Australia I have a ping of around 220 and I am not good at FPS games, however even after dying lots of times in APB I began to get the hang of things and it is soooo much fun!

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by Palebane

I'm above average at most shooter games. APB does have a bit more of a learning curve though. The game does not handle like most shooters.

I will agree with that.  It feels different.  I have put maybe 25 hours into APB:R since the closed beta, and it still feels off, still learning it.

As far as hackers/script kiddies/whatever, I have only come across one player who I am 99% sure was running some kind of script or aimbot.  It was pretty obvious.  I have been playing shooter games for many, many years and sometimes it's just easy to tell when someone is not fully in control.  Besides that, I really have not witnessed much "cheating".  The game is somewhat buggy and sometimes these bugs give the illusion that someone is cheating.

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

Its not really about raw "aim" skills.

Its about cover, range, and knowing the area your fighting in.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by dajabba

Well sir, I agree to some extent.  If you are unable to play due to physical limitations, that is understandable.  If you are unable to play because you got discouraged because you thought of yourself as a "noob", that is your fault not the games or anyone elses.  It is your choice to stick with it and get better, or go to something that is more comfortable.  At first in APB I was getting zero kills and a bunch of deaths each match.  I was raging!  I couldn't figure out what the secret was, how all of these people were so good.  Then all of a sudden it clicked for me.  I think what I needed to realize was that bullets are coming from the tip of my gun, and going towards my crosshair, I needed to adjust according to my position.  Second was cover, finding good cover is one of my top priorities.  Those two things made it click for me, and now I get plenty of kills and not many deaths.  Good luck to ya ninja.

Physicial limitations?? How about simply not liking FPS aim type of games?

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by CarolinaBest

If you are not a fan of fps, this game is not for you.  Players in this game have crazy good aim, noob like me will quit after dying so fast and i did :)

surely won't disagree on that one.

in the first place APB is what it is, a shooter.

mixed with some elements of mmos... but still. a shooter <3

while we are at it, if you are no fan of strategy, chess is not a game for you *G*

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• DeViLzzz2007DeViLzzz2007 Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by neorandom

the first time apb betad and died it was due to the ease of aimbot and exploiting to have a 100% chance of killing someone with no fear of retribution.

if they havent fixed the glaring cheating then the game is screwed again

Maybe one day the player base will realize that cheating in a game is pathetic.

Money is the root of all evil.

• Dorko2kDorko2k Member Posts: 107

I stick to driving mostly & use cover to my advantage. I don't play many shooters so my aim aint that great but I'm a hell of a driver & run people over like crazy.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Originally posted by CarolinaBest

District Recommendation System

This system will alter the district logic, so that instead of having 100 players with random skill levels in each district, instead various districts will "skew" toward a certain skill level, and the default selection from the district select screen will drop you in to the proper district for your skill level. Therefore you will be joining approximately a "low", "medium" and "high" level district, still with quite a wide variety of levels, but much more narrow range than today. The result should be much faster and better matches, since the match making system doesn't have to work nearly as hard to concoct a workable match from a more narrow range of skill levels. While players will not be stopped from moving around to different districts, as a future enhancement there will be penalties for very high level players joining low level districts and trying to ROFL-stomp newbies.

http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/p/apb-development-road-maps.html

This move should help the new comers handling the learning curve.. They intend on implementing this by the end of the month..