Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Took the plunge and drowned.

Bradlee88Bradlee88 Member Posts: 11

I took the plunge last night to download and try Mortal Online for the first time. And I must say, it looks and feels like the sort of game I would love to play. And I did enjoy playing it but.. I didn't come across a clear tutorial and what people I did see where very very rude. When i asked a simple question like "How do I mine please" I was told many a time to F off. 

Anybody reading these forums that can give me some advice? Even better be my mentor in the game?

Regards

Brad

Comments

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

That is part of the MO Experience.

• kastrixkastrix Member Posts: 75

lol, no. iv'e actually mostly noticed the opposit, that people in mo are more helpfull than in your general mmo. otherwise is dawn out any second now with an ingame tutorial

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I think you gotta talk to miner tutorial guy, find skill in your skill book, drag it out on action bar, equip axe, stand in front of a stone, and then press number the mining is on.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by Bradlee88

I took the plunge last night to download and try Mortal Online for the first time. And I must say, it looks and feels like the sort of game I would love to play. And I did enjoy playing it but.. I didn't come across a clear tutorial and what people I did see where very very rude. When i asked a simple question like "How do I mine please" I was told many a time to F off. 

Anybody reading these forums that can give me some advice? Even better be my mentor in the game?

Regards

Brad

Hey, check out the official forums at http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/ , there's a whole bunch of beginner's guides and helpful people.  There's a Question and Answer section that'd be a great place to ask questions that people who play the game can answer.  There's also a few guilds geared towards recruiting new players to help them out.

There's also a Players Guide section to the forums here:  http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/player-guides/

check out the stickies, especially the 'how not to ragequit' or whatever it's called

Welcome to MO image

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

In most sandbox style games its best to do a bit of "study" first before plunging into the game.

I remember when I was thinking of playing EVE I spent over 2 weeks reading new player guides before signing up for the trial, MO is probably another such game where proper planning will make your experience more pleasant.

I did a quick Google search on new player guides and this one happens to have some instructions for mining.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/50637-beginners-guide-not-rage-quitting-mortal-online.html

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HipsterHipster Member Posts: 69

1. Find a guild that fits your beliefs. If you skip this step soloing though MO is not going to be doable for 97% of the players, you will prob end up quitting.

2. To mine talk to the gatherer tutor near to where you spawned. Pick up mining and woodchopping from him. Press L, your skills. Locate mining and woodchopping drag the icon for those to your hotbar. Equip the pickaxe and unsheath it(press x) while standing in from of a rock or tree, and press the button on your hotbar you placed up there.

3. You can sell wood you cut to vendors but vendors will not buy rock you mine. You can only sell rock to players and usually to make rock sellable you will need to extract/refine it into ore.

PS-Pick up "Resting" from the fighter tutor also while you are there before you go anywhere else. Look my guild up on the guild forum section. We are Duchy of Wessex.

• Bradlee88Bradlee88 Member Posts: 11

Hehe, I've played Darkfall. And I did enjoy the game! The pvp (When it happened) was fun and very very interesting. But on the other side of things the population on the EU servers was terrible.

Oh, lucky me it seems! The new Mortal Online expansions comes just as I was about to give up. And! AND!

Game-play Tutorial System

The new tutorial help system teaches newcomers Mortal Online's basic controls, rules and systems as you play the game. When performing actions for the first time you will now receive notifications which can be expanded into helpful and informative guides. This intuitive system will answer almost all questions a new player might have concerning the fundamentals of playing Mortal Online. The tutorial system is easily disabled for veteran players.