Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been gone for a while

snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Hello

I havent played LOTRO for a while. Stop right after the last xpac before it went F2P. So how is P2P now? Is it even worth it. I myself wont play a game that goes F2P just because it attracts a lot of casual and players that just could care less.

Comments

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Originally posted by snoop101

Hello

I havent played LOTRO for a while. Stop right after the last xpac before it went F2P. So how is P2P now? Is it even worth it. I myself wont play a game that goes F2P just because it attracts a lot of casual and players that just could care less.

The game basically is still P2P. Think of it like they kept the current P2P version and then added another one with a buttload of limitiations that can be kinda circumvented by very serious grinding. The store is a mixed blessing, its not entirely optional in all circumstances even for a VIP(shared storage, Wardrobe), then again one could argue thats that what we get our 500 TP a month for.

Playerbase hasn't changed much, lower levels and bree can be a little more annoying then what i remember from before but it all evens out in the higher regions. Looking at my Kinship hardly anyone left the game, but we got a couple of new players. Also most people i associate with in the game(Kin/RP) prefer to be either VIP or ex-VIPs with buying content packs. Pure F2P players, atleast in higher level areas, are rather rare. I guess if you like the game enough to stick around that long you don't mind paying a bit.

Is it worth it? That depends on why you have quit in the first place. Imho if you have yet to see Mirkwood and the content added after it, or want to roll a new class through the revamped areas, it would be worth it.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i,m on laurelin server and has far as i,m concerned its still the same fun game to play even with f2p.has,nt made any differnce to community..still has good as ever.